Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,836,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
There are a lot of people on the left upset that Obama keeps caving in and moving to the center in a vain hope to compromise with Republicans. Of course the Republicans always just continue their obstructionism and nothing gets accomplished so why even bother reaching out to them? It just results in good legislation getting watered down to the point that it becomes useless and you never ever get a single Republican vote for all of your efforts so why bother?

Basically what his base wants him to do is grow a pair of balls, stand up to Republican obstructionism, and fight for the real change & reform he promised. I don't think this is to much to ask for.
It hasn't been the republicans getting in his way - it is the uprising in disapproval from the American people, culminating in three huge elections lost by the democrats, where they absolutely bled Independents.

The polls all tell the same story - his policies are not well received by the public at large. Of course, the Left wants to see those policies enacted, but they constitute a small segment of the population.

He shot his wad in trust and credibility with the Failed Stimulus and the American people are not willing to blindly give him a blank check to implement his radical agenda.

For many, many months the republicans couldn't stop anything, they had no power at all. It is his OWN party members that are sinking his agenda.

You see, he is good at demanding they sacrifice their jobs/careers to pass his extremely unpopular obamacare. How very arrogant of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 08:44 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,376,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Maybe just once you could try to stay on topic and not make it about me...OR...ignore my threads.
You are mighty sensitive.

My post was about the fact that:
a- I did not vote for him, but now might be contributing to his "base"

b- many of those I meet in the military community are rather "apolitical" and instead of constantly arguing about how good a president is doing, actually are doing their job and going out "into the field" with considerable amounts of courage and discipline. It amazes me to see the amount of disrespectful remarks I see civilians make and then to see soldiers literally entering life and death situations who discuss politics in not nearly a disgusting way as you repeatedly do.

And to make it personal, yes, to see a American citizen poster like you make countless threads in the vein of attacking Obama is rather disgusting. I think we can only expect that if the next prez is someone you endorse, and they Fuc# up you'll likely blame Obama. I've seen plenty posts by you. It's your style. And it sucks.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:45 PM

852 posts, read 1,353,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The liberals are too stupid to realize that Obama doesn't have civil liberties in mind when he passes extensions to the traitor act.
All liberal are stupid. Is this Ann Coulter? How dumb does one have to be to paint everyone that is liberal as stupid? That's as ignorant as claiming that all Republicans are smart or that all blacks are athletes.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:49 PM

22,140 posts, read 19,360,986 times
Quote:
It hasn't been the republicans getting in his way - it is the uprising in disapproval from the American people, culminating in three huge elections lost by the democrats, where they absolutely bled Independents.

The polls all tell the same story - his policies are not well received by the public at large. Of course, the Left wants to see those policies enacted, but they constitute a small segment of the population.

He shot his wad in trust and credibility with the Failed Stimulus and the American people are not willing to blindly give him a blank check to implement his radical agenda.

For many, many months the republicans couldn't stop anything, they had no power at all. It is his OWN party members that are sinking his agenda.

You see, he is good at demanding they sacrifice their jobs/careers to pass his extremely unpopular obamacare. How very arrogant of him.
For many many months?? It was four months the GOP had a Filibuster Proof Majority, and that was counting on someone who campaigned for McCain the year prior....

Old 03-10-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Yes, I also agree. Please ignore my posts NomadScribe.
LOL. Fingers in the ears for you, eh?

I have never hit the "ignore" button for anyone. I believe the "ignore" button is really only used by narrow minded, intolerant jerks. But I may be wrong. Some people might use it to ignore such individuals. A healthier frame of mind does lead to a healthier body!

Old 03-10-2010, 08:59 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,284,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
......And to make it personal, yes, to see a American citizen poster like you make countless threads in the vein of attacking Obama is rather disgusting. I think we can only expect that if the next prez is someone you endorse, and they Fuc# up you'll likely blame Obama........ .
Uhhh,.....like Obama always blames Bush?

BWAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Big Baby Barack will NEVER accept the fact that his own actions are the reason he's losing support,....he just blames it on Bush and keeps on going......

Old 03-10-2010, 09:01 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,234,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
LOL. Fingers in the ears for you, eh?

I have never hit the "ignore" button for anyone. I believe the "ignore" button is really only used by narrow minded, intolerant jerks. But I may be wrong. Some people might use it to ignore such individuals. A healthier frame of mind does lead to a healthier body!
Seriously, I insist you ignore me.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Seriously, I insist you ignore me.
Look, we're on a public forum. If you don't want to see my posts I think there is a feature that will allow you to "ignore" them. I don't use the feature b/c I think it's stupid. You, on the other hand, might perceive benefit from sheltering your mind from opinions that are "radically" different and contrary to your own. "Ignore" me. I really don't care.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,836,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
For many many months?? It was four months the GOP had a Filibuster Proof Majority, and that was counting on someone who campaigned for McCain the year prior....
You mean the democrats had a filibuster proof majority.

When was Franken seated?

Old 03-10-2010, 09:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,174,808 times
Quote:
Could this be true? You really wouldn't know it from his supporters on this forum - they must be tried and true die hards. He's got the right and the Left mad at him, which should work out real well for the republicans in Nov.

Obama's liberal base 'disengaged' - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2010-03-10-liberals_N.htm - broken link)

One of the few areas where I support him, although I wouldn't call them "war crimes".

Damn. Wouldn't that be sweeter than sweet if his base stayed home in Nov?
I heard mention, yesterday, of the fact that many of those young people who voted for the first time in 2008 don't plan to vote this fall. That will take lots of his support from him and move some of those freshmen House members out of their offices. Yep, he is in real trouble if he loses the under 25 voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies