Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2010, 07:20 PM

105 posts, read 234,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
*sigh*

who started this thread..Rush Limbaugh - Sean Hannity - Glenn Beck...
no Bill O'reilly lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 07:24 PM

105 posts, read 234,449 times
How can all blacks be on welfare we only make up 12% of the population.. so you're telling our entire 12% are on welfare sounds stupid to me.. out of the all the minorities we are truly the minorities! Think About IT!

Old 03-02-2010, 07:37 PM

37,883 posts, read 21,983,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well Clarence Thomas aside, who would you be referring to and sight specific examples of what they are doing and how much actual influence they have on African Americans.
They are mostly all anecdotal, since its pretty tough to prove hearsay from another person, but I find it odd that someone seemingly as active as you are, in the realm of ideas, has never heard from any person of color complain that they are pressured to act a certain way, simply by virtue of their skin color or race. So here are a few examples to chew on:

Quote:
The verbal war against Oprah began after rapper/actor Ludacris complained that Oprah had been unfair to her during an appearance with his "Crash" co-stars on the talk-show. 50 Cent then joined the outcry saying that Oprah "caters to older white women."

Read some of the comments also.

Hip-hop Vs. Oprah: Ice Cube Joins 50 Cent and Ludacris
Quote:
“Why is it that a man who calls himself black can’t bring himself to cheat on his wife with a black woman?” said Sharpton, speaking to a group of supporters in Harlem. “What does it say to young black girls everywhere when you pass them over? Shame on you, Tiger Woods. What would your daddy say?”

Apparently, even cheating on your wife must be done a certain way if you are of a certain skin color.

Al Sharpton, Tiger Woods satire lost on some
Quote:
Have you been reading the thread? Do you understand the premise? Do you not understand the irony of arguing the need for certain behaviors while vilifying those individuals and organizations which work to ameliorate those same issues?
I usually read the OP and make my response, without reading the other replies. This way I’m not tempted be influenced by what others say.

You started a thread it a confused sort of way, as a vehicle to criticize people for not viewing folks like Jackson and Sharpton or organizations like the NAACP in a favorable way. All three consist of people with a political bias, these groups actually lead the way in being critical of people for not toeing a particular line.

Quote:
Something is wrong with black society? As if black society is somehow divorced from the influences of the greater dominate society. When I read these sorts of comments, I have to wonder, why are there white people who ascribe to such weird notions about social norms?
It was a black teacher who was shocked at her grade school students who thought marriage was for white people, so ascribe your template to her.

Quote:
It would seem that based upon this argument, every white American is infused with the Protestant work ethic, is firmly in the middle class, never does drugs, is never involved in criminal behavior and are practitioners of perfect American english pronunciation.
I don't even know where this response from you comes from. It was a teacher friend of mine who overhears students scorning a smart young black child for striving to get god grades and speaking English without, what Harry Reid calls the "Negro dialect", but I never spoke of drug use, income or class status, crime or religion.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:09 PM

515 posts, read 714,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
I just want to know how many of you that have posted on this thread about blacks kids getting an education are actually doing something about them getting a "proper" education?

I work at a charter school in Philadelphia, thats free to the public. I know whole heartedly the politics that go on at schools. City schools do not care about teaching children! If they did, the 10th graders at my school would be able to read and spell.

What they do care about though, is the money thats going into their pockets. These kids are taught to test, so that the school can get more money when the test scores are high! Then they curve them to make it seem like its higher than what the ability of the kid actually is.

I am at the school as a behavioral therapist, and it frustrates me to no end that in most of my sessions, I am helping a kid do their homework or teaching them what their teacher should have taught them! To me its modern day slavery of our children's minds and no one cares!!!

So everyone here on C-D that complains about the education issue probably has never ever stepped foot into an inner city school where politics trump actual teaching! You want kids to get an education, get off of C-D and mentor a child! These kids want to learn, yet there are too few people who actually care enough to teach them correctly.

Sorry...just frustrated from work today!

There is no reason why kids in modern America can not freaking read, write, spell, or understand how to compute!
May I ask who is running these schools where the money "disappears"?

I'll bet you a whole lot of money that these funds are not going into White pockets!

Old 03-02-2010, 09:20 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,673,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Black culture is American culture. In fact, it's just about as American as they come.
Try getting a job on Wall Street, in a law firm, as an accountant, and almost any reputable business, other than maybe Hollywood, while speaking Ebonics, wearing African garb, pants on the ground, chain around the neck, hat turned sideways. To believe that the black culture is the same as the American culture is preposterous.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:27 PM

932 posts, read 1,674,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
May I ask who is running these schools where the money "disappears"?

I'll bet you a whole lot of money that these funds are not going into White pockets!
This just made me laugh out loud literally.

The teachers are young white females. The CEO of the charter school is a white man, all of the principals are white men...

You know what this is not about white or black..its about children period who are getting taught the minimum just to fatten pockets...

Old 03-02-2010, 09:37 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,252,714 times
The OP is straight out RACIST! Its people like you that are the reason why the racial problems in this country will never disappear. No lack of feeling or understanding in regards to what black people have been through.

And it irritates me when people get mad about black people having things dedicated for black people. Like BET or the UNCF. The last I checked, nearly every station on TV shows mostly shows that only have whites. The last I checked, the majority of scholarships go to white kids. I guess, if you aren't white then you aren't worthy of having anything.

And I don't know if anyone checked the latest stats, but white people are fast catching up with black people as far as out of wedlock babies. And marriages rates in Europe are far lower than they are in America, so please don't act like black people created this phenomenon.

And WHY are white people always talking about black people. I can guarantee we don't think about you all half as much as you talk and think about us.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:42 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,252,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I agree with you...I'm Jewish and lost a lot of family members during WWll, and in my family we don't talk about it much, although I wish my parents would tell me a little bit more about it, but the can't....

Our family had to make it on our own and by blaming others the whole time wouldn't have helped us much....

I get sick of black people talking about being slaves etc....they obvious forgot that Jewish people were slaves as well and hardly any Jew will talk about it...

Stop Whining and get a life!
I'm not trying to put down what your family went through, but the Holocaust lasted a few years. Blacks were enslaved in the U.S. for THREE CENTURIES and then experienced decades of Jim Crow afterwards. And at least you know of the family members you lost, blacks were so separated during slavery, very few us know of our origins. Several countries came to the rescue of the Jews, this did not happen for blacks with slavery, so please don't try and act like its the same thing because its not.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:59 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,201,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Try getting a job on Wall Street, in a law firm, as an accountant, and almost any reputable business, other than maybe Hollywood, while speaking Ebonics, wearing African garb, pants on the ground, chain around the neck, hat turned sideways. To believe that the black culture is the same as the American culture is preposterous.
You obviously have a very one-sided view of black culture. Those elements no more define black culture than rebel flags and John Deere hats define white culture.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:00 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,054,712 times
This thread is so sad......it is so appearant to see who the intelligent beings are here. Who ever initiated this whole topic was certainly not... and those siding with that ignorance are very parochial to say the least
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies