Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2010, 06:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Of course not. Why inform yourself of the facts before you make a judgment?

SOP.
I read the OP. What if I had been the first person to respond? My response would have been the same. Why do I need to know what everyone else thinks about it? I don't give a d*** where Rush gets his health care. I hope he never shows up at my place of employment, b/c I would be required to to care for him.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 06:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
He didn't "find" success. Oh puh lease

I know much about Rush's personal life as you do - not much. He likely moved out because he was a dropout and his parents, who came from a very prominent family of RW lawyers, did not want to house a dropout. He knows very little about what it's like to be anything near poor.
See, more junk.

His salary for the majority of his life rarely made it out of the $20Ks. He worked at success, constantly and finally through his entrepreneur spirit, he made the bigtime, but for many, many years he struggled.

You're just throwing speculation that is completely tainted by your hatred of Rush.

I KNOW I've talked to Rush more than you have - 5 times and counting, but of course, you must have something intelligent to say to get on his show.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:56 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,073,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
See, more junk.

His salary for the majority of his life rarely made it out of the $20Ks. He worked at success, constantly and finally through his entrepreneur spirit, he made the bigtime, but for many, many years he struggled.
Yea and I'm sure Mommy and Daddy helped out a little.

Quote:
You're just throwing speculation that is completely tainted by your hatred of Rush.
And you're throwing out speculation about him being a self-made man. You've provided as much evidence as I have.

Quote:
I KNOW I've talked to Rush more than you have - 5 times and counting, but of course, you must have something intelligent to say to get on his show.
You've talked to Rush? By talk to Rush, do you mean you went on air on his show and made a mindless rant much like him and many of his callers?

Old 03-09-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Yea and I'm sure Mommy and Daddy helped out a little.

And you're throwing out speculation about him being a self-made man. You've provided as much evidence as I have.

You've talked to Rush? By talk to Rush, do you mean you went on air on his show and made a mindless rant much like him and many of his callers?
Since you don't listen to Rush, I am not surprised you have not a clue about his upbringing or his career - luckily, we don't have to speculate - he has talked about both many, many times.

But of course, we should believe you, an avowed Rush hater.

As I said before, you have to have something intelligent to say to get on his show - my last transcript was listed on his site for weeks - under most popular.

Quite often he will put on liberals for their insane diatribe, but he mostly does that for instructional purposes.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:45 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
sanrene (you're such a sweetheart) writes:
"I KNOW I've talked to Rush more than you have - 5 times and counting, but of course, you must have something intelligent to say to get on his show."
This is my favorite sentence in the whole thread.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
sanrene (you're such a sweetheart) writes:
"I KNOW I've talked to Rush more than you have - 5 times and counting, but of course, you must have something intelligent to say to get on his show."
This is my favorite sentence in the whole thread.
Tis true. Interesting AND intelligent I should say.

The typical whining, ranting, crazed liberal is sometimes put on for display/instructional purposes, but that's about it.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:47 PM

228 posts, read 507,465 times
OK, I voted for Obama but I don't agree with everything he does. What does get me is if the Republicans and conservatives think his plans are all bad I have yet to hear them say, "I don't agree with your plan because of this (details), here's our plan that will be better because..." All they have done is attack everything Obama does and I have yet to hear their solutions, their proposals.

As for Rush Limbaugh, if everything's so simple why haven't YOU done it already?

Old 03-09-2010, 07:49 PM

You're off topic - this is about Rush and his comments once again mischaracterized.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Rush Limbaugh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"His father was a lawyer and a World War II fighter pilot who served in the China-Burma-India theater."

Not exactly the "from the other side of the tracks" kind of guy.

"He graduated from Cape Central High School, in 1969. Because of his parents' desire to see him attend college, he enrolled in Southeast Missouri State University but left the school after two semesters and one summer."

Plus much more. Nothing indicating any "self-made man" type.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:56 PM

760 posts, read 1,271,383 times
Can he get an unlimited supply of Hillbilly Heroin (Oxycontin) in Costa Rica? Besides, I thought Limbaugh hated Hispanics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies