Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 10:40 PM

805 posts, read 772,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Call 'em then.
Are you and AnUnidentifiedMale married? Related? Conjoined twins seperated at birth?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 11:49 PM

9,879 posts, read 7,993,980 times
My favorite childish talking point from the Republicans was when Roskam was explaining on TV the description of the Etch-a-Sketch.

Rep. Peter Roskam, R-Ill., likened the Democratic bills to a child's Etch-A-Sketch design gone awry. "A year's worth of work and this is what's come up with?" he said as the session was near its end. "The American public … (is) vehemently opposed to it. Take the Etch-a-Sketch and let's do this" — he held the imaginary slate in front of him and erased the design with a shake — and "let's do incremental things."

Now if only Gumby and Slinky were in the room

Old 02-26-2010, 11:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,604,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
My favorite childish talking point from the Republicans was when Roskam was explaining on TV the description of the Etch-a-Sketch.

Rep. Peter Roskam, R-Ill., likened the Democratic bills to a child's Etch-A-Sketch design gone awry. "A year's worth of work and this is what's come up with?" he said as the session was near its end. "The American public … (is) vehemently opposed to it. Take the Etch-a-Sketch and let's do this" — he held the imaginary slate in front of him and erased the design with a shake — and "let's do incremental things."

Now if only Gumby and Slinky were in the room
I agree. That line was particularly pathetic.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:42 AM

1,689 posts, read 4,290,289 times
What's up with the deal he's got with the unions "not" to tax their Cadillac plans until 2018. If it's such a good idea why is he waiting?

He doesn't want to be around or have it attached to his name when the stool hits the fan. It's a very bad idea. So is the Medicare cuts just to begin.

I thought he was crass and his attempts at what he thinks people see as humor is pathetic.

I call it the "Roosevelt Watermark" that Obama so desperately wants to go down in history with.

He didn't understand it from the start and he still has no clue about health care. Let's see; cutting off patients limbs, the religion card, the death card, the hysterical deadlines, I'm not communicating this right card, I'm doing it for your own good because you're too stupid to understand, Scott Brown won because his opponent campaigned badly, this will not raise the deficit, you can keep your current doctor on and on.

I had to turn it off at the start as he showed no proper decorum when addressing the Republican Senators. It was clear to me IMO that he was not serious and thumbed his nose at the Republican Senators when in retort and visibly agitated. Obama never ceases to embarrass me. He's like a child with access to a bunch of money that's burning a hole in his pocket.

I almost dropped dead looking at what "they" took out of my last paycheck knowing it will only get worse. You want fraud; pass this bill and I guarantee you it will happen at a scale that will be unbelievable.

When can he "please" get serious?

Old 02-27-2010, 01:56 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,694,384 times
The republicans want to maintain the status quo, after all most of them are bought & paid for by the Insurance companies.
In short, the needs of their paymasters come before the needs of their constituants.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:58 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,529,404 times
If this is childish, Please proof it all wrong.

159 Ways the Senate Bill Is a Government Takeover of Health Care - Blog - GOP

Old 02-27-2010, 03:59 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,914,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Repeat the following phrases about 20 times and you'll know everything you need to know about how Republicans feel about health care reform:

"We need a clean sheet of paper", "it's time to start over", "go step by step", etc.

YouTube - Childish talking points from Republicans about health care reform
Apparently America agrees with them. They want reform just not what Obama is offering. The only way to get there is to start from scratch. I did hear Obama will be offering his plan with some of the Republican ideas but it is an uphill battle. The best thing that could happen to the Republicans would be the Democrats using reconciliation. There are so many sound bites of the Democrats and their complaining about Bush doing this for judge appointments and stating that they would never use it. That it would make for so many campaign commercials. You can't beat the spoken work and its power to sway.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:01 AM

Quote:
My point is that they really didn't have any ideas to contribute. They thought that if they just repeated the same elementary-school phrases over and over again, that it would resonate with the public. Instead, they just looked like fools.
And that would be why Obama expects to add some of the Republican ideas to his plan hoping to gain public support?

Old 02-27-2010, 04:02 AM

Quote:
That wasn't a talking point from me. That was my own independent analysis.
Correction, it was your opinion and we all know how that goes...

Old 02-27-2010, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Exactly. I could care less what any Republican thinks at this point. Use reconciliation and ram it through any way they can, because nothing short of Obama committing suicide on live TV will please the rabid party of NO.
I actually agree, ram it through to make sure the Republicans have enough campaign commercials for their retaking control of Congress in 2010. What a stupid game.

blowoutcongress.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies