Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 11:17 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,228,141 times

Advertisements

continued...

if you can ban smoking in bars because you don't like smoking, why can't I ban abortion in abortion clinics, because I don't like abortion?

Old 03-10-2010, 11:20 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,782,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
continued...

if you can ban smoking in bars because you don't like smoking, why can't I ban abortion in abortion clinics, because I don't like abortion?
Because you don't have any standing.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:20 AM

150 posts, read 87,146 times
who goes to an abortion clinic for any reason other than get an abortion or to help perform an abortion? do people go to abortion clinics to hang out, meet with friends, have drinks? do people who work in abortion clinics face health issues because of abortions? can someone safely and legally receive an abortion in the privacy of their own home?

seriously you make the worst comparisons

Old 03-10-2010, 11:21 AM

150 posts, read 87,146 times
i dont even like the smoking ban, and i think that people get abortions to readily, but you hurt your argument's case with your poor debating tactics.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because you don't have any standing.

That's like saying a non smoker has no standing re: a smoking bar..

ironic you ignore the standing of the aborted fetus..

Old 03-10-2010, 11:23 AM

13,382 posts, read 28,646,075 times
How can you even compare the two

Old 03-10-2010, 11:24 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,782,404 times
Quote:
That's like saying a non smoker has no standing re: a smoking bar..

ironic you ignore the standing of the aborted fetus..
YOU don't have any standing.

The non-smoker in a bar does, because the smoke has an impact on them.

The woman sitting next to you waiting to have an abortion has no impact on you. Her actually abortion has no impact on you.

You have no standing.

And if you were really a lawyer you would know that.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nujabes View Post
who goes to an abortion clinic for any reason other than get an abortion or to help perform an abortion? do people go to abortion clinics to hang out, meet with friends, have drinks? do people who work in abortion clinics face health issues because of abortions? can someone safely and legally receive an abortion in the privacy of their own home?

seriously you make the worst comparisons

Well, then your logic would be perfect for also banning alcohol, because there would be zero drunk driving fatalities if people didn't drink and drive, so if they drank at home, they wouldn't have to drive. So alcohol should be limited to home consumption, right?

Can one safely drink an ddrive from the bar home? if not, limit it to home useage only..

Plus people can just as easily make cheeseburgers and fries at home. Why do they need to go out to get food? ban bars totally because there's no need for them!

FACt: a bar is a den of vice. People eat bad food, they drink poisonous alcohol, and have dangerous sex. Why deny them cigarettes as well?

Old 03-10-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
YOU don't have any standing.

The non-smoker in a bar does, because the smoke has an impact on them.

The woman sitting next to you waiting to have an abortion has no impact on you. Her actually abortion has no impact on you.

You have no standing.

And if you were really a lawyer you would know that.
Why is a non smoker in a smoking bar?

You saying that a woman waiting for an abortion has no impact on me is like saying that someone getting shot in the head while I'm walking by doesn't impact me. Technically it doesn't.

You can choose to not go into a bar.

But is she not depriving the world of another person, another potential taxpayer?

Libbie logic: killing babies is fine, but don't smoke a cigarette while you're doing it!

Old 03-10-2010, 11:28 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,072,707 times
Quote:
continued...

Um... wouldnt a lawyer know something about the US Constitution?

And a fallacious argument?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies