Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 07:35 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
If stromfront wants an out all out race war then they are foolish. In an all out race war whites will lose. Whites can never win since in an all out race war whites will be fighting whites since many whites will side with the other races. Why is it accepted when you hear black, hispanic, asian and others have pride in their race but when whites have pride in their race they are called racist.
I really don't think that it is that simple. When a minority states that they are proud of their race, it come from the fact that the majority (whites) have marginalized their cultural achievements throughout history. When whites (not all) march showing their pride for their race it is usually accompanied by skinheads, klansmen and other racist groups.

My question to you is why can groups like the Italians (Columbus day), Irish (St Patrick day), even Cinco de Mayo (Latinos) all have parades and marches celebrating their ethnicities and be inclusive of others without intimination?

In other words they do it to themselves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 07:48 PM

876 posts, read 2,141,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I really don't think that it is that simple. When a minority states that they are proud of their race, it come from the fact that the majority (whites) have marginalized their cultural achievements throughout history. When whites (not all) march showing their pride for their race it is usually accompanied by skinheads, klansmen and other racist groups.

My question to you is why can groups like the Italians (Columbus day), Irish (St Patrick day), even Cinco de Mayo (Latinos) all have parades and marches celebrating their ethnicities and be inclusive of others without intimination?

So you believe in the sins of the father being put on the son? Because that is what you imply when you say it is ok for black, hispanic and asians can be proud of their race since in the past whites marginalized them. When whites march showing their pride it is usually skinheads, klansmen because others are scared that they would be called a racist. I dont understand your question. Are you saying that if you arent irish they wont let you march in st patrick day parades, or italian, or latinos? I never knew that. Always thought anyone could march in those parades but why would they want to.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:12 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Me and mine will most likely be dead and buried by then. In short what I think about it really doesn't matter. Now the question begs.
If the majority becomes a hispanic majority based on those from SOB will the USA turn into another Mexico? That would suck.
Would the USA become like many of the hispanic communities that are so successful? Now that would be ok.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:17 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
What will happen? The xenophobic, hyper religious, nativist movement known as the GOP will effectively be dead.
Lol. ..Easy there. Don't want them dead. I just wish some of them would just make more sense and stop complaining how the world or this country has gone down, when they're the ones who contributed to its decay with their greed, selfishness and entitlement issues. If they think people of today are the ones killing this country, they should think again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I doubt anything will change if these people become a minority. Hispanics aren't a race but an ethnicity. Whites will still be a majority.
Yes, but most Hispanics are not white, or even 100%.

Some are, and some identify they are, but aren't.

Case in point. My sister has light brown hair, blue eyes, pale/white skin. (My dad is half white/half black Caribbean male aka a mulatto, my mom is 100% white (Belgian born, raised in South Africa)= My sister being 3/4 white, 1/4 Black, right?), Yet my sister (myself and other siblings) can easily put white on any applications without raising an ounce of suspicion, because in many people's minds there is no way she can have 1/4 black in her blood. (I speak of her, as an example because out of all the kids, my sister is the one that seems to have taken it all from mom, lol. And looking at her, you'd never know).

Same goes for many latinos. Some hide behind their mixed heritage, so I will never be 100% in belief that Most Latinos are 100% white, especially considering they come from countries that are very diverse in race, but many hide their black (& other) ethnicities.

Watch Univision, and you'll see what I mean. (Try having a Dominican tell you about their heritage, when you see a black person, features and all in front of you telling you they're not black..... Sammy Sosa, the idiot, bleaching his skin and perming his hair? That Dumb ASs)

The truth is not in the Data we put on paper, but in the DNA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZICIT View Post
I don't know exactly what 'Political Correctness' is, but it's naive to think that the human race has been able to, is able to, or ever wll be able to 'homogonize' (SP?) into one, slightly off-white, all-loving society.
No one ever said that. Twin brothers from the same womb can't get along at times, so no one is going to believe, we'll all going to get along automatically. But if we can minimize stupidity our ancestors perpetuated, that's a step in the right direction.

(Imagine a majority in the future looking towards racial cleansing. Stupidity then, stupidity now. It was never right, never will be.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZICIT
The Irish have been fighting for a thousand years and they all look white to me! I can't tell one Semite from another in the Middle East but THEY sure can!
Same goes for the Basques in Spain, the Kurds etc (add your own list!).
How can any American not understand that EVERYONE wants to be FREE.
And 'free' means self-ruling - if 'the man' doesn't look like me, share my beliefs, go where I go and do as I do, then he is a competitor if not an enemy.
Each group is building its own 'entity' - for example, in sports we have the 'gay games' and the 'Maccabean games'. There is a 'Congressional Black caucus', a 'Miss Black America' and, I'm sure, many other groups who are seperating themselves from society as a whole.
Then we have religious schools, for Mormons, Jews, Moslems, Catholics etc ad nauseum .
We are in agreement. It's beyond race, it's just humans acting like savages. Why should race be the main factor for domination? Well, these days, it's more about money than race. Your best friend of the same race/religion can sell you out for money/status or opportunity, so race cannot be the only factor. Greed/Avarice, selfishness, hatred etc are reasons more than anything else.

If all one sees is race for every problem, they are the problem.

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what 'balkanization' means either, but I think it has to do with the fragmentation of societies - and that's where we are, and that's where we're going. So forget about "One World, One People".
We're going to divide up into gangs and we're going to fight.
No we're not, unless people go back to think the way they did. Or if you have dumb, young people who decide to let history repeat itself (separatists, skinheads etc).

Quote:
We'll always fight but we might be able to limit the carnage . . . .
That's a start, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Well to be fair, the reason these minorities, as you state, are proud of their race is because there was a need to. Think about it.

How many times during the 40s/50s did latinos have shows depicting them as doctors, superheroes, or decent families etc? How many Blacks, Native Americans, Asians etc were portrayed then as human beings on national TV? Little if any.

How about the Italians, since you mentioned them? Aside from Mafia movies, what else were they portrayed as? We have to be real with ourselves. Everything that's happening today is because the yesteryears were not fair at all, to many other groups.

Now that the pie is being divided, certain groups are up in arms . The world will never be what it was. People have to live with that.

The problem with the world today is a double edged sword.

On one side, there are old fashion values that are being eroded, and society as a whole is suffering.

On another, good ridding to the old way of thinking about race, and entitlements certain people had, and prevented others from having.

We can't have it all, but I think if future generations want to succeed, they have to let go of certain issues, and embrace the best of what made the past better in certain aspects. But I'm not betting on it entirely. Some kids have dumb parents spewing nonsense to them. Nonsense is being passed down, sometimes successfully. Again, if you don't want to accept the changes going on, you're bound to stay back and whining with the rest of City-Data'ers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime
I'm a tad bit confused there. Who does what to themselves? Those who have parades and include everyone, or those who exclude themselves?

Old 04-07-2010, 05:43 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
What do you think will happen when European Americans become a minority in the United States? What kind of social changes do you think will take place?

is this a code word for white? why anybody even thinks about this stuff is beyond me and seems a bit like paranoia.

maybe it is, sort of like the code word "african american" for blacks. I dont know many people in the USA that currently were born in Africa or their parents were born in Africa to be able to call themselves African.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:56 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
So you believe in the sins of the father being put on the son? Because that is what you imply when you say it is ok for black, hispanic and asians can be proud of their race since in the past whites marginalized them. When whites march showing their pride it is usually skinheads, klansmen because others are scared that they would be called a racist. I dont understand your question. Are you saying that if you arent irish they wont let you march in st patrick day parades, or italian, or latinos? I never knew that. Always thought anyone could march in those parades but why would they want to.
No, I said what I said...Whenever that there is a white pride march it is never all inclusive and they are normally accompanied by racist skinheads and other kooks! When other groups have pride parades they include everyone. I have seen many St Patricks day parades with blacks and latinos marching right along with the Irish. So tell me how often do you see this with white pride marches? See you answered your own question....they (whites) do it to themselves by not policing their parades from the racist.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:17 PM

43 posts, read 81,516 times
Default Central Asia

Central Asia you find whites, asians oriental and asians Indian/Paki looking but most people are some combination of the 3 groups....some very beautiful women I might add. Some of the white heritage goes back to Alexander the Great (not considered too great there)....I think the core racial groups will continue to be , at least somewhat divisive here but people of mixed heritage will find their commonalities undenialble and will end up taking political power.

My sons are mixed heritage, my wife being Spanish/Mayan and me Irish/Acadian...they get along with everyone...they do not look white or Central American...one looks Arabic (in fact dressed as an Arab with a full beard he entered many mosques in North Africa without being challenged)....the other looks like whoever he wants to...when he had cornrows in the summer people thought he was black, in winter with a flannel shirt on he looks like Idaho Ike and when clubbing with his seniorita he looks like a cross betweeen Banderas and Benecio del Toro. Both of them seem to be color-blind and find that they like certain people and do not care for others and race/nationality and religion have nothing to do with it. The only area I ever noticed preferences was one always seemed to prefer Latin and black women and the other white and Asian women....never could understand that...probably just a coincidence.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:39 PM

320 posts, read 290,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoon View Post
Central Asia you find whites, asians oriental and asians Indian/Paki looking but most people are some combination of the 3 groups....some very beautiful women I might add. Some of the white heritage goes back to Alexander the Great (not considered too great there)....I think the core racial groups will continue to be , at least somewhat divisive here but people of mixed heritage will find their commonalities undenialble and will end up taking political power.
Have you ever been to Mexico?

Around 80% of the country is mixed or indigenous. Yet the white 20% have all the power and wealth. The people in power here will find a way to keep that power.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:00 PM

184 posts, read 472,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
What do you think will happen when European Americans become a minority in the United States? What kind of social changes do you think will take place?

• I think that the racial identity of European Americans (regardless of ethnicity) will increase.
  • Interracial relationships will increase sharply. I know interracial relationships are increasing already, but I'm just saying that they will increase sharply after the United States ceases to have a racial majority.
  • People will be tolerant of each other when it comes to race; this doesn't apply to just whites, but also blacks, Latinos, Asians, and American Indians, as well.
  • Hopefully political correctness isn't as rampant everywhere, too.
What do you think will happen when European Americans become a minority in the United States? To those of you who don't know, European Americans are expected to become a minority in the United States some time in the middle of the century.

Note: This thread is not meant for race-baiting. Please keep it civilized.
europeans are the majority in USA ?? most americans are european by DESCENT.. ONLY.. culturally, ALL americans have their own culture, that is the american culture.. doesn't matter what race or colour they are and how dominant they.. culturally USA will always be USA..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies