Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 05:33 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,991,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh here comes the sarcasm to defend the guilty. Child care services so parents or mom can go to work like so many other mothers do.
No put the little buggers in a sweatshop. Earn that xbox live subscription.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
We still child labor laws in this country.
Why is the question. A ten year old child could do the jobs most union folks do. I guess I answered my own question though oops.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:41 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,821,649 times
Quote:
They want whoever is politically correct, what will get the votes.
And you think the GOP has the constituents best interest at heart?

No, the simple fact is the growing Hispanic demographic, and young vote are becoming mostly DNC. Also, the disastrous Bush administration allowed the left wing to gain ground in conservative America. The right wing's archaic stances on social issues like gay rights, women rights, immigration, healthcare, war, and on and on and on oppose the voter majority. And although a bipartisan problem, the GOPs insistence on the drug war has caused them to lose votes among gen x and y.

Its not the DNC brainwashing the majority of the country, its simply that the majority of voters dont agree with GOP policies. And the worst part is the denial, the refusal to adapt. Theyd rather claim Obama bought votes with food stamps, or that he stole the election outright. Its embarassing.

If the GOP had even a semblance of a leader, or an answer to any of our nations problems, Obama would not have been reelected. As abysmal as his first term was, voters essentially chose what they believed was the lesser of two evils since the GOP is so fragmented and dysfunctional. Rick Santorum? Michelle Bachmann? Really?

Old 03-25-2013, 05:42 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,403,615 times
Quote:
I wouldn't have her babysitting kids but garbage woman, pick up garbage, there is a whole bunch of things that low IQ people can do. If we have to pay the likes of her at least we she can provide some sort of service. Otherwise to take money without giving back is called greed.

There are many low IQ people who "want" to provide for themselves somewhat. Just not people like her.
And you think there is no competition for garbage collectors' jobs?

No, there are not a "whole bunch of things low IQ people can do," which will provide them with enough income to pay for a place to live, utilities and food.

So are you suggesting that people on public assistance should have to work at something, even for the government, in order to receive benefits? I really don't think many private companies out there are going to have any problems finding employees with an average IQ, so why would they hire people with low IQs, learning disabilities, brain damage, etc., etc. other than wanting to hire them at the very lowest possible wages?

Old 03-25-2013, 05:44 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,189,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Sure it is. I never said it wasn't. But it is laughable to make the argument that conservatives are anti-freedom because they want to teach creationism in schools. It's an absurd example to use, because in wanting them not teach creationism in schools you are yourself being anti-freedom. If you want to say conservatives are anti-freedom then say they want to ban gay marriage or something like that. Saying they want their ideas taught in schools when you yourself want to ban their ideas and teach your own is just silly.
Good advice: They want to ban gay marriage.

BTW, there is another issue with creationism aside from freedom having to do with separation of church and state. I imagine they get around it by spending a small amount of time on alternative views (evolution, etc) and maintain it is "balanced" teaching. Maybe someone with school age children in the South can clarify this issue with more facts for the benefit of both of us and others as well. That would be helpful.

I never said I wanted my own ideas taught, but public schools have to be careful in the religion area whether we agree or not. It is challenging enough without angry parents on either side picketing the school or even suing (balancing act in which ALL viewpoints deserve input and respect).

Old 03-25-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why is the question. A ten year old child could do the jobs most union folks do. I guess I answered my own question though oops.
I really don't know what jobs most union people do.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:46 PM

I used to work two jobs and go to school at the same time and was never on the dole. Why is that so difficult for folks to do today? I think they're just lazy snobby little bratz who see the government dangling other folks money at em and they take it instead of going out and earning it.

Why shouldn't somebody have to do something for their benifits? Go clean up the highway. Go do some green crap. Go paint the graffiti off the buildings. Do something.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I really don't know what jobs most union people do.
Well usually ten or twelve of em stand around and watch one guy work. Then they go on lunch and pound down a couple 40's and come back and watch some more. Of course the children wouldn't be allowed to drink.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:55 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,557,080 times
Quote:
If anyone took the time to look they would find that FancyFeast5000 has been told by many, many times that conservatives don't have a problem helping the disabled and elderly. Yet FancyFeast5000 keeps ranting the same accusation over and over and over again and OVER again.

FancyFeast5000, Why do you keep defending those types of people?
I wish you'd stop including the elderly as welfare recipients. Most of us have worked all our lives for that social security to kick in when we are 65. We have contributed to that pot that the politicians have siphoned. Plus the more babies that get aborted or simply not born, means fewer contributing to that pot for future recipients. The incomes used to be better than they are now (we are losing the middle clase), so the pot is dwindling, but more is coming out to be redistributed to the increasing numbers of mentally ill. The bank is going to break.
If you are an alcoholic, you are considered disabled. With all the chemicals going into vulnerable children, thru vaccines, drugs and food, causing disease - who is going to be supporting your future disability recipients?

Old 03-25-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I used to work two jobs and go to school at the same time and was never on the dole. Why is that so difficult for folks to do today? I think they're just lazy snobby little bratz who see the government dangling other folks money at em and they take it instead of going out and earning it.

Why shouldn't somebody have to do something for their benifits? Go clean up the highway. Go do some green crap. Go paint the graffiti off the buildings. Do something.
I think there are fewer jobs available. Also the welfare system has changed since the 1990s. Work is required to receive benefits, and there is a time limit for receiving benefits...Unless there has been additional changes I don't know about. The link is very interesting with lots of detail.

"The bill's primary requirements and effects included the following:
  • Ending welfare as an entitlement program;
  • Requiring recipients to begin working after two years of receiving benefits;
  • Placing a lifetime limit of five years on benefits paid by federal funds;
  • Aiming to encourage two-parent families and discouraging out-of-wedlock births;
  • Enhancing enforcement of child support; and
  • Requires state professional and occupational licenses be withheld from illegal immigrants.[25]
In granting states wider latitude for designing their own programs, some states have decided to place additional requirements on recipients."

Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.