Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 01:25 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Gee- Do you think it might have been a "plant" by the left? They need to be a little more clever than that.
I'm not that paranoid, so no. Again, I would bet that it was an act by someone who just thought it would be funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 01:31 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Actually, I don't see a noose as being anything specific to racism and jumping to the conclusion that it has anything to do with hanging black people is wierd. I think noose and then think>> ropes, knots, hangman (the game), wild west (lots of hangings then too ya know), etc. I'm not black and that's my thought process. If I had discovered it somewhere I might even think someone was considering suicide.

We GO LOOKING for things to get upset about and ASSUME everything is a jab at a group or a race. Sometimes things are and they are best left ignored, sometimes they aren't but things get spun out of control and then others jump into the fray. I think that's all this is.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:48 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Probably the same student who left the noose - she was African-American.

LiveLeak.com - Minority Student Admits to Noose Incident at UCSD Campus

Quote:
A minority student admitted to hanging a noose in the campus library at UC San Diego. The incident sparked several protests at the campus. The student said that the act was not meant to recall the lynching of blacks.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:51 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm not that paranoid, so no. Again, I would bet that it was an act by someone who just thought it would be funny.
That might be. However, I very much doubt that it was placed by the KKK or some "right wing" hate group. It was either placed as a prank, as you note, or was placed by lefties trying to stir up trouble.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:59 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Probably the same student who left the noose - she was African-American.

LiveLeak.com - Minority Student Admits to Noose Incident at UCSD Campus
It only says she was a minority student, not that she was AA. Either way, she should be expelled from college for her obvious stupidity.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
It only says she was a minority student, not that she was AA. Either way, she should be expelled from college for her obvious stupidity.
I'm not sure being stupid is expulsion worthy

Old 03-03-2010, 02:20 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That might be. However, I very much doubt that it was placed by the KKK or some "right wing" hate group. It was either placed as a prank, as you note, or was placed by lefties trying to stir up trouble.
Whenever I hear of nooses on the loose I immediately declare "Fake Hate Crime" and I am NEVER wrong.

I remember the story given by our first black President, his name was Bill Clinton, about how he remembers black churches set on fire all over Arkansas by evil white racists (and probably republicans) when he was growing up as a boy.

Just one problem. An exhaustive search failed to bring up a single black church being burned in Arkansas at any time Bill Clinton was growing up in Arkansas.

Time and time again it always turns out to be yet another hoax but it gets people all lit up... this garbage is really tiresome.

Shouldn't we assume that The Noose is a fake, until it is proven otherwise?

Quote:
A noose is found hanging from the office door of a black female professor at Columbia University Teachers College. The usual ritualized shock is expressed, a demonstration is held, the NYC Police Department Hate Crimes unit launches an investigation. And all this happens without any reference to the endless series of previous claims of anti-black hate crimes of this nature which turned out to be faked by the alleged victim, or simply false, the most recent being the Duke University "rape" charge. I am not saying that Madonna Constantine, the professor of race relations and multiculturalism who said she found the noose on her door, is not telling the truth. It's possible she is telling the truth. But given the history of fake charges I've just referred to, there is an immediate reasonable suspicion that this too is a fake. Also, the alleged incident occurred at an institution which has been a fountainhead of liberalism in American education. How likely is it that a teacher or student at that school of all schools is a closet white racist who would have placed a noose on a black teacher's door?
Quote:
Black student suspended in hate message incident
The Los Angeles Times
January 27th 2000
By Solomon Moore, Times Staff Writer An African American teenager who claimed that he was assaulted by three skinheads earlier this month admitted to authorities in Lancaster on Wednesday that he lied to avoid punishment for being in a fight with two black classmates....
Quote:
Race hate victim 'made up attack'
By Maurice Weaver
Electronic Telegraph
Thursday 18 May 2000
A BLACK man who claimed he was set on fire by racist thugs has been arrested for allegedly making up the attack...
Quote:
Denny's Catches Phony Discrimination Claim on Video
NewsMax.com
Monday August 27, 2000
Gotcha on videotape! Faced with fighting costly phony race discrimination lawsuits, restaurant chain Denny's caught a minority couple red-handed when they tried to claim they were discriminated against...
Quote:
Thief who lied about race attack detained
By Daily Telegraph Correspondent
'Tuesday 10 October 2000
A TEENAGER who claimed he was attacked by a racist gang, doused in petrol and set alight,...
Quote:
Texas: Woman recants story of attack by KKK
Dallas Morning News, Sept 5, 2001
http://www.dallasnews.com/texas_southwest/462654_tswrailbriefs_.html (broken link)
A 32-year-old black woman who said she was abducted, robbed and sexually assaulted by two white men last week has recanted.....
Quote:
Hate crime hoax at Ole Miss
Michelle Malkin
townhall.com, December 18, 2002
A terrible racial incident took place at Trent Lott's alma mater last month. But you won't hear about it from Dan Rather or Time magazine or The Washington Post or the NAACP. That's because what happened at the University of Mississippi in the early morning hours of Nov. 6 has all the markings of a fake hate crime: An apparent racial hoax committed by black students against black students......
Quote:
Linda Man, Woman Pleads Guilty to Harassing Other Black School Bus Drivers
Kansas City Star, December 12, 2001.
American Renaissance, March 2002
Last October, someone put leaflets full of racial slurs and threats of violence on school buses and in the mailboxes of black school bus drivers
Quote:
NU freshman reported knife attack, graffiti
By Lisa Black Chicago Tribune
November 19, 2003
A Northwestern University student who had said he was the victim of racist graffiti and a knife attack has been charged with felony disorderly conduct after he admitted to police that both reports were fake, officials said Tuesday....
Quote:
'TRANNY' CASTRATES SELF, FAKES BIAS CRIME
By LARRY CELONA and CYNTHIA R. FAGEN
NY Post, Dec 16,2003
A 22-year-old transvestite was in critical condition yesterday after he hacked off his penis, then lied and told cops he was the victim of a hate crime.
snip
I have little doubt for bringing this to light I will be branded an evil white racist and a republican.

OK, when is the last time a noose on the loose has been proven to be the work of the KKK or other white race group? That's right, been half a century. As far as the KKK goes there are more FBI informants in the KKK than then there are kooky whack jobs.

I wish black people would just give it a rest already.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Whenever I hear of nooses on the loose I immediately declare "Fake Hate Crime" and I am NEVER wrong.

Agreed. I think the same way as you.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:32 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Agreed. I think the same way as you.
I especially enjoyed the Denny's hoax.

Quote:
Denny's Catches Phony Discrimination Claim on Video
NewsMax.com
Monday August 27, 2000
Gotcha on videotape! Faced with fighting costly phony race discrimination lawsuits, restaurant chain Denny's caught a minority couple red-handed when they tried to claim they were discriminated against.
According to the Aug. 24 issue of The National Law Journal the couple, who were first represented by Miami attorney Ellis S. Rubin, sought unspecified damages for alleged discrimination in a public accommodation. Noting previous similar suits against Denny's, they claimed that the previous cases indicated a "willful disregard of the rights of African-Americans." Stage was able to come up with a videotape from a camera installed over the restaurant's cash register. According to Stage, it showed that the couple were not in the restaurant for the hour they claimed, but for a mere 10 minutes before leaving. Moreover, it showed that several black and Hispanic patrons were seated during the short period that the plaintiffs were there, although Flagler and Jones had alleged that no black patrons were served while they were seated in Denny's, Stage recalled.
Stage waited until the plaintiffs were deposed and had restated the charges leveled in the original complaint before he sprung the trap, handing a copy of the incriminating tape to the couple's lawyer. "After further investigation, we decided to withdraw from the case since we didn't want to violate Florida Bar rules or Rule 11," Rubin told the Law Journal, referring to the federal rule penalizing lawyers for bringing frivolous litigation.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:40 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

I remember the story given by our first black President, his name was Bill Clinton, about how he remembers black churches set on fire all over Arkansas by evil white racists (and probably republicans) when he was growing up as a boy.

Just one problem. An exhaustive search failed to bring up a single black church being burned in Arkansas at any time Bill Clinton was growing up in Arkansas.

Time and time again it always turns out to be yet another hoax but it gets people all lit up... this garbage is really tiresome.

Shouldn't we assume that The Noose is a fake, until it is proven otherwise?
There are plenty who falsely report fires, medical emergencies and crimes. Doesn't mean the responders should automatically assume that any given one is fake until otherwise proven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies