Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 08:06 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times

Advertisements

What is with the new trend of homophobic bigots not wanting to admit to being hateful, prejudiced, or intolerant of homosexuals? I'm really baffled. You can tell by their behavior that they are prejudiced and hateful yet they will never admit it or discuss it. In fact they use the excuse that "a lot of their friends and co-workers are gay."

Gay sounds like the new black . Remember the old saying "A lot of my friends are black". Suuuuure they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 08:17 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
What is with the new trend of homophobic bigots not wanting to admit to being hateful, prejudiced, or intolerant of homosexuals? I'm really baffled. You can tell by their behavior that they are prejudiced and hateful yet they will never admit it or discuss it. In fact they use the excuse that "a lot of their friends and co-workers are gay."

Gay sounds like the new black . Remember the old saying "A lot of my friends are black". Suuuuure they are.
Actually I'm amused when I see the angry and militant gays on CD so quick to throw labels and stereotypes on any one who dare disagree with them.

Maybe we heteros need special hate crime legislation to protect us against the likes of you

Old 02-24-2010, 08:49 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
I laugh at any and every homosexual that leans on the plight of the black community to make the case for gay rights. This is particularly ironic (and downright humorous) considering the Black community are the furthest thing from an ally the gay rights community could possibly have. But, still, the equivocating continues. It's really kind of humorous in a sad kind of way.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:51 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I laugh at any and every homosexual that leans on the plight of the black community to make the case for gay rights. This is particularly ironic (and downright humorous) considering the Black community are the furthest thing from an ally the gay rights community could possibly have. But, still, the equivocating continues. It's really kind of humorous in a sad kind of way.
Laugh all you want. Intelligent people (including many blacks) see parallels between the fights for equality among gays and blacks. The situations aren't identical, obviously, but there are some similarities.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:52 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,027,560 times
a lot of my friends are stupid

Old 02-24-2010, 08:54 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post

So how exactly do you tell? For sure I mean?

Old 02-24-2010, 08:55 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,057 times
Eh, eventually it'll be more taboo for people to use "***" in everyday life. Kind of how "N" isn't really thrown around.......in public.

It'll take time, but it will happen. Then the Christians, haters, and hillbillies will be mad because they can't say "***" in public anymore. Meh.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:55 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Laugh all you want. Intelligent people (including many blacks) see parallels between the fights for equality among gays and blacks. The situations aren't identical, obviously, but there are some similarities.
Whatever parallels there are, they're minute compared to the pre-1964 segregation days. You can vote. You can drink from any water fountain. You can sit at a lunch counter. You simply cannot get married and cash in (Ka-ching!) on the monetary benefits that you think you deserve. Let's be honest, that's what the whole "gay rights" thing is all about: Money. When put in that perspective, gays are no different than any other opportunist in this nation. "Gimme, gimme, gimme. I deserve that money! He's my partner! Oh, and while your at it, can I have a marriage certificate to go with that? The bank won't cash this check unless I have it."

Old 02-24-2010, 08:57 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
I was being flippant when I said gay is the new black. Gays were never slaves in the USA nor were they segregated.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:03 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
Homo---any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae

Phobe---one who fears something specified

Homophobe---one afraid of people.

Ok...why are you upset with people who are afraid of other people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies