U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-03-2010, 07:40 PM
 
5,890 posts, read 4,695,105 times
Reputation: 2753

Advertisements

Unfortunately, like most all the other boys I just fantasized about it. Nothing wrong with that, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-03-2010, 07:45 PM
 
5,148 posts, read 1,849,814 times
Reputation: 2865
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Unfortunately, like most all the other boys I just fantasized about it. Nothing wrong with that, right?
The bolded word was a very key word, that I didn't read the first time. I was like whoa rugged, whoa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2010, 07:50 PM
 
5,890 posts, read 4,695,105 times
Reputation: 2753
I still remember some of their names and although some are retired now they sure made us boys dream. It is funny to look back now at it. Miss XYZ, are you sure you don't need any help taking your stuff out to your car after school?LOL................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2010, 08:11 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,843 posts, read 54,899,282 times
Reputation: 22812
I would judge such situations on a case-to-case basis regardless of the gender. A female teacher with a male student is obviously the more socially acceptable scenario and I'm yet to hear of any of the students complaining about it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2010, 08:20 PM
 
268 posts, read 462,851 times
Reputation: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I would judge such situations on a case-to-case basis regardless of the gender. A female teacher with a male student is obviously the more socially acceptable scenario and I'm yet to hear of any of the students complaining about it...
Honestly, as a teen boy I would have loved it. And would be a hero to the other boys if it had happened. Just the way it would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2010, 08:27 PM
 
Location: Eastern Washington
8,830 posts, read 23,307,749 times
Reputation: 4818
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I would judge such situations on a case-to-case basis regardless of the gender. A female teacher with a male student is obviously the more socially acceptable scenario and I'm yet to hear of any of the students complaining about it...
Yeah, this reminds me of what the judge asked the real "Soup Nazi" guy when he sued Seinfeld - "Just what exactly are your damages?"

I'm with CPG here - in my early 20's while I was in great physical shape, having just finished my degree, etc. but looking back, I can see there were quite a few gals trying to push my "go" button, but I was too oblivious to realize it.

20-something guys, take heed of us old experienced guys. Don't make a gal who is hitting on you bring her best girlfriend over and both enter some sort of "Nuclear Launch Code" before you respond...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2010, 08:36 PM
 
Location: USA
1,770 posts, read 1,309,071 times
Reputation: 1102
Both are equally wrong in my opinion. But society tries to make it worse when a man does it, especially the much lighter sentencing the women teachers get, compared to the men. Also women sex offenders have it much easier integrating back into society. Try telling that to the modern feminist!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2010, 08:45 PM
 
19,081 posts, read 12,589,270 times
Reputation: 13237
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
Both are equally wrong in my opinion. But society tries to make it worse when a man does it, especially the much lighter sentencing the women teachers get, compared to the men. Also women sex offenders have it much easier integrating back into society. Try telling that to the modern feminist!!
Then what accounts for the info in the link I posted earlier?

Again...

Are teachers who sleep with boys getting off? - By William Saletan - Slate Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2010, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,843 posts, read 54,899,282 times
Reputation: 22812
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp killer View Post
Honestly, as a teen boy I would have loved it. And would be a hero to the other boys if it had happened. Just the way it would be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Yeah, this reminds me of what the judge asked the real "Soup Nazi" guy when he sued Seinfeld - "Just what exactly are your damages?"

I'm with CPG here - in my early 20's while I was in great physical shape, having just finished my degree, etc. but looking back, I can see there were quite a few gals trying to push my "go" button, but I was too oblivious to realize it.

20-something guys, take heed of us old experienced guys. Don't make a gal who is hitting on you bring her best girlfriend over and both enter some sort of "Nuclear Launch Code" before you respond...
I think some people become hypocrites on the issue when they become parents, sometimes totally trying to forget what they did at this age or at least try to pretend they were saints, but I can't imagine any man turning down such a proposal when he was a teen. Heck, he'd be wishing for it. It's different with girls - they become emotionally involved, there's risk for pregnancy, etc., but I don't believe any guy has been "damaged" in any way by having sex with a teacher. He'll treasure the memory and die to share it later in life! Now, there are some outrageous cases when the kid falls in love, goes ahead to live with her, have kids, etc. and I can certainly understand this being troublesome to a parent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2010, 08:59 PM
 
Location: syracuse ny
2,412 posts, read 3,071,593 times
Reputation: 1964
Despite all the nay sayers, I do think if the Runaways came out with "hot for teacher", instead of Van Halen you'd never have heard the screams of outrage stop.

If you look at the Van Halen video little boys are watching a late 20ish, possibly 30ish teacher strip. Now reverse it, and you're talking instantly BANNED IN ALL 50 STATES!

There is a vast difference in the perceived crime!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:29 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top