Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:46 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,799,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
Bingo. We spend hundreds of billions of dollars and lose thousands of troops and we don't even get most of the fields anyway. What a ****ing waste. At least if we had gotten the rights to most of the fields then the whole exercise might have been kind of worth it.
That's what they were aiming at, but as usual, Bush f**ked up and we get to pay for it - oh well, he has his billions and 20,000 acres in Uraguay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 08:35 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,284,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

As usual, you don't know what you're talking about. You haven't a clue.

If the war was "all about oil", why aren't we getting any of it?

It was never about oil. Hello? 9/11? Have you forgotten that date? Terrorism?

You leftist just want to make it about oil (even though no case can be made for such an assertion — that doesn't seem to bother you). If you could make the case, someone might listen. But we all know it's only because of your hatred for Bush that you try to make the claim.

Please tell us, what was the "shameless war profiteering"? What profiteering? Oh, are you talking about Halliburton again? The EVIL Halliburton, right? Again, you have no clue. But let me help out: Halliburton does what few other companies do, and since they built most of the equipment used in those oil fields, they know it better than anyone. Is that what you call "profiteering"? What a ridiculous claim!

I don't think we are getting one drop of oil from Iraq. If we are, we are buying it at the same price the rest of the world pays.

Why don't you people give it a rest. I think we're all a little tired of hearing about Bush and how he screwed everything up (during most of his term, our economy was very good, with low unemployment, low inflation, and low interest rates.

Look at us now, after slightly over a year with Obama. Total disaster, and getting worse every day. He's doing nothing to improve the situation, and everything to make it much worse. And he is doing it on purpose. And the Democrats are going right along (because they are all cut from the same cloth). Notihng but corruption in this administration, and this Congress.

Our very freedom is on the chopping block, and none of these leftist radicals give a damn about the Constitution. In fact, it is their purpose to destroy it.

Wake up!! Smell the coffee!
Please get over your hatered of Obama and look at the facts.
The war was over oil ...not necessarily for the american people but for the companies that Bush and his cronies supported.
9/11...Listen closely HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IRAQ!
Haliburton had a nonbid contract with the military (why was that) and they not only "fixed" the oil machinary but they half-azz supplied the military with pretty much everything else at a ridiculous price! Oh, don't forget about the electrical showers that had.
As far as the destruction of the constitution...ever heard of the Patriot Act?
Gee it sure must5 be nice to be able to sit back in your hole and watch Faux news all day and not have a clue about anything

Old 03-12-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so you are going to base your OPINION of the Iraqi people on one journalist?????

sorry, but I delt with the people, I saw the relief that we got rid of saddam, I saw the pain that they suffered under saddam

First Sergeant (retired)
tours in:
Panama (just cause) 1989, operation desert storm/shield 1990-1991, bosnia 1997, croatia 1998,enduring freedom afganastan 2002, Iraq Freedom 2003, Iraq freedom 2004
Would'nt that depend on who you were....****e or sunni? historically getting rid of Saddam might have been a mistake. Sadaam kept the Iranians and Al Queda out of Iraq. His country was the buffer between Saudia Arabia and Iran. Since greedy azz Bush/cheney were after the oil in the first place they cared less about the reprecussions that followed his ouster. Since I cannot blame them completely lets just add the still spineless dumbocrats who went along with this assinine ploy for fear that they were not "patriotic enough"

Oh by the way I also served there, the difference is that I worked in the command section

Old 03-12-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
(Shakes head) Anyone who knows me knows I was no fan of the Bush administration...but, gee whiz guys!

First, he gets blamed for going to war for Iraq's oil. Then, when we don't get that oil, he gets blamed for that too? Ya can't have it both ways!

Who is this "we" that you speak of? It was NEVER about the american people and yes! they did get the oil prices to rise and made obsene profits from it

Old 03-12-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Read my statement. I never said Obama invented a situation. I stated that he has continued with Bush's policies. Do you deny that Obama failed to pull troops out as promised during his campaign and instead chose to spend more money to fund the wars?
Uh, actually he did what he said he would and that was to pull our military out of Iraq. Now afganistan is where we should have went in the first place and he is finishing what should have been taken care of 8 years ago

Old 03-12-2010, 09:01 PM

Bush family business.............hmmm how about oil?
So why does'nt occur to some of you that he had to profit from it in some manner? com'on some of you can't be that dumb not to see it.
Does it seem odd that Cheney was a major player with the Haliburton Corp and they just "happened" to get a multi-million dollar no bid contract with the military?

I'm sorry Stevie Wonder can see something wrong with this picture. All of this is not just happenchance this was well thought of and planned accordingly. Maybe not by Bush but by by others who had a brain.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:09 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,389,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Uh, actually he did what he said he would and that was to pull our military out of Iraq. Now afganistan is where we should have went in the first place and he is finishing what should have been taken care of 8 years ago
We are still in Iraq.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:59 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,404,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
..................Oh by the way I also served there, the difference is that I worked in the command section
well good day, Sir,

so what you are saying is as a member of the 'command section' you never saw the faces of the iraqi's, that you never left buiding 5 in arifjon, or doha (depending on which year)...or were you one of the 'command sections' that only got boots on ground once a month so they could verify their haz pay???

Quote:
Does it seem odd that Cheney was a major player with the Haliburton Corp and they just "happened" to get a multi-million dollar no bid contract with the military?
gee I thought you said you were 'command section'...then you would know that hailburton (and its sub KBR) have had the conracts since LBJ...and haliburtons 'no-bid' was in 1997, for the falkin islands

all you have proved, Sir, is you would be a perfect candidate for a salute in the field....."sniper check, Sir"

have a nice day

Old 03-13-2010, 06:05 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,914,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
We will never know the true agenda, or whom it serves.

But there is one thing of which we can be sure. At no point in any of the secret meetings was "What is good for The American People?" a question that was asked. The well-being of Americans is NEVER a consideration.
The well-being of Americans is NEVER a consideration. I agree wholeheartedly and nothing has change or ever will as long as we have blind sheep for voters.

blowoutcongress.com

Old 03-13-2010, 06:06 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,914,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
well good day, Sir,

so what you are saying is as a member of the 'command section' you never saw the faces of the iraqi's, that you never left buiding 5 in arifjon, or doha (depending on which year)...or were you one of the 'command sections' that only got boots on ground once a month so they could verify their haz pay???

gee I thought you said you were 'command section'...then you would know that hailburton (and its sub KBR) have had the conracts since LBJ...and haliburtons 'no-bid' was in 1997, for the falkin islands

all you have proved, Sir, is you would be a perfect candidate for a salute in the field....."sniper check, Sir"

have a nice day
Now that was good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies