Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:21 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
What??
I know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 07:29 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
"as well as the higher rate of infection"

You can't say that it's easier for someone to get something because they have a higher rate of infection.

It's due to behavior. Women have sex with men that other women desire, so IF these guys get STDs, they spread them to other women, hence why women have higher STD infections than men, because women desire men that other women desire.
This makes sense to me.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:57 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,824,546 times
This is scary for single people. What else are they infected with? No one reveals they have HIV.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:29 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaKash View Post
What is interesting is if it is 1 in 6 that means at least 1 poster on each page has herpes. Stew on that one for awhile.
It's cool, I'm wearing a condom...

Old 03-12-2010, 02:42 AM

805 posts, read 773,940 times
I suppose now we'll be required to pay additional premiums on our health insurance to cover this mostly liberal disease.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
For the most part, herpes is not a big deal, and most people don't even have outbreaks. Like most things associated with sex, I think too many Americans become semi-hysterical when they hear about herpes.

Also, keep in mind that "cold sores" are a euphemism for herpes. People get nervous when they hear about herpes, but not when they hear about cold sores. It doesn't make sense.
You did not say that!!! You can't possibly be that uninformed!!!
Then I looked to see who posted such foolishness... oh yeah!

Ever think of changing your Username?? to something more accurate...

after all, with all the inane and insipid threads you start and equal quality posts, we've pretty much have "Identified" you...

Old 03-12-2010, 02:52 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,361 times
DCLSDCD said: "Aside from your dispicable comment I am not a stupid left winger the will sleep with anything, nor do I have anything to hide. I never bought into the left wingers lowly ways of living and thinking. By the way I also keep my distance from the people most likely to be diseased."

Don't be so high and mighty, just because what you are saying is right does not mean you should take such pleasure in being right.
[LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
So you have sex with prostitutes only in the missionary position with a hole in the sheet between you ... because Jesus told you that was the only way to get into heaven?

Good boy!

I've had a lot of really good sex with a lot of really hot men and I'm smart enough not to get infected with anything. Ever.

(Take your hand out of your lap sweetheart, it looks bad)

Good luck with that Heaven thing!

Kisses!

Love Ya!
Seriously? You are going to attack someone like this? Some of us understood that sex was meant to be a gift between a man and a woman that was only to be shared in marriage. Those of us who waited and never have to deal with any STD look upon these stats and wonder what the rest of you are thinking. To put it another way, think about this: every time you have sex with a new partner roll a six sided dice, if you roll a one guess what, you have herpes.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I think that if people are sexually active with multiple partners, they should accept that there's a good chance of contracting herpes eventually. It's a trade-off for the freedom and fun of having multiple partners.
When you're hot, you're hot

Old 03-12-2010, 03:56 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
DCLSDCD said: "Aside from your dispicable comment I am not a stupid left winger the will sleep with anything, nor do I have anything to hide. I never bought into the left wingers lowly ways of living and thinking. By the way I also keep my distance from the people most likely to be diseased."

Don't be so high and mighty, just because what you are saying is right does not mean you should take such pleasure in being right.
[LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Seriously? You are going to attack someone like this? Some of us understood that sex was meant to be a gift between a man and a woman that was only to be shared in marriage. Those of us who waited and never have to deal with any STD look upon these stats and wonder what the rest of you are thinking. To put it another way, think about this: every time you have sex with a new partner roll a six sided dice, if you roll a one guess what, you have herpes.

Those of that chosen lifestyle accept that disease comes with the territory so they try to convince themselves and others it is no big deal. I would never put myself in that position to have to live with a lifelong disease that could be prevented.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:03 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
I suppose now we'll be required to pay additional premiums on our health insurance to cover this mostly liberal disease.

"this mostly liberal disease"?

Anything factual to support that statement? Are doctors now requiring one state their politics before receiving treatment? Or just another round of baseless blather?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies