Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 09:16 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,631,395 times

Advertisements

With the Black Cacusus wanting there cut, the Spanish want there cut, then the public option wanting there cut, and the pro-lifers wanting there cut. Sounds like death of a bill by a thousand cuts...... razor's are sharp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 07:17 AM

5,469 posts, read 12,219,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Being transparent or not has nothing to do with the righties, screaming, lying and trying to scare the ever living hell out of people.
How inconvenient that little thing called free speech is.

Being transparent has nothing to do with Cornhusker Kickbacks, the Louisianna Purchase, and all the back room deals and buyoffs and outright LIES to the people, including those coming out of the mouth of your manchild messiah. But I guess delusion is a wonderful thing. Have fun with that.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:10 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,028,267 times
The reason that Pelosi is saying to get the Health Care Bill passed so we can see what is in it is because...

the same people who are so radically against "passing the bill" support the very same issues that are contained in the bill,
when you break out the different issues that are being addressed in the bill.

Getting this bill passed is just the first step.

There is nothing written in stone but it gets the issues front and center that need to be addressed.

Last edited by World Citizen; 03-12-2010 at 08:20 AM..

Old 03-12-2010, 08:13 AM

418 posts, read 486,837 times
hahahahaha!!! This lady is pure comic genius.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:25 AM

88,804 posts, read 44,610,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
The reason that Pelosi is saying to get the Health Care Bill passed so we can see what is in it is because
the same people who are against passing the bill are for the issues that are contained in the bill,
when you break out the different issues that are being addressed in the bill.

Getting this bill passed is just the first step. There is nothing written in stone but it gets the issues front and center that need to be addressed.
Correction: for SOME of the issues addressed by the bill.

Kill the bill and start over WITHOUT the Cornhusker Kickback, Louisiana Purchase, Florida Fiesta, Union Sweetheart Deal, etc., etc., etc.

Whoever votes for this bill will take themselves and the Dems down BIG TIME in November. Count on it!

Old 03-12-2010, 08:42 AM

I have 3 comments....

1. I don't think anyone agrees with the kickbacks and the deals. I would like to see them gone, as well.

2. I personally would rather see elected officials with backbone, going down fighting for something they believe in than I would to see them re-elected because they've caved and stand for nothing.

3. These mid-term elections always show a change of power. I do believe that there are a lot of opportunists who are running on the GOP side this year...

I'm still a babyboomer American who is terrified about my health insurance premiums and my ability to stay insured. I want to see this bill passed.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
1. I don't think anyone agrees with the kickbacks and the deals. I would like to see them gone, as well.

I'm still a babyboomer American who is terrified about my health insurance premiums and my ability to stay insured. I want to see this bill passed.
Why can't you see that Obama and the Dems are using your fear to cram a health care bill that includes favored treatment for certain groups at the expense of others down your throat?

Old 03-12-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why can't you see that Obama and the Dems are using your fear to cram a health care bill that includes favored treatment for certain groups at the expense of others down your throat?
whatever.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
whatever.
So you just roll over and take the abuse. Good little citizen.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:01 AM

Default Let me tell YOU what ABUSE is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So you just roll over and take the abuse. Good little citizen.
Do you want to know what abuse is?

Abuse is paying $360 every month for a Health Insurance Policy and then when you need care, you can't afford to pay the outrageous deductible.
So, you continue to pay monthly for that policy anyway because if you ever miss a payment and your policy is cancelled, you'll be uninsurable.

Abuse is being in an age group where employers look at the cost of your health insurance before making a hiring decision.
So, you go from temporary job to temporary job unable to find a job that will give you employer benefits.

You just keep your head in the sand.

But, rest assured, there are many, many people in the over 50 age group who are in my shoes...

and, btw, please don't talk to me.

Last edited by World Citizen; 03-12-2010 at 10:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies