Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 11:52 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times

Advertisements

Like I said before. This publicity stunt is going to cost the taxpayers millions when all of the claims that are being cut by the computer have to be rebuilt. Where will Klantucky find another rube to replace this one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 12:06 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Like I said before. This publicity stunt is going to cost the taxpayers millions when all of the claims that are being cut by the computer have to be rebuilt. Where will Klantucky find another rube to replace this one
I'm not sure it is a publicity stunt. I think he may be too stubbornly stupid to understand the math and the complications of NOT extending the unemployment in a severe recession.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
As I posted before..AIG wants more money, Freddie wants more money and now the unemployed want more money.

How much "more money" does the Fed have to give out ?
Bernake just stated the printing press is closing down.

And I haven't even started on the spending bills in Congress.

When does it stop..when do we start CUTTING ?

Old 02-27-2010, 12:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Move WHERE? Hell with the 'elite' jobs, there aren't ANY jobs. Why can't people get this through their thick skulls?!
There are jobs. Otherwise we wouldn't have 25-30 million people here illegally and many of them working.

No matter how bad people say it is, how many of those on unemployment would clean houses, rake leaves, pick apples?

Old 02-27-2010, 12:39 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
His stunt will cost millions to undo as the computers drop their claims tomorrow and hundreds of thousand of man hours will have to be spent reenewing those claims. Either that or we can just throw ten million people out in the streets.

Where do the people in Klantucky find these guys?
Klantucky has no shortage of birdbrains. I know, I've lived in Klantucky for the last 8 years.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:39 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Do you have the ability to discuss a topic....
Pot, kettle...black.

Quote:
boo hoo hoo.. More liberal whining....

Old 02-27-2010, 12:43 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
I think people on unemployment need to wake up and realize their favorite politicians sold them down the river a long time ago. Where were they when NAFTA was put into effect? Did they fail to consider where that was going to get us? What did they think all the "free trade" was all about? It was about replacing middle class labor with third world labor.

People need to realize the old $40 an hour union jobs aren't coming back. How can minimum wage type taxpayerss - and less support teachers salaries of $100,000 a year?

What happens when the government has to make cuts? And look at Greece today, it's facing spending cuts so why do some think it cannot happen here? They just upped the national debt ceiling so they'll probably extend unemployment a while longer but those who believe they can keep doing this have to get your heads out of the sand.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:52 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Do you have the ability to discuss a topic, or is calling people names all you are capable of doing?

Sorry I couldn't rep you again, but thank you for saying what I was thinking. Seems it doesn't matter to liberals if the nation is bankrupted as long a they win elections. I also think we're going to see more of this sort of name calling as we approach the election since liberals have no defense for their defiant self-serving political games in the face voter outrage.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:00 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Then hold on to your job with both hands and pray to God your company never goes belly up, or you never get fired.

Yeah, guy, people who got laid off WANTED it that way.

This person doesn't mind it, and I pay taxes.

Well, what is really holding up the extension is the issue of paying for it. Democrats want to add it to the national debt that we will force our children to repay. Bunning wants to use porkolus money to pay for it. Democrats can't get behind that because then they wouldn't have as much borrowed money to buy votes.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There are jobs. Otherwise we wouldn't have 25-30 million people here illegally and many of them working.

No matter how bad people say it is, how many of those on unemployment would clean houses, rake leaves, pick apples?
I know plenty of non-immigrants who are cleaning houses. I dunno about raking leaves, isn't that something teenagers do for a little extra cash to go to the movies? How many employers want to hire US citizens to pick apples? I actually had a relative who owned an orchard who did so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies