U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-03-2010, 06:40 PM

5,891 posts, read 4,205,148 times
Unfortunately, like most all the other boys I just fantasized about it. Nothing wrong with that, right?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 06:45 PM

5,148 posts, read 1,467,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Unfortunately, like most all the other boys I just fantasized about it. Nothing wrong with that, right?
The bolded word was a very key word, that I didn't read the first time. I was like whoa rugged, whoa.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:50 PM

5,891 posts, read 4,205,148 times
I still remember some of their names and although some are retired now they sure made us boys dream. It is funny to look back now at it. Miss XYZ, are you sure you don't need any help taking your stuff out to your car after school?LOL................

Old 03-03-2010, 07:11 PM

42,851 posts, read 51,212,921 times
I would judge such situations on a case-to-case basis regardless of the gender. A female teacher with a male student is obviously the more socially acceptable scenario and I'm yet to hear of any of the students complaining about it...

Old 03-03-2010, 07:20 PM

268 posts, read 427,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I would judge such situations on a case-to-case basis regardless of the gender. A female teacher with a male student is obviously the more socially acceptable scenario and I'm yet to hear of any of the students complaining about it...
Honestly, as a teen boy I would have loved it. And would be a hero to the other boys if it had happened. Just the way it would be.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:27 PM

8,737 posts, read 20,561,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, this reminds me of what the judge asked the real "Soup Nazi" guy when he sued Seinfeld - "Just what exactly are your damages?"

I'm with CPG here - in my early 20's while I was in great physical shape, having just finished my degree, etc. but looking back, I can see there were quite a few gals trying to push my "go" button, but I was too oblivious to realize it.

20-something guys, take heed of us old experienced guys. Don't make a gal who is hitting on you bring her best girlfriend over and both enter some sort of "Nuclear Launch Code" before you respond...

Old 03-03-2010, 07:36 PM

1,763 posts, read 1,179,845 times
Both are equally wrong in my opinion. But society tries to make it worse when a man does it, especially the much lighter sentencing the women teachers get, compared to the men. Also women sex offenders have it much easier integrating back into society. Try telling that to the modern feminist!!

Old 03-03-2010, 07:45 PM

18,899 posts, read 11,088,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
Both are equally wrong in my opinion. But society tries to make it worse when a man does it, especially the much lighter sentencing the women teachers get, compared to the men. Also women sex offenders have it much easier integrating back into society. Try telling that to the modern feminist!!
Then what accounts for the info in the link I posted earlier?

Again...

Are teachers who sleep with boys getting off? - By William Saletan - Slate Magazine

Old 03-03-2010, 07:47 PM

42,851 posts, read 51,212,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp killer View Post
Honestly, as a teen boy I would have loved it. And would be a hero to the other boys if it had happened. Just the way it would be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Yeah, this reminds me of what the judge asked the real "Soup Nazi" guy when he sued Seinfeld - "Just what exactly are your damages?"

I'm with CPG here - in my early 20's while I was in great physical shape, having just finished my degree, etc. but looking back, I can see there were quite a few gals trying to push my "go" button, but I was too oblivious to realize it.

20-something guys, take heed of us old experienced guys. Don't make a gal who is hitting on you bring her best girlfriend over and both enter some sort of "Nuclear Launch Code" before you respond...
I think some people become hypocrites on the issue when they become parents, sometimes totally trying to forget what they did at this age or at least try to pretend they were saints, but I can't imagine any man turning down such a proposal when he was a teen. Heck, he'd be wishing for it. It's different with girls - they become emotionally involved, there's risk for pregnancy, etc., but I don't believe any guy has been "damaged" in any way by having sex with a teacher. He'll treasure the memory and die to share it later in life! Now, there are some outrageous cases when the kid falls in love, goes ahead to live with her, have kids, etc. and I can certainly understand this being troublesome to a parent.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:59 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,867,342 times
Despite all the nay sayers, I do think if the Runaways came out with "hot for teacher", instead of Van Halen you'd never have heard the screams of outrage stop.

If you look at the Van Halen video little boys are watching a late 20ish, possibly 30ish teacher strip. Now reverse it, and you're talking instantly BANNED IN ALL 50 STATES!

There is a vast difference in the perceived crime!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies