Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 08:36 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times

Advertisements

A circumcised penis definitely looks nicer. I'll be honest, I have met many guys who say that they wish their parents had circumcised them as infants (mostly Hispanics, which have low rates of circumcision). I have never even once heard of a man being upset about the procedure being done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 08:38 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Sadly routine circumcision has just become a habit. There really is no good reason to perform a routine circumcision. The hygiene argument is moot, millions of people learn how to keep an uncircumcised foreskin clean. If parents choose to circumcise infants for religious reasons, I have no problem with it, but to do it just because is not a good reason. Thank goodness the incidence of routine circ is finally on the decrease as education overtakes misconceptions.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:43 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
why do libs try to ban everything they don't approve of?
You mean Conservatives approve of this?

Quote:
The case was made public after the New York Health Department filed a complaint in the Manhattan Supreme Court against the Rabbi Yitzhok Fischer. The rabbi had performed "metzitzah b’peh" on twin baby boys last October. A few days later one died of herpes and the other tested positive for the virus. The health department later found a third baby with the Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 that the rabbi had "sucked his penis".

This incredible but true report is now casting doubts on the "medical" practice of circumcision which is unnecessary, Jewish inspired, and amounts to nothing less than "male genital mutilation." There are now a vast number of medical studies that prove that males grow up healthier and perform better sexually when their penises are left intact. The "circumcising" of Gentile baby boys is essentially "Judaizing" them for life.
Jewish Rabbi Gives Three Infants "Herpes" (http://www.aztlan.net/metzitzah_b_peh.htm - broken link)

Old 03-04-2010, 08:44 PM

971 posts, read 1,294,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
A circumcised penis definitely looks nicer. I'll be honest, I have met many guys who say that they wish their parents had circumcised them as infants (mostly Hispanics, which have low rates of circumcision). I have never even once heard of a man being upset about the procedure being done.
Start asking more men. You'd find a lot of them wish their parents hadn't circumcised them and that they wish they'd had the choice.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Sadly routine circumcision has just become a habit. There really is no good reason to perform a routine circumcision. The hygiene argument is moot, millions of people learn how to keep an uncircumcised foreskin clean. If parents choose to circumcise infants for religious reasons, I have no problem with it, but to do it just because is not a good reason. Thank goodness the incidence of routine circ is finally on the decrease as education overtakes misconceptions.
Thankfully fewer and fewer insurance companies are covering circumcision. There's also a trend of more states dropping medicaid coverage of circumcision.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
The Circumcision Ritual
Circumcision consists of three actions: milah — cutting the foreskin with a knife, peri'ah — ripping the membrane with a fingernail, and mezizah — applying the mouth to the baby's bleeding penis and sucking blood from the wound.

Mezizah Infects Babies with Syphilis — Reported 1906
In 1906, The Jewish Encyclopedia acknowledged that mezizah was "entirely in conflict with the antiseptic treatment of wounds," and that a "a large number of Jewish children" had been infected with syphilis from contact with one mohel's mouth:

Mezizah Infects Babies with Tuberculosis — Reported 1913
In 1913 in New York, a three-month-old infant was admitted to the Babies and Children's Hospital. The child lived 16 days before expiring of massive tuberculin infection that had spread through his body. History of the disease and post mortem examination revealed that the infection had been contracted from the mohel during circumcision. The writer, Dr. L. Emmett Holt, was Professor of Diseases of Children at Columbia University in New York.
When eight days old the operation of ritual circumcision had been performed, the blood being sucked up in the usual manner. The wound did not heal properly …

Google Image Result for http://www.israelect.com/Come-and-Hear/editor/syph_01.jpg

Old 03-04-2010, 08:53 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post
Either should be my right as a parent.
I have no idea what that means.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:56 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,377 times
Quote:
Start asking more men. You'd find a lot of them wish their parents hadn't circumcised them and that they wish they'd had the choice.
Wait, what? I've slept w/a few men in my time & I also have a few male friends & NEVER have any of them complained about being circumcized or however you spell it. I'm sorry, I just don't get where the argument comes in. This thread seems like an argument just for the sake of arguing.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:58 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Anyone else here think we should re-legalize female circumcision here in the US? Why the double standard?
I actually totally agree with you that this is a double standard. There are 4 types of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), and people only ever think of the radical Type 4. A number of years ago I was working in Seattle which has a large Somali population, there were many girls coming in following FGM with complications. The pediatric urologists proposed offering a symbolic procedure to local Somali's which consisted of a small incision in the clitoral hood. Minimal pain, no side-effects, no loss of sensation. People went ballistic saying how could doctors do something so barbaric to these girls. The procedure would have been far less traumatic than a male circumcision. The plan was shot down, and girls continued to have various types of FGM's performed. I hate any unnecessary procedures performed on infants, but perhaps this would have saved some women pain and suffering in the long-term if not for the huge double standard.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
I have no idea what that means.
What was so hard to understand?. You we comparing and contrasting male and female circumcision. I was saying that despite the differences, it's my right as a parent to circumcise my child - male or female.

Clearly I was being sarcastic. I don't think a parent should have the right to make medically-unnecessary, permanent physical alterations to a child. It should be my decision if I want my foreskin or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies