Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 01:04 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshbodies View Post
There was a poll done in many states and the majority agree that the smoking ban is an infringement of personal freedoms, but apparently liberal fascists have all the control nowadays.

Just keep your carcinogens, er, "personal freedoms" away from those of us who actually care about our health and that of our families...and there won't be any problems..

Old 07-05-2010, 01:09 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,384,844 times
Maybe we should put a heavy tax on a abortion since the government is suffering from revenue loss.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:22 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Just keep your carcinogens, er, "personal freedoms" away from those of us who actually care about our health and that of our families...and there won't be any problems..
I think that's the big grey area. What to do when one persons 'personal freedoms' start impeding someone else's 'personal freedoms'?

Yes, people should have the right to smoke, but should they have the right to smoke inside a restaurant, or inside a movie theatre where other people are trying to enjoy their meal/movie/drink etc.?

Old 07-05-2010, 01:28 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,250 times
Today Wisconsin's smoking ban starts. We all have our thoughts and feeling about this subject. But when I can't smoke in my own business because the government said NO to a legal product, something is very wrong. I don't have any employee's, owners run it completely.

I'll gladly put a sign on my door say "This is a Smoking Establishment" As a free American it's your choice to walk thru my door. 80% of my customers smoke and the local 20% don't have a problem with it. It is viewed as personal freedom. If it bothered them they would go somewhere else.

It's sad that someone asking for a book of matches has to be charged a fee so I'm not breaking the law.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:43 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
Today Wisconsin's smoking ban starts. We all have our thoughts and feeling about this subject. But when I can't smoke in my own business because the government said NO to a legal product, something is very wrong. I don't have any employee's, owners run it completely.

I'll gladly put a sign on my door say "This is a Smoking Establishment" As a free American it's your choice to walk thru my door. 80% of my customers smoke and the local 20% don't have a problem with it. It is viewed as personal freedom. If it bothered them they would go somewhere else.

It's sad that someone asking for a book of matches has to be charged a fee so I'm not breaking the law.
As a lib, I know what's best for you! I should be able to ban things I don't approve of, but you're a bigot if you don't support the things I like.

These is about liberal control freak nanny staters.

Unfortunately,j people all over the country are tak ing it laying down.... And asking for more.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:50 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nujabes View Post
who goes to an abortion clinic for any reason other than get an abortion or to help perform an abortion? do people go to abortion clinics to hang out, meet with friends, have drinks? do people who work in abortion clinics face health issues because of abortions? can someone safely and legally receive an abortion in the privacy of their own home?

seriously you make the worst comparisons
So a number of people in this control strongly and passionate believe that all abortion should be banned and will be anxious to compare it to any issue, even though they are very moraly wrong for doing so.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:55 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
apples to oranges smoking and abortion. why can't people stick with one topic and not try to pull in something unrelated to try to prove a point?
smoke screen maybe?

Old 07-05-2010, 01:57 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,250 times
Liberals who think like this are power and control freaks who need to mind their own business and let the rest of us run our business to suit our customers. Since they are so holier then thou---I'll set up a P.O. Box and they can send me my financial loss weekly so I can pay my bills.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:13 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
Liberals who think like this are power and control freaks who need to mind their own business and let the rest of us run our business to suit our customers. Since they are so holier then thou---I'll set up a P.O. Box and they can send me my financial loss weekly so I can pay my bills.
It become our business when I have to walk down the street and have to smell the cigarette smoke flowing through the air.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:16 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,562,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
It become our business when I have to walk down the street and have to smell the cigarette smoke flowing through the air.
Ah - grow up - it ain't hurtin you outside, gimme a freekn break. How bout people who don't take a shower or use deodorant? Does Obama's cigarette smoke bother you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies