Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hangun open carry - In favour or against..?
IN FAVOUR 57 56.44%
IN FAVOUR,CONDITIONALLY 23 22.77%
AGAINST 21 20.79%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 03:55 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Any kind of "carry" with untrained, unconditioned civilians is a recipe for disaster. As I've said elsewhere, I'm just waiting to read a story about some bar room brawl with a twist from an old western movie.

"You yellow belly Toyota driving pole cat talking trash about my Hummer? Thems fight'n words, you best be ready to draw!"

Civilians look at their Colt .45s like an extension of their sex organs. Experienced and conditioned LE officers, soldiers and marines look at their weapons as tools.
You watch too many movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 04:08 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Civilians look at their Colt .45s like an extension of their sex organs. Experienced and conditioned LE officers, soldiers and marines look at their weapons as tools.
Interesting comment. I'm not a LEO, soldier or marine (or airman or sailor, for that matter), and I consider my guns to be tools. I also don't think of any sex organs when using, cleaning or carrying any of my guns.

Do you think that maybe you're projecting just a bit?

Old 03-05-2010, 04:26 PM
zox

344 posts, read 478,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Your cause and effect is false. NYC also has very strict gun laws and is one of the safest large cities in the world.
You have to prove that strict gun laws are what makes NYC safe. Based on my knowledge of NYC, they have a large police force that actively patrols unsafe areas. These changes were initiated by the former Mayor which led to a drop in crime. Those who claim that strict gun laws make cities safe have yet to explain this discrepancy in Chicago

Old 03-05-2010, 06:19 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,486,556 times
I am so glad that the anti-gun readers are only 13%...
Still their opinions are valuable & we should try to persuade them to distinguish between dislikeness & prohibition...
They have every right to dislike guns because...they think so & nobody & no argument may make them change their mind.
But they have no right to demand prohibition of open carry by qualified persons...

As no one has the right to demand prohibition of the death penalty,same sex marriage,stem cell reserch,abortion,marijuana,gambling,prostitution,s teroids & so on...

We need to work for the anti-prohibitionist America...

Old 03-05-2010, 06:24 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,285,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zox View Post
You have to prove that strict gun laws are what makes NYC safe. Based on my knowledge of NYC, they have a large police force that actively patrols unsafe areas. These changes were initiated by the former Mayor which led to a drop in crime. Those who claim that strict gun laws make cities safe have yet to explain this discrepancy in Chicago

You know what kept me safe one night delievering in the windy city? My illegal according to nutjob lefty politicians (but Constitutionally ok ) hand gun and short barrels shotgun vs. the gang trying to steal the load with their illegal handguns. I fired one round from the shotgun and they ran jumped in thier vehicles and took off. An unarmed citizen is a funeral about to take place. An armed citizen is crime PREVENTION !!!!

Old 03-05-2010, 06:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
gangbangers already have open carry. im just trying to get it for the rest of us.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:28 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Basically against, not because I don't think people should have that right; but rather, because it scares the sheeple. Frankly, stupid sheeple are not worth the hassle. Keep it concealed, keep the bad guys guessing, keep the sheeple calm and let them graze on their denial.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:04 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
I don't care all that much - go ahead and have it. It might be fun for people who like their toys, but I don't think it will help this country in any material way. Crime sure isn't going to go down because of it.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:38 AM

922 posts, read 1,908,230 times
Quote:
I'm confident too.

Confident some bad guy is going to kick your butt, take your gun and your knife.
you sound like an old marine sarge. for the record, my training was with smarter people, I have many hours shooting with people that train LE and have some other training you dont need to know about. but feel free to try me. please dont try to continue with the MYTH that an armed civilian is easy to take away there gun.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:40 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,090 times
Doesn't matter people will still choose to carry or not to carry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies