Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 08:58 AM

305 posts, read 360,284 times

Advertisements

Article here (http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20100301/pl_politico/33670 - broken link) - I admit that it makes me smile if this maks her feel anxious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 09:03 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Pelosi is getting so scared she is trying to say the Democrats are like the Tea Party protestors. HAHAHAHA

Only the most arrogant would rate themselves an A, and she does this when the congress is rated around 14

Old 03-01-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Pelosi is getting so scared she is trying to say the Democrats are like the Tea Party protestors. HAHAHAHA

Link please?

Old 03-01-2010, 09:21 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:

Only the most arrogant would rate themselves an A, and she does this when the congress is rated around 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneSentinel View Post
Link please?
"... we share some of the views of the Tea Partiers in terms of the role of special interest in Washington, D.C., as -- it just has to stop," Pelosi told ABC's Elizabeth Vargas in an interview for "This Week." "And that's why I've fought the special interest, whether it's on energy, whether it's on health insurance, whether it's on pharmaceuticals and the rest."

She is a champion in fighting special interests in D.C. I didn't know that.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamOrbit View Post
just a reminder: opinion /= FACT. Opinion is only wishful thinking
??...Are you suggesting that I am one who takes anything that ANYONE says here seriously WITHOUT PROVIDING LINKS? I do not. Those who make claims without links annoy me - does not matter if they are liberal or conservative. Their words are suspect.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:28 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:

It's like she was chasing a fly with a baseball bat thru the house, destroying lamps, wall hangings and windows , but she still gives herself an "A" for effort.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:32 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
"... we share some of the views of the Tea Partiers in terms of the role of special interest in Washington, D.C., as -- it just has to stop," Pelosi told ABC's Elizabeth Vargas in an interview for "This Week." "And that's why I've fought the special interest, whether it's on energy, whether it's on health insurance, whether it's on pharmaceuticals and the rest."

She is a champion in fighting special interests in D.C. I didn't know that.
In her mind, lobbyists who do not believe man-made global warming is a threat to the planet, are special interest groups. Goups like the Sierra Club or Green Peace who lobby for cap and trade and global warming legislation are not viewed by Pelosi as special interest groups.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:36 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It's like she was chasing a fly with a baseball bat thru the house, destroying lamps, wall hangings and windows , but she still gives herself an "A" for effort.

She is a nutcase for sure. I am waiting for the left wingers to start calling her a teabagger. I am sure they will embrace the term now that Pelosi is trying to jump on the bandwagon out of fear. There is nothing she won't do or try to twist to her benefit. This play will never work.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:54 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
She is a nutcase for sure. I am waiting for the left wingers to start calling her a teabagger. I am sure they will embrace the term now that Pelosi is trying to jump on the bandwagon out of fear. There is nothing she won't do or try to twist to her benefit. This play will never work.
It looks like the U.S. Tea Party spawned the U.K. Tea Party. Maybe it will sweep the globe. People everywhere, not just in the U.S., dislike and distrust their government.

If the Tea Party movement gains in momentum like that, Nancy is bound to get on board with both feet. At the moment, she's just testing to see "if the shoe fits".

Old 03-01-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It looks like the U.S. Tea Party spawned the U.K. Tea Party. Maybe it will sweep the globe. People everywhere, not just in the U.S., dislike and distrust their government.

If the Tea Party movement gains in momentum like that, Nancy is bound to get on board with both feet. At the moment, she's just testing to see "if the shoe fits".
Good luck to Pelosi there...
here is a link to the Tea Party event in England - The Brighton Tea Party

Looks like the idea was just testing the waters to me...expect more of them from what it sounds like:
Quote:
...The hotel manager told me afterwards that there had been more than 300 people present, not counting those who had had to be turned away. Not bad for a meeting organised with two days’ notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies