Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 06:22 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I just this from someone. Apparently, some census forms have a lot more questions than some are comfortable answering.

YouTube - The Census Is Getting Personal
What I heard is that there is no "long form" this year, only the 10 questions previously discussed will be asked of everyone by the Census Bureau. They won't be asking the questions this guy is talking about.

Apparently there is another organization called The American Community Census that now gathers more detailed information from people on an ongoing basis, not just once ever 10 years, so the Census Bureau isn't doing it anymore.

So the question is, is this guy lying, misleading or just uninformed ? And what about his fans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 06:33 PM

11,336 posts, read 16,689,377 times
Anyone who trusts the Gov't, period, is a fool.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Government

Old 03-04-2010, 06:38 PM

201 posts, read 235,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post

Government - Wikiquote

LOL. But you'll use the government's roads, bridges, subsidized energy and live under the massive defense and other services they provide.

Amazing.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:42 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneSentinel View Post
Ok, I can handle all the questions but giving out birthday info. - age should cover it The answer given for this question from your link:

Might you have more suggestions of why an exact birthday would be needed? It seems to be a bit much to me - as we are giving the names of those who are in the household already. Full name, age, and address is a good bit of info....why would the exact birthday be needed as well?...only a SSN is as important than those 3 bits of data as it is...with just what they are asking, could not a full background check be done on individuals?
Because ages change throughout the year, a birth date is necessary in the prediction of the number of SS eligible seniors at various times during a future year, as well as their eligibility for other government programs. An example would be me; as of April first I am not old enough to qualify for SS, but by mid-July, I will be. Or the number of children who will be attending schools, as school age eligibility varies by state and by the months of the year. A child born this year might start kindergarten in 2015 or 2016, depending on the month and day of the month that child was born and the criteria in his/her particular state.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:49 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleged return of serfdom View Post
LOL. But you'll use the government's roads, bridges, subsidized energy and live under the massive defense and other services they provide.

Amazing.
So what? The Nazis, Soviets, Cambodians, and Cubans provide or provided all of these things for the people too.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:58 PM

11,755 posts, read 14,643,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post

Government - Wikiquote
Or, to be more accurate, anyone who claims that the law only requires them to answer one question is a fool.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:12 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,120,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Or, to be more accurate, anyone who claims that the law only requires them to answer one question is a fool.
IN fact you're the fool for believing this. The law does not require you to fill out the entire census.

Is it illegal to not fill out the census? Yes, if you omit the # in household.
Is it illegal to not fill out the census completely? Yes if you ommitted the first question.
Will you go to jail and be fined if you don't fill out the census? Yes, if you omit the first question.

Look at the website; it never mentions which question must be filled out. This is why I resent the census. If they were straitforward and honest I wouldn't mind taking the 2 minutes to fill it out. AFter all the IRS has all this info anyway.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:21 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,952,627 times
Me, myself and I just might not be home when they stop by.
"Return to Sender" comes to mind as well.

But, I firmly believe that it should be ICE agents doing the census count.
Nah.
IRS agents, perhaps?
Collection agents?

A lot of empty houses with For Sale signs or already foreclosed on.....cannot go unchecked.
Hope they don't forget to get a good, accurate head count on the tent city population, dumpy motels and homeless shelters too.

Exactly how many need govt. health coverage....now?

Old 03-04-2010, 08:21 PM

11,336 posts, read 16,689,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleged return of serfdom View Post

Amazing.
Apples and Oranges.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:36 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I like reading history just fine. but if you look at our constitution, it just mentions enumeration concerning the census, not all that other crap.
Maybe it is YOU who should look again at the Constitution. I'll even help you out with a link: US Constitution
And here is the relative portion:
Quote:
The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct.
Pay particular attention to the part I've bolded and underlined. That means the Congress sets the form and requirements for the census and they not only can but do change the questions on it regularly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies