Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2010, 07:39 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Thank you. I believe Wal Mart contributes to charity as well, but I don't have time to look it up at the moment.
Perhaps they could use some of that to repay the taxpayers for the Medical Care their employees get from WELFARE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 03:50 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,707,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Perhaps they could use some of that to repay the taxpayers for the Medical Care their employees get from WELFARE.
Why not give their workers a raise with some of that money?

Old 03-06-2010, 11:19 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
Why not give their workers a raise with some of that money?
I don't know about the lower-48 States, but at the local Walmart employees earn more than a lot of other places. For example, one can start at $12.00 or more per hour at Walmart (Fairbanks), and less than $9.00 at Safeway. Not only that, but Safeway employees have to pay $41.00 per month on union fees once hired, regardless if the job is part-time or not.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:14 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
First off, anyone with a name like "Childfree" is likely to have negative comments about kids anywhere. To the rest of you, wow, just wow!
First you don't know, if I have kids or not. It may be an old name.

Walmart is NOT daycare. Some parents take the leash off their children after entering Walmart. I'm not compare Walmart vs Target. I'll say, it's more then norm in Walmart.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:29 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post

Walmart is NOT daycare. Some parents take the leash off their children after entering Walmart. I'm not compare Walmart vs Target. I'll say, it's more then norm in Walmart.
You also said you never go to Walmart so you don't know what the norm is.

Yes, there are some misbehaving children in WM...but look around...there are misbehaving children EVERYWHERE. It's rare that I go into ANY store and there isn't at least one kid having a fit or on a tear somewhere in the store.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:57 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,286,626 times
Quote:

So families with bratty kids only shop at Walmart.

And,...by the way,...there is a "norm" regarding shopping in public?

Old 03-07-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
You also said you never go to Walmart so you don't know what the norm is.

Yes, there are some misbehaving children in WM...but look around...there are misbehaving children EVERYWHERE. It's rare that I go into ANY store and there isn't at least one kid having a fit or on a tear somewhere in the store.
Went did I say, I didn't go into WM??

I shop in different store. I never seen SO many children running around "unattended".

Old 03-07-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
So families with bratty kids only shop at Walmart.

And,...by the way,...there is a "norm" regarding shopping in public?
I don't know, but it seems there are more "unattended" children.

The norm is control your brats.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:25 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
Whole Foods doesn't have anywhere near the BS with unruly kids as places like Big Box stores. I rarely see 350 pound people in Health food stores with kids running all over the place. Management will tell the parents to make their children behave. Do the Wal mart managers ever speak to the parents ? Do other shoppers speak up ? I have been applauded for speaking out..."please control your children" in regular grocery stores. I've reprimanded kids, and adults for sticking their grubby mitts into the bulk food bins at Smiths. If they tell me I'm crazy, I say "You wanna find out how crazy?" and they leave me alone...I'm harmless, but they don't need to know that. They call their brood back in.

Other shoppers do not need these renegades. We have a right to shop in peace without Tad hitting Susie in the arm, and rubbing their candy/greasy caked fingers all over the clothing racks as they play hide, and seek. I have seen parents shop, and they are OBLIVIOUS to the damage their children do. Next time you see such things, tell the manager. If there is a suggestion box, fill out a suggestion.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:39 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Quote:
Went did I say, I didn't go into WM??

I shop in different store. I never seen SO many children running around "unattended".
Sorry, I was confusing your posts with Peggy Anne's....who did say that she never goes to WM but is somehow an expert on the people who shop there.
Both of you seem to be hostile towards children, it's easy to confuse your posts.

And if you think the bratty kids are all in WM then you just aren't paying attention...they are in malls and restaurants and FF eateries and Target just as much as in WM. I think it's more noticeable at WM because it's a bigger store with more people in it at any one time. The odds of running into a bratty kid are higher because there are more kids there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies