Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 06:50 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,572,060 times

Advertisements

Yep;1968 was the end of personal responsiblity and when goernamnt decide people where too stuipd to make their owndecision or take care of themselves.They decided that governamnt would become second parents and many are lost with out the government parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 06:52 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,024,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Hey, we're trying to run a society here, not a summer camp for those with Severe Entitlement Disorder...

lol.... but a "society" existed (even at higher levels) looooong before some bankers came along engulfed us in redundant bureaucracy.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
I'm sure that may be the case in a few instances but honestly I think the majority of guys just don't want to ante up. I mean, how many lifetime movies have been made about this very situation? On the other side, too many teenage girls seem to think of having a kid as like having a pet & then the real world hits them & they're like "oh crap".
I agree, and it goes back to my list, in regrds to fact that we have a degenerated culture. Men today do not go though some sort of rites of passage to prove their manhood and flex themselves against other men. Men today can do what they want (e.g, hit women, leave children) and there is ZERO accountability.

Conversely, women today are not taught the difference between a good man, and a bad one; they will just sleep with any man who looks as if he is financially successful.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:10 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,394,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
lol.... but a "society" existed (even at higher levels) looooong before some bankers came along engulfed us in redundant bureaucracy.
The old rose-colored rear-view mirror. If you think today's bankers are bad, well...

Old 02-26-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Where in the world do you live? I don't know of any city in the U.S. that has video cameras on every corner..
Ok, it's not EVERY corner but I have lived in CA and PA and if you look at every major intersection (including freeways) you will see cameras at the tops of the poles. Who is looking at all this? Why? Is the cost necessary? Regardless, I don't like it; it's soooo "1984".

Quote:
According to which court?..
Best thing to do is go to this website to learn more about it.

http://www.teamlaw.org

Quote:
Sounds like freedom to me. If you don't like those things, don't participate in them, but let others decide those things for themselves.
No because these people still effect my life. How many people get killed each year from drunk drivers? How many people are victims of crime because somebody was on drugs? How can civilization ADVANCE itself if people just work, then on their down time, sit around and get high/drunk?

Quote:
If we eliminated laws against victimless crimes (recreational drug use, prostitution, etc.), we'd have a lot fewer criminals..
True.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:15 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,394,243 times
Quote:
Ok, it's not EVERY corner but I have lived in CA and PA and if you look at every major intersection (including freeways) you will see cameras at the tops of the poles. Who is looking at all this? Why? Is the cost necessary? Regardless, I don't like it; it's soooo "1984".
You mean red-light cameras. They shoot your licence plate if you run a red light, and then they send you a ticket. Boy, how can they violate the rights of red-light runners like that...

Old 02-26-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
The old rose-colored rear-view mirror. If you think today's bankers are bad, well...

Trillons of dollars went missing after 9/11, you got the Enron and the Worldcom scandal. Ummm, our dollar is not backed by any gold and we don't even know if the gold we had is even in Fort Knox anymore.

And what about the bailout of 09? We all were robbed, just not at gun point.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
You mean red-light cameras. They shoot your licence plate if you run a red light, and then they send you a ticket. Boy, how can they violate the rights of red-light runners like that...
No. I'm not talking about those cameras but many people (including myself) don't like those either. I'm telling you it's all to increase revenue. It has nothing to do with safety.

Real Estate Blog - Can anyone please tell me why there are cameras at street intersections?-

Old 02-26-2010, 08:32 PM
R66

145 posts, read 418,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
For me in my lifetime. Mid 1980s to early 1990's.
100% agreed and I am 44 years old.

I think 1980-1990, the best years.....

Unfortunately, and sad to say, I don't see things getting any better for the USA.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:36 PM
R66

145 posts, read 418,513 times
Quote:
Trillons of dollars went missing after 9/11, you got the Enron and the Worldcom scandal. Ummm, our dollar is not backed by any gold and we don't even know if the gold we had is even in Fort Knox anymore. And what about the bailout of 09? We all were robbed, just not at gun point.
GREED. American greed is to blame. We all want a new Truck, a new Plasma TV and new this, new that. Everything now is made in China. If China said 'F*ck you Americans' we'd all be in a world of hurt.

The new generation is fat, addicted to computers, cell phones.

Watch MTV these days?

Don't want kids. Glad I don't have them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies