Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 03:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Judging by his falling viewer numbers nobody is listening...
Let me tell you that he was talking about getting as many people as possible to learn what their kids are hearing in school these days.

Nope, I think you try very hard but since you don't listen to the man you remain in your state of liberal ignorance about what he says. I hardly think he is worried about how many listeners he has. He knows that soon Oprah will be gone and they are the two most watched personalities at that time of day. I wonder how many people will just give him a chance once she is gone. Ain't that scary to people like you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworking View Post
Could you be lost in your own projections?
I don't have any idea what you mean here but if you can describe to me what you mean I will be willing to admit to it if you will also do that.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:13 PM

536 posts, read 413,999 times
I love watching glenn beck's show.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Hardy har har har, old Finn. I didn't make it to that period of crap we have been suffering through the past 25 years. I tried and tried to find textbooks that weren't examples of the progressive control of the NEA and textbook companies in the early 80s and there just weren't any that were written after the late 80s. Some of them would have been ok but they had too much just plain Pelosi as truth that I just couldn't throw at kids, no matter what.

As Beck says, "Parents do you know what is being taught to your children?" Do you know what is being taught to your kids? I am sure that you like it much better than I would.
The Glenn Becks of the day 25 yrs ago preached the same "commie under every bed" horror stories as today.

Last year this time Beck was trying to convince us that Obama was building a network of concentration camps in US. What happend?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-07-2010 at 06:07 PM..

Old 03-07-2010, 05:48 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,012 times
I didn't hear that speech 25 years ago---but I sure hear it today!! There is no doubt our country is in serious trouble in many areas.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:10 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
I didn't hear that speech 25 years ago---but I sure hear it today!! There is no doubt our country is in serious trouble in many areas.
It is true that such propaganda is more "in your face" than ever before, and people seem somewhat more gullible, but it was alive and well 25 years ago too. Even in the 60s they talked about the commies infiltrating the collages.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:03 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The word, rights, doesn't appear in the discussion about personal rights in anything other than the mention of the individual to know about things to maintain their rights as citizens.

Beck talked about the fact that so many today say that education is a right and it just isn't laid out in your quotation as a right. Read it all again and get back to me.
Beck is dealing with it on the Federal level, but its a state issue. The California constitution clearly states that the state is obligated to provide an education. The people in California expect the state to fulfill that obligation. I would bet most states have similar provisions. So there is a states right to an Education. So Beck can rant all he wants about the fact that Federal Constitution doesn't provide for a right to an education. He is looking in the wrong place.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:17 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,874 times
So in conservative areas, who runs the schools? Liberals? Are they surreptioulsy sneaking in? Or do they just swagger right into to town, with a copy of Das Kapital in one hand and a Starbucks coffee in the other, like a new Marshal?

Help me out here.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:47 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,012 times
I'm thinking those commies from the 60's are the problem. I'm was a rebel in the 70's and I'm back. I will research like I have been and preach it til our country is on safe ground again. Glenn Beck is an asset to the people--he brings out information and you research and find the truth. The truth is our country is in serious trouble and it's up to the people to get it straightened out since our fed. gov. is a waste of money and time. Thats the truth!!

Old 03-07-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Glenn Becks of the day 25 yrs ago preached the same "commie under every bed" horror stories as today.

Last year this time Beck was trying to convince us that Obama was building a network of concentration camps in US. What happend?
As a non-watcher of Glenn Beck how can you say anything he talked about a year ago? Who do you get all those great words from anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies