U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:46 PM

1,532 posts, read 921,429 times

Advertisements

people are real polite when they know you are carrying...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 07:08 AM

2,574 posts, read 782,879 times
Good news...keep them coming...

Old 03-05-2010, 07:20 AM

5,430 posts, read 12,025,021 times
It just occurred to me that if the anti-gun forces would just shut up and stop harping over the non-issue (real non-govt created jobs is the #1 issue of course) of taking away everyone's guns - that certain people that should not own guns and will never need a gun or all that ammo they are hoarding... would never have wanted one or bought one in the first place. But people get caught up in the hysterics. The more they crack down, the more people are going to buy.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:33 AM

35,915 posts, read 13,075,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
USA Buys 14 Million+ Guns In 2009 - More Than 21 of the Worlds Standing Armies

Washington, DC --(AmmoLand.com)- Data released by the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) for the year reported 14,033,824 NICS Checks for the year of 2009, a 10 percent increase in gun purchases from the 12,709,023 reported in 2008.
So far that is roughly 14,000,000+ guns bought last year!
The total is probably more as many NICS background checks cover the purchase of more than one gun at a time by individuals.

People voting with their pocket books..... just saying
A 10% increase?? Well, I guess that's better than nothing. The pawn shops have amazing deals already as people are getting rid of their guns after realizing they'd been had with the propaganda.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:58 AM

16,861 posts, read 16,748,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A 10% increase?? Well, I guess that's better than nothing. The pawn shops have amazing deals already as people are getting rid of their guns after realizing they'd been had with the propaganda.
Well actually the probable reason the pawn shops have more guns is because people who are laid off are selling them.

I look at a couple of guns/hunting sites where a lot of shotguns are for sale and the common reason is loss of job.

I just picked up a 2 or 3 year old BPS for about 30% of new retail for that very reason.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:18 AM

1,532 posts, read 921,429 times
More Women Protecting Themselves with Guns - 3/01/10 - Fresno News - abc30.com

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Local gun shop owners are seeing an increase in the number of women customers. Personal protection is the main reason they're shopping. According to the national shooting sports foundation, almost half the people taking their first handgun class this past year were women.
These women aren't waiting for coffee or a lunch menu; they're getting ready for a little target practice at "The Range Pistol Club" in Northwest Fresno.

Women and single mothers are buying more guns, must be getting nervous with the economy

Old 03-05-2010, 12:43 PM

19,910 posts, read 8,909,701 times
Quote:
More Women Protecting Themselves with Guns - 3/01/10 - Fresno News - abc30.com

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Local gun shop owners are seeing an increase in the number of women customers. Personal protection is the main reason they're shopping. According to the national shooting sports foundation, almost half the people taking their first handgun class this past year were women.
These women aren't waiting for coffee or a lunch menu; they're getting ready for a little target practice at "The Range Pistol Club" in Northwest Fresno.

Women and single mothers are buying more guns, must be getting nervous with the economy
Reminded me of a snipped from a Simpsons episode:

Homer: What should I do with all this dirty, ill-gotten money? I'd better throw it in the garbage.
Lisa: Well, there's lots of needy kids out there.
Homer: I see what you're saying. I need to buy a gun!

So wrong, but if you translate kids to teen thugs, you have something there.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:02 PM

2,785 posts, read 3,793,530 times
Quote:
people are real polite when they know you are carrying...........
Or when you COULD be carrying. Personally I don't want to hassle with a concealed weapon everytime I go out. Once our state goes to shall issue and a couple of dirt bags are publicly wasted I will probably never even bother with a permit.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:13 PM

35,915 posts, read 13,075,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Well actually the probable reason the pawn shops have more guns is because people who are laid off are selling them.

I look at a couple of guns/hunting sites where a lot of shotguns are for sale and the common reason is loss of job.

I just picked up a 2 or 3 year old BPS for about 30% of new retail for that very reason.
I have never seen a pawn shop who list the reason why a gun is there for sale.

and I have never seen guns going so cheap.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-05-2010 at 02:17 PM..

Old 03-05-2010, 02:16 PM

44,929 posts, read 13,587,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

Finn says that he owns a number of guns for many purposes so don't tell him where he can buy some more at bargain rates. He might want to increase the size of his arsenal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies