Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 10:05 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Fox's Republican debate spanked MSNBC's attempt at a debate. The questions were much more relevant and precise. Talk about an agenda? Chris Matthews only objective was to embarrass as many of the Reps as he could.
Thats right John, In the long run it wont help dems to isolate themselves in freindly territory, and show that they can handle tough questions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 11:16 AM

431 posts, read 393,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
There are sufficient outlets to get out messages without using Fox. If anything noteworthy is said by any candidate about any subject, Fox will need to broadcast it too. I'm not concerned with moderates needing to be influenced by Fox, I don't see this as critical to the election. When candidates are selected, the process will include Fox only as part of a larger distribution network. Fox can air what it chooses, but hurts their own credibility further if obviously selective.

So let me see if I have this right: Fox will have to give air time to the democratic candidates or face a loss of credibility? But the democrats who are being obviously selective and refuse to appear on Fox because they are afraid of the tough questions won't lose credibility?? Hmmm. Sounds like a double standard.....

Old 06-03-2007, 12:39 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
I'll agree that the news organizations are all biased in one way or another but Fox News takes that to another level. The segments which are supposed to be strictly news without commentary are so filled with commentary that they're clearly trying to promote a certain point of view. All of the news networks can cover the weather, sports and most neutral events about the same but when we get into the political or religious realm Fox News is a promotion machine for the Republican Party. Of course the Democrats should boycott them.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:15 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
Pittle, when the Dems and Repubs have their candidate, Fox would lose credibility if only offering one side's POV on issues. Even they need to air both sides, even thought they can subsequently slant what was said on panel discussions.

As far as the primary goes, it is an internal Dem matter, and Fox really isn't that relevant to their discussion.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:31 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,601 times
Cowards should never go where they are afraid to tread.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:35 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Cowards should never go where they are afraid to tread.
They are cowards. . Should dems boycott FOX News? Go ahead. Are they trying to "punish" FOX. Do they really think a boycott will accomplish anything?

As a conservative I watch, read, and listen to many different news sources. And although I am well aware of which source leans in which direction, I want to know what the liberals are saying. I don't want to be ignorant of their views. . It is just smart. So go ahead, boycott FOX.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:40 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,601 times
Considering Fox News has the majority of the viewers it shows they are only interested in the far left which by the way threatened the Dems if they went on Fox. MoveOn.org shouts and Democrats jump!

Old 06-08-2007, 08:05 AM

793 posts, read 3,121,944 times
No question FOX has a right wing slant and I think alot of the segments on that show have gone south in terms of quality. But the whining from those on the left really cracks me up, as with talk radio. BTW, anyone whining over the fact that one can not indluge in any underground city arts and music publication without having some leftist political rhetoric shoved down my eyeballs?
Do you hear this complaining when the shoe is on the other foot? I hear so many try to claim that there is no bias by the likes of CBS, CNN, etc... . As one who more regularly watches FOX, I don't have a problem even to the degree some do with CNN. But to suggest they aren't slanted I think comes from purely a belief that the discussion begins and ends with HOW things are reported. The real problem is what NOT is reported. In 04 for example, god forbid that ANYONE from the likes of CNN or NBC or CBS would dare bring to light John Kerry's voting record and proposed legislation in the Senate between 1980 and 2004. It would have painted an entirely different picture of the one so many bought into. Personally, my biggest problems with Democrats isn't their positions, its that they have nothing to back up their plans-idealism at its finest- no specifics of how to fund beyond yet more taxation. Ever since Clinto pulled it off in 92, most Democratic presidential candidates have been running on a platform of a giant jelly donut with a gaping hole in the middle.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:53 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,745,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
What a joke this is, how are any of these yahoos gonna handle a hostile foreign country if they are afraid of big bad fox news,??
I couldn't agree more. It's kind of like a sticks and stones mentality. They are adults. They are going to debate. Show up like men and debate. End of story. Save the drama for your mama, boys!

Old 06-08-2007, 07:59 PM

423 posts, read 1,930,873 times
Fox news is the only unbiased news channel, all the other networks are liberally biased. This gives a false impression that Fox has a conservative bias, however, it is just a false appearance because it is being compared to liberal networks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies