Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 04:26 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
???

How meny people in America are in your shoes? It is real easy for you to say I don't want to pay for his unemployment when you know you will never need to colect it yourself. I'd say that maybe 10% are as secure in their jobs as you are claming to be in yours.
Look up his previous posts, he works for the Government. He has no idea how jobs in the private sector work, and has no idea how things like unemployment work either. Since he has a cushy job that it's hard to get fired from (that we as taxpayers pay the salary for), he thinks everyone else is in the same boat. Very naive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 04:56 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Look up his previous posts, he works for the Government. He has no idea how jobs in the private sector work, and has no idea how things like unemployment work either. Since he has a cushy job that it's hard to get fired from (that we as taxpayers pay the salary for), he thinks everyone else is in the same boat. Very naive.
That is why i said I hope he gets fired. I really do.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:23 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,899,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
That is why i said I hope he gets fired. I really do.
I worked in the private sector as well for many years.

And you can hope and wish all you want. No matter what my job is, it is INSANE to keep people on unemployment forever.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:43 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post

And you can hope and wish all you want. No matter what my job is, it is INSANE to keep people on unemployment forever.
Well, then fixing the economy? They need jobs to do don't they? Got any ideas? I do.

Why not take the same mount of money and pay then to do something useful???

Old 03-05-2010, 05:50 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:

Worked in the private sector? IMO if you are any sort of GOVT employee now, you are on welfare, and if so you should quit and get off.

If I am wrong what is it you do? I am self employed in the private sector and it's friggin rough. I will have to PAY the NH DMV more than 200 bucks to registyer my motorcycle and I am ticked off hard about that, since the DMV is candywipe so far as I am concerned. None of them deserve to be on welfare perioud. Man I hope you are not on the GOVT Dole and getting tax payer monies.

I have no problem paying out to assist others, I just hope they can find a job to earn a living. Since work is so slow I have been out pounding the street, and find 0 jobs, unless I wanted entery level work at age 58, which would be a looser for me. I wanted to add a job to what I have as a machistish mechanic where we build larger company robotics and sceince equiments.

The big boys are buying less and less, and that means they got no dough to move ahead, so just what is it you do, because you really set me off with your selfishness.

Might not matter soom enough, as if gas goes to 7 bucks your money will be just worth less.... Are you aware gasloine is worth no more than it was in 1967? Then it was around 25 to 27 cents a gallon? That today a real pre 1964 quarter is worth around $3.38, and when gas goes to 7 bucks it means silver did too, and that same 25 cent piece will be worth a gallon of gas still?

It ain't the gas goin up it's the dollar going down, and if you are ok with that, then more power to ya, and you better think about the poor ****** who ain't got nuthin, because he might take it from you any way.

You sound like Marie Antoinette, who said "let them eat cake" and you are aware I hope of what happened to her. The day is nearing when a wheel barrow of green back dollars won't buy you a loaf of bread.

Maybe your cool with that too, I suppose you can always eat the dollars literally.

Just incase you think I will suffer any of the fall of the dollar I will not, but I can start fire with a bow drill, and I can live just fine in the 18th century, with no store bought anything. I lived off the land 3 winters (winter count) and can do it again any day on a whim legal or not..

So flame away. Mac (mac is me not you lord knows it ain't you)

Old 03-05-2010, 05:57 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
Quote:

Do you bother researching these things before discussing them?

People can't stay on unemployment forever. The max is usually 26 weeks. I believe with the recession it's been temporarily extended to allow you to claim up to 52 weeks.

You do not get tons of cash either. In NY the maximum you can get is $405/week. Try living the high life on that in NY.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:08 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,049 times
You mean that anyone can get thru to even collect unemployment that has been paid in for years? That isn't the case in Missouri! You are just out in the cold, so forget collecting. Nevermind it's been paid in by you and your employers for years. It could be one of the worst managed agencies in aall of government. I even paid in when I had my own businesses, but that doesn't count they say. Then in that case I want my money back. They say that isn't possible. Why not I ask? I paid it in, now the last place i worked moved to mexico with our tax money bailout, now why can't I get the unemployment checks? Theres no jobs paying enough to keep a roof over your head, so what is one to do? It's not that people won't work, but it's got to pay for their transportation cost, roof over thier heads, with the chance of being able to eat and keep the lights on and maybe even be able to pay other bills.
When employers will pay enough to make it worth working for them, they can get great help. Be a cheapskate paying employer, and you get what you deserve, lousy employees that don't care.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:10 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Sure, there are a lot of good people who need the unemployment $$$ they get and there are plenty of others who are scumbags who will sit at home and watch Jerry Springer until they die collecting our tax dollars. Where is the motivation to find a new job? I am freaking sick of it. SIX MONTHS MAX!!! Then if you are lying in the street hungry and broke...too bad. Motivation is the key. As long as our moronic government keeps shelling out money, the motivation factor is at zero.
But what I really want to know is......When will we get rid of that black hole of incompetency, waste and bad management called the United States Postal Service?

Old 03-05-2010, 06:10 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
FYI folks; Unemployment benefits are not paid through tax dollars.
Casper

Old 03-05-2010, 06:13 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Do you bother researching these things before discussing them?

People can't stay on unemployment forever. The max is usually 26 weeks. I believe with the recession it's been temporarily extended to allow you to claim up to 52 weeks.

You do not get tons of cash either. In NY the maximum you can get is $405/week. Try living the high life on that in NY.

I agree, some may recieve 52 weeks, but then when that ends there will be 0. Many are well into that 52 weeks as well.

I am no sheepy libral by any means, but if the purpose of this thead was based on tax, it won't matter, as no tax really ever gets lowered with out another re-evaluation, so it stays the same or increases, and the increase is usually more likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies