Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2010, 11:51 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Oh please, chromosome no 2 is conclusive prove of common decent. You know full well you are wrong.
What two ancestors formed Chromsome 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
This is not atheists versus Christians. Many, perhaps most evolutionary biologist are Christian, they just accept the Bible version of creation as an allegory.

Atheism has little or nothing to do with science.
Atheism accepts a certain origin for man, Religion accepts a certain origin for man. They are not compatible. Do i think current life evolves yes, do i think past life has evolved yes. Do i think evolution points to the origin of man no. Only theories. Neither side has 100% proof of their belief in the origin of man

Old 03-09-2010, 12:00 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Chick tracts? What does that mean, pray tell?

Not choosing to believe in a lie (evolution) does not equate to believing in a "flat earth". Please explain that logic.

You believe what you want. You're probably a "warmer" too.

Evolution is for those who's minds are not large enough to deal with the idea of a creator, God.

Further, and more importantly, it absolves people of their lack of morality. They can do what they want. There is no God, so who cares? No one's looking. That is probalby the larger picture. Sin all you want. No one cares; no one's looking.

I think that is the basis for accepting the atheist belief system (and it is a belief).

Actually, those of us who believe, are more enlightened. "Light has come into the world. That light is Christ".

We understand things that non-beleivers such as yourself do not. That is because we have been given knowledge that you do not have. That knowledge comes from God. The Bible tells us that "we have the mind of Christ".

Yeah. Your laughing. I hope you're still laughing when you die, because you are lost, my friend. You'd better get right with God. You don't know when it's your time.
You're right. I am laughing. Your words are straight from Chick Tracts. Don't play dumb. Evolution is eeeeevil. Funny.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:04 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,155,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Atheism accepts a certain origin for man, Religion accepts a certain origin for man. They are not compatible. Do i think current life evolves yes, do i think past life has evolved yes. Do i think evolution points to the origin of man no. Only theories. Neither side has 100% proof of their belief in the origin of man
Most religions, even most Christian religions, have no disagreement with the science of evolution.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
Most religions, even most Christian religions, have no disagreement with the science of evolution.
Science of evolution i agree. Science has never been able to prove by any theory the origin of man

Old 03-09-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Athesit use science to explain the origin of man.

And your point is? We also use physics to explain the orbits of planets. So what? Furthermore, theists use science to explain natural phenomena, as well. I fail to see your point, if there's one to see.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
You believe that man started from a lava pool where there was no life. That somehow man came from non living life. And before that that the lava pool had to come from a giant explosion when there was nothing to explode.
So of the two a god that created the universe or somehow out of nothing an explosion happened that somehow created a lava pool where there was no life. Somehow something happened that create life.
Of the two wild stories I will take god as the creator, you are more free to believe the lava pool was the Father of life
The problem is my belief helps make me a better person and if i am correct when we die you well be condemned to hell, if you are right we will never know
Evolution does not preclude God. What nonsense. Somebody has obviously been filling your head with lies. I still say it's Jack Chick.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post

And your point is? We also use physics to explain the orbits of planets. So what? Furthermore, theists use science to explain natural phenomena, as well. I fail to see your point, if there's one to see.
Atheists and Christians both have their own belief in the origin of man. neither can prove the origin of man. So both hold onto their own believes and neither can be proved true.
that is the point

Old 03-09-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Evolution does not preclude God. What nonsense. Somebody has obviously been filling your head with lies. I still say it's Jack Chick.
I have never said evolution precluded god. I have said evolution and religion can not prove the origin of man.
So what lies are you talking about

Old 03-09-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
I have never said evolution precluded god. I have said evolution and religion can not prove the origin of man.
Evolution most certainly "proves" the origin of man, as well as all other species.

Why are you so hung up on "the origin of man?"
Quote:
So what lies are you talking about
Oh...I dunno...claiming I believe that man came from a lava pool. Something about an explosion. All nonsense. Get an education, then come back. And please, put down those notorious Chick Tracts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies