Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 04:24 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

I believe it is being done on purpose.
What a joke, of course you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 04:31 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
The Jersey Devil is real! You're a fool if you camp out in the Pine Barrens.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:26 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwoods View Post
Wait, I thought it was the homeowner's fault, since they bought a house they couldn't afford, right? You guys have been saying that for a long time. But now, of course, it's Obama's fault. At least stick with your position for a little while.
Her position is what Fox News, Hannity and Beck tell her it is.

Listen, everyone knows this reccession has it's roots deeply buried in several decades of political/corporate corruption, irresponsibility (by the financial corporations and American citizens) and several President's legacies.

Only a fool soley blames Obama for this mess. A foolish dope. And only a bigger fool believes it.

Obama has made a few mistakes, no doubt. But there's no doubt he inherited a large majority of this mess. Bush Jr, Clinton, Bush Sr. and even Ronald The Holy Saint Of Republican Land Reagan (and further back than that); all have a hand in this mess.

It's comical to listen to these partisan hacks mouthing off about Obama being soley to blame. Then, you realize you feel sorry for them. They are very sad individuals.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:29 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
The Jersey Devil is real! You're a fool if you camp out in the Pine Barrens.
I shot the Jersey Devil dead, in the Pine Barrens, in 1994. I hunted it down and blasted the nasty, smelly bastard. It had to be done. It was symbolic, of course.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:59 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
If you please..... I can't stand obama, but this is none of his doing. It will be his undoing probably.

Clinton set this up and GWB didn't fix it or try.

In 2004 Oct of the year I was looking at a tiny camp built in the 30's that needed a bull dozer more than anything, on a postage stamp of land. It's asking price on the street was $33,000.00.

I got real sick and didn't know my own name, and when I woke up it was January. The asking price for that same place with out so much as a new nail was $165,000.00!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some fool paid $135,000.00 for it and will likely loose his shirt, just like the rest of the people that are walking away.

Anyone with me still?

So far as I can see your money is worthless, ruined and owned by China because Bill Clinton cut a deal. China is seeing, and finding the dammed green back is as worthless as I say.

You can bank on it just might be YOU NEXT, and you won't be too happy about living in any tent. I did for 3 full years but I wasn't cut from the same coookie cutter as most folks. A long time ago I got hurt real bad ,and live another way, most of you wouldn 't like much.

White collar guys are begining to go down, this is just the tip of the big iceburg, and I wish I was WRONG. Gasoline will hit and maybe pass 7 bucks a gallon. That doesn't mean it really cost any 7 bucks a gallon, what it mean is your money is more worthless.

DO YOU recall when gasoline was $3.38 in 06? Do you know at the same time what a pre 1964 silver quarter was worth? Well it was worth $3.38, which means gas hasn't gone up at all since I was a kid in 1957!

That year was the last year paper bills were backed up in silver, and ever since they have become worth less and less and are now nearly worthless.

laughing and joking about other peoples misfortune isn't what s needed, Youy can be next, unless you have something better than being just special because you think you matter to some company.

I rebuild machines for some international companies, as a mechanic and the work has been slow... real slow, and I too an hanging on to a thread.

You need to figure out how and if you will pay the bank for what you have, where you live and how you will do it with either no money or of how again if money just fails.

I can't know how that idea will be since I live on what I earn at around $5,500.00 a year for 2.

In a heart beat I can go back and live in the 18th century and I wonder if anyone here can.

Expect to see crime, expect to see hurting people, and expect to see tents for those who will do exacty as the govt tells them to do.

This is going to be a ride, you can't fathom. I just wish I was WRONG.

I am no more than a long hair country hick, a biker, and I don't partucularly care what you call me. Other than that I live in the 18th century. I was born in 1951, and have seen plenty enough to know writting on the wall when I see it.

So if it makes anyone feel better flame away, consider that an inivite. They say do it if it feels good.

Life as we have known it is going to take a turn that is not going to be pleasant for a great deal of folks. Use this time wisely. Mac.

ps it could be me camped in your back yard... The best way to tell is to see if there is a old geezer with long hair and starting a fire with a bow drill.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:31 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,230 times
George W. Bush is the 43rd President of the United States. He was sworn into office on January 20, 2001.

In December 2001, China was formally accepted as a member of the WTO.

Bush isn't entirely to blame for the corporate greed that exploited cheap Chinese labor to fatten profits, but the bulk of China's explosive growth came during his tenure.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:33 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,230 times
Bush's two term increase in the national debt.

Now that the George W. Bush era has finally ended, we can do a tally of the national debt he has left to us, our children, and our grandchildren:

When Bush was sworn in on January 20, 2001, the national debt was $5,727,776,738,304.64.

When "W" left office on January 20, 2009, the national debt was $10,626,877,048,913.08.

The growth in the national debt during his eight years in office: $4,899,100,310,608.44.

The average yearly growth in the national debt during Bush's presidency: $612,387,538,826.05.

During much of Bush's tenure, he had a Republican majority in both the House and the Senate.

He claimed that tax cuts would pay for themselves - they did not.

He claimed that tax cuts would result in growth - we are in the worst economic since the Great Depression.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:47 PM

nmytree, the Jersey devil is alive and well. Those poor unsuspecting campers don't know what they're getting into. They'd be safer spending a night in Camden
True story: my ex's looney aunt used to live in the Pine Barrens region of Ocean County and she literally told us the JD would come by and ask for cigarettes and to borrow some salt and pepper.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:03 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,102 times
the woman interwieved said she had been living there
the last COUPLE of years!!
do the math.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
the woman interwieved said she had been living there
the last COUPLE of years!!
do the math.
Yep. People have been camping in the Pine Barrens full time as long as I've been a New Jersite (August 2007).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies