Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2010, 04:06 AM

418 posts, read 487,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You believe that man started from a lava pool where there was no life. That somehow man came from non living life. And before that that the lava pool had to come from a giant explosion when there was nothing to explode.
So of the two a god that created the universe or somehow out of nothing an explosion happened that somehow created a lava pool where there was no life. Somehow something happened that create life.
Of the two wild stories I will take god as the creator, you are more free to believe the lava pool was the Father of life
The problem is my belief helps make me a better person and if i am correct when we die you well be condemned to hell, if you are right we will never know
Please explain human chromosome #2

YouTube - Ken Miller Human Chromosome 2 Genome

Last edited by crazyfacedjenkins; 03-09-2010 at 04:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 04:53 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfacedjenkins View Post
Please explain human chromosome #2

YouTube - Ken Miller Human Chromosome 2 Genome
Chromosme 2 does not explain what the common ancestry is so nothing is proved. If they found the common ancestors that we developed from then where did those ancestors come from.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:35 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,106 times
Quote:
Chromosme 2 does not explain what the common ancestry is so nothing is proved. If they found the common ancestors that we developed from then where did those ancestors come from.
Oh please, chromosome no 2 is conclusive prove of common decent. You know full well you are wrong.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:17 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Evolution is not a "scientific theory". It is not based on any science. It is a wild assed guess, by a man who later rejected the notion.

Nevertheless, men set out to "prove" it. How ridiculous! Foolish men believe it.

But it serves those who wish to rid themselves of guilt for their sin.

Those are all God's laws of physics. No evidence? Yeah there is. We maybe don't understand exactly why those things are true; but, we know they were ordained by God. HE designed the universe and everything in it.
"HE created all things, and through HIM all things hold together".

When I studied electronics, we learned about the structure of the atom, and how like charges repel and oposite charges atract. But the nucleus of the atom is all positive charges (protons). Why don't they repel each other? What holds them together? They used to tell us, "nuclear glue"!

I believe in God. Why wouldn't I believe in those things which HE created?

Consider the four seasons: We know why it happens. But it didn't happen just by chance. Consider all that is involved. Consider the perfect distance that the earth is from the sun. Consider the sun itself. The tremendous energy. The moon in perfect orbit around the earth.

Yeah, pal. All this stuff just happened by chance. Right?

Yet you will call those of us who believe "ignorant"? I think we are more intelligent than you unbelievers.
And this is an example of a man whose mind is not "limited".

Irony?

Old 03-09-2010, 07:54 AM

769 posts, read 887,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Evolution is not a "scientific theory". It is not based on any science. It is a wild assed guess, by a man who later rejected the notion.

Nevertheless, men set out to "prove" it. How ridiculous! Foolish men believe it.

But it serves those who wish to rid themselves of guilt for their sin.

Those are all God's laws of physics. No evidence? Yeah there is. We maybe don't understand exactly why those things are true; but, we know they were ordained by God. HE designed the universe and everything in it.
"HE created all things, and through HIM all things hold together".

When I studied electronics, we learned about the structure of the atom, and how like charges repel and oposite charges atract. But the nucleus of the atom is all positive charges (protons). Why don't they repel each other? What holds them together? They used to tell us, "nuclear glue"!

I believe in God. Why wouldn't I believe in those things which HE created?

Consider the four seasons: We know why it happens. But it didn't happen just by chance. Consider all that is involved. Consider the perfect distance that the earth is from the sun. Consider the sun itself. The tremendous energy. The moon in perfect orbit around the earth.

Yeah, pal. All this stuff just happened by chance. Right?

Yet you will call those of us who believe "ignorant"? I think we are more intelligent than you unbelievers.

Wrong.

A force of nature holds protons together. It can be measured and predicted. Your dismissal of the Strong Nuclear Force is also to say gravity does not exist.....who is starting to look like the wacko?

Yes we have an amazing set up here where the moon slowed the earths rotation down enough for the seasons to allow life, and the same goes for the placement of the earth from the sun. But to suggest **poof** it all just appeared is ignorant. We can see the dynamic nature of our universe, and no matter what you think, these conditions will and have changed. This is not to deny God or his hand in any of it. In fact, some can agrue rather effectively that it only sheds light to his existance evermoreso. But to say that the earth is 6000 years old, and that we walked with the dinosaurs is good sir, just incorrect.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:59 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,155,990 times
Quote:
the atheist wants their word spread just as the christain does.
Both sides have factions that will let the other side alone. Those factions are small.
This is not atheists versus Christians. Many, perhaps most evolutionary biologist are Christian, they just accept the Bible version of creation as an allegory.

Atheism has little or nothing to do with science.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:51 AM

418 posts, read 487,705 times
Quote:
So I guess you can't explain why chromosome 2 is a fusion of two previous chromosomes.

Well for one it bridges the gap genetically. Second, we can already map the genome of our common ancestor with cousin species such as the orangutan.

YouTube - Will Genetics Allow Us to Revive Extinct Species?

Old 03-09-2010, 09:01 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
People gave a right to beleieve and teach what they want.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:16 AM

769 posts, read 887,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
People gave a right to beleieve and teach what they want.

Would you support a text book that taught that the Aryan race is superior? I doubt it. There is ZERO basis in science for this claim, it is a belief.

Replace "the Aryan race is superior" with "creationism", and you do support it? This is what I don't understand. Most of humanities religions were written in a time when scientific knowledge was absent. Now that we have it, details and timelines are obviously modified, but that's all they are, details. They do not detract from the message to be found in religion.

This opposition to science only gives credibility to those who blast the religious as closed minded.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:31 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Watch the video from post #143. That video will answer your above question. You will learn about other evidence that supports the theory of evolution as well!

Remember, you can't make an argument against something you know nothing about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies