Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Where have I heard that one before?
but it is true..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 08:53 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Who would prefer to have delivering your mail? UPS and Fed Ex are not cheap, either, and have worse service (IMO).

I disagree with you, my daughter's ebay business, has thrived because the the great service that UPS AND FED EX have provided her customers with, on time,. not more expensive then USPS and she gets a deal. Now the times that packages have gotten lost, was because of USPS SERVICES, never UPS OR FED EX, she has all positive feedback, but USPS is the ones that have lost packages, never UPS OR FED EX. She sells on the side, but does very very well while going to school, and working. USPS has even lost packages for her customers, and could never find the package, yes there is insurance, but that is not the point, they have lost packages for her many times, it is good that her customers understand this, the majority of her customers prefer UPS.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:05 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,243,697 times
This reaction is not typical of Obama. He usually throws money at all things too big to fail and blames it on Bush. Maybe Obama is having an off day.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:42 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I disagree with you, my daughter's ebay business, has thrived because the the great service that UPS AND FED EX have provided her customers with, on time,. not more expensive then USPS and she gets a deal.
What kind of "deal"?

Shipping Sidekick - Compare Shipping Rates! UPS, USPS and FedEx. Track Packages. Compare Shipping Costs. Get Freight Quotes. Online Shipping Charges. - Shipping Sidekick

This link will compare for you the rates from each of the carriers.

According to that link, shipping from Georgia to California:

An 8 oz package will cost you $5.55 with USPS, and over $20.00 for UPS and Fed Ex.

A 50 pound package will cost you $88.70 with USPS, $217.58 with UPS and $165.10 with Fed Ex.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:46 PM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I do believe it's important to have a national mail service, but I'd say that 80-90% of the mail I get is junk/advertisements. I wonder how much money could be saved if it were possible to eliminate junk mail.
In that case, they'd actually lose a lot of money. Junk mail doesn't get delivered for free. I'd like them to make it a lot more expensive to send junk mail. We'd all still get approximately the same amount of junk mail, and the postal service would get a huge boost in revenue.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
This reaction is not typical of Obama. He usually throws money at all things too big to fail and blames it on Bush. Maybe Obama is having an off day.
Except Obama has nothing to say in regards to the post office. Its a seperate government entity, overseen by Congress..

Old 03-03-2010, 12:52 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
If it helps any then let them cut Sat service. People will adjust to Mon-Fri service.
That's how it used to be in the past. I'm waiting to see other stuff cut over the weekends to where Sunday has nothing opened again except gas stations and the occasional drug store.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:55 PM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm waiting to see other stuff cut over the weekends to where Sunday has nothing opened again except gas stations and the occasional drug store.
I couldn't agree more. All those churches are a nuisance.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:14 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,422,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
In that case, they'd actually lose a lot of money. Junk mail doesn't get delivered for free. I'd like them to make it a lot more expensive to send junk mail. We'd all still get approximately the same amount of junk mail, and the postal service would get a huge boost in revenue.
Good idea. Let the junk mail companies get stiffed with higher rates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I couldn't agree more. All those churches are a nuisance.

ROFLMAO!!!!

Old 03-04-2010, 10:03 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
I'm actually surprised that the day it will be closed is a Saturday. You know, I can see it being closed two days a week but Saturday is the only day some working people can get to the post office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies