U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2010, 05:03 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,508,553 times

Advertisements

Tired of the Coffee Party and the Tea Party? We’re the newest game in town!

I woke up this morning and realized I didn’t want tea or coffee. I wanted hot cocoa!

So I turned on my computer and in a few minutes founded a new political movement — The Cocoa Party!

Yes, it was that simple.

Then I got one of my friends at the newspaper where I used to work to violate all professional journalistic ethics by writing a puff-piece about me without revealing that I used to work there. Thanks!

Now, in between fielding 100 emails an hour from new members wanting to start chapters from Wasilla to Waco, Twittering 17 witty tweets per minute, fielding calls from TV producers and journalists, and weeping with joy and sincerity about our wonderful country, I barely have time to consider that I’ve just revolutionized politics — all before lunch!

But enough about me. This is about The Cocoa Party!

MISSION: The Cocoa Party Movement gives voice to Americans who want to see chocolate in government.

We are 100% weedroots. No astroturf Obama-campaigning former New York Times employees in the Cocoa Movement, no sirree! No grassroots racist fascist redneck Neanderthal Teabaggers either! And no hyper-partisan strategists calling the shots in this movement. We are a spontaneous and collective expression of our desire to forge a culture of ludicrous propaganda that is entirely blame-oriented.

So abandon your deeply held beliefs and principles and join our 100% authentic political uprising today!

Funny satire, it could have been The Onion but it wasn't: Zombie Join the Cocoa Party!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 05:07 PM

7,728 posts, read 11,037,585 times
I like those little marshmallows in mine and, yes I'd like to see more chocolate in government.
Quote:
We are 100% weedroots
sounds like a plan!!

Old 03-02-2010, 07:10 PM

114 posts, read 97,983 times

Old 03-02-2010, 07:16 PM

8,640 posts, read 7,977,341 times
Hmmmm. I am a coffee addict (but not that kind), I enjoy tea. Chocolate makes you fat.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:20 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,312,354 times
I might be interested if you could get Sarah Palin to dance around in her underwear.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:06 PM

34,686 posts, read 33,686,426 times
If the hot chocolate party won't support my platform on more whipped cream/less marshmallows, I can't make a campaign contribution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies