Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 12:50 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,530,458 times

Advertisements

This article explains more on what they want to do.

It also recommends local zoning changes to put fast food restaurants out of business, trans-fat bans, salt regulation, and food taxes. They even suggest a TV ban of sorts, recommending: “specific regulations/policies that limit television and other screen media.”

» The Stimulus Bill’s Hidden Attack on What We Eat, Drink, and Smoke - Big Government#more-86830

Articles from above link--alot more details.

httpwww.cdc.govchronicdiseaserecoverydocsAdditiona l_information_for_N_and_PA_M

httpwww.cdc.govChronicdiseaserecoverydocsMAPPS_Int ervention_Table
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 01:05 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,661,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I would think that if healthcare DOESN'T pass would be more than enough of an incentive to change one's diet since being unhealthy AND without insurance is a deadly prescription for anyone.
Being unhealthy AND with Obamacare is a deadly prescription!

Stepped up my exercise program, and had a nostalgic memorial whopper jr with fries and soda yesterday - first time I've been in a fast food restaurant in 2 years (except on occasion to buy coffee when travelling).

It was good.

Have cleaned up most of the rest of what I buy and prepare. Reading labels is my hobby now.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:12 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,666,419 times
If this ever does pass they do need to close the fast food restaurants and get rid of all the junk food. Go to Wal mart and you'll see how fat Americans are.

If my tax dollars are going to go to helping people live longer and healthier then I'll be damned if I want them stuffing there face with fatty unhealthy foods.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:15 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,661,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
If this ever does pass they do need to close the fast food restaurants and get rid of all the junk food. Go to Wal mart and you'll see how fat Americans are.

If my tax dollars are going to go to helping people live longer and healthier then I'll be damned if I want them stuffing there face with fatty unhealthy foods.
If they live longer, they'll need subsidies longer and you'll be paying more, longer...

Maybe, to save on Medicare, Obama will allow seniors to continue to eat cheap food in fast food places for their remaining years. I can see Pelosi supporting that with vigor. After she gets that regulation passed, that is, so that she can see just what is in it.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:21 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,666,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
If they live longer, they'll need subsidies longer and you'll be paying more, longer...

Maybe, to save on Medicare, Obama will allow seniors to continue to eat cheap food in fast food places for their remaining years. I can see Pelosi supporting that with vigor. After she gets that regulation passed, that is, so that she can see just what is in it.
good point as long as certain surgeries are not allowed. Surgeries like removing clogged arteries.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:41 AM

938 posts, read 1,228,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
OP, why wouldn't you advise people to do this anyway, regardless of the status of Obamacare?
Because this is not the fitness forum but it does apply to our finances and overall survival of this mess called Obamacare.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Being unhealthy AND with Obamacare is a deadly prescription!

Stepped up my exercise program, and had a nostalgic memorial whopper jr with fries and soda yesterday - first time I've been in a fast food restaurant in 2 years (except on occasion to buy coffee when travelling).

It was good.

Have cleaned up most of the rest of what I buy and prepare. Reading labels is my hobby now.
I feel you. I ate my very last basket of hotwings on sunday watching college hoops. I ordered 75 wings but only ate about 52 before I had to call it quits. gave the rest to my dog

Old 03-11-2010, 07:56 AM

to the person who repp'd me:

I know, I found that out with all the diarrhea the hotwings gave my poor pooch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies