Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2010, 03:47 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,206,066 times

Advertisements

With a looming pension crisis, govt is going to have to resort to the old 'printing press' to make good on their promises. while i don't believe we're facing an inflation problem right now, when we do get there i think it will be bad as the money pensioners draw, will leave them worse off than they are today.

if you are a pensioner what would you have done differently if the pension you draw on, was not govt backed?

another issue is medicare. i don't think anyone can dispute that it's bankrupt. while this might take some time to play out, eventually there will be budgetary limitations and services will be cut. i see this as inevitable.

if medicare recipients knew this, what would they have done differently?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 04:21 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Bascailly Anyone who places all his eggs in one basket is a fool really. In fact the governamnt never gaurantees anyhting absolutely from birth to death. Theyare not our parents. Since retirement ten years ago i have never depended on medicare because i am too young.But IMO there are lots of toyher programs tha will be gone long before medicare or social security because people actaully paid inot them. The easy ones are those that are pure entitlemnts with no money apid. They simply drop them;no owed anyhting.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:53 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,206,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Bascailly Anyone who places all his eggs in one basket is a fool really. In fact the governamnt never gaurantees anyhting absolutely from birth to death. Theyare not our parents. Since retirement ten years ago i have never depended on medicare because i am too young.But IMO there are lots of toyher programs tha will be gone long before medicare or social security because people actaully paid inot them. The easy ones are those that are pure entitlemnts with no money apid. They simply drop them;no owed anyhting.

ok texdav so you don't rely totally on your pension + medicare, but what other sources of income or sources of life's necessities do you have then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies