Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 01:26 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Not that I am a tea party fan but this sounds like a real intimidating group.

Discussion and debate has been tried for decades. the middle class has lost that battle.

If this little coffee party thinks sipping a mochachino and whispering to each other that we need change is going to make a difference they need a history lesson.

Im sure the wealthy and powerful in this country are shaking in their boots at the sight of the coffee party.

add: I appreciate their intentions but Im sorry , I just think at this point its all for naut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 01:29 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I read a health report that said coffee is bad for you. Are these people trying to promote bad things?

Old 03-12-2010, 01:37 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post

Discussion and debate has been tried for decades. the middle class has lost that battle.

If this little coffee party thinks sipping a mochachino and whispering to each other that we need change is going to make a difference they need a history lesson.

Im sure the wealthy and powerful in this country are shaking in their boots at the sight of the coffee party.

add: I appreciate their intentions but Im sorry , I just think at this point its all for naut.
The Coffee Party has gone from zero members to 117,419 in just six weeks. You don't think that will turn the heads of a few of our elected officials? Republican candidates court the tea bag party members so don't be so quick to dismiss what the Coffee Party might able to accomplish down the road. Their ideology may be different but both these two groups have a lot in common.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:38 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Love coffee... Yergacheffe is about my fav right now...

dont like progressive politicis.

if coffee party is against wild spending and progrssive politics I am for it.

if this is just the liberal answer to the current backlash against wild spending, then I hope they end up drinking folgers!
You don't see your slanted view here? Really? Are you serious?

If you had gone to the link you would've seen all info which could have tempered your assumptions prior to posting.

The whole idea is to get away from the stuff you are peddling.
Clearly this is not the group for you.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:44 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,294,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I read a health report that said coffee is bad for you. Are these people trying to promote bad things?
Was that study sponsored by the soft drink industry, by chance?

Old 03-12-2010, 01:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post

I think people just wanted an alternative from the Tea Parties. People want change in government but don't want to be associated with the tea party people, since they are kind of an uneducated angry bunch of people. Yes, there are some in that movement that are truly trying to make a difference but their voices are being squashed out by crazies.

I went to a local tea party rally a few months ago...and there is no way in hell I'd want to be associated with those types of people.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:02 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I have been drinking coffee for over 40 years, and damn it, i am still light skin, have not gotten that nice tan from drinking coffee yet! maybe i need more cups in the morning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Quit adding half n' half, then see what happens.

For a really deep tan, I use brown sugar for the sweetener.
ive been drinking coffee for at least 38 years (im 40) and i drink it black and strong and I cant tan either!

i just burn, turn red, peal and go back to ultra pale white.

oh well. but i do like a good cuppa java!

I grind my own beans and brew in a $13 french press.... its far better coffee than my very expensive DeLongi drip!

Old 03-12-2010, 02:08 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I have been drinking coffee for over 40 years, and damn it, i am still light skin, have not gotten that nice tan from drinking coffee yet! maybe i need more cups in the morning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
You don't see your slanted view here? Really? Are you serious?

If you had gone to the link you would've seen all info which could have tempered your assumptions prior to posting.

The whole idea is to get away from the stuff you are peddling.
Clearly this is not the group for you.

slanted view? oh there is no question about it! my veiw is very biased! LOL!

I like small and effecient government that does few things but does them well.

I do not like all encompassing nanny state big government.

HOWEVER, in talking about the Coffee party, as I have said, I dont know enough about them.

I do wish them well if their goal is to slow down spending.... I will go one step further. If their goal is to bring civility back to the process, in an a-political way, then I wish them well in that too!

however, if they are a progressive/liberal answer to the tea party then I wish nothing but folgers on them!

back to our argument.
my personal coffee habits do not indicate that I am a liberal big spender because it is MY MONEY.

NOR Do I take issue with Coffee Party people for spending their own money on coffee...

my only issue is IF they want to push government into more big spending....

are we clear?

I am biased
I am not a progressive/liberal

Old 03-12-2010, 02:16 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,732 times
Grass roots, or astroturf?

» NY Times, Washington Post Hide Phony ‘Coffee Party’ Astroturf Roots — at the NY Times! - Big Journalism

Old 03-12-2010, 02:23 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
s

HOWEVER, in talking about the Coffee party, as I have said, I dont know enough about them.

I do wish them well if their goal is to slow down spending.... I will go one step further. If their goal is to bring civility back to the process, in an a-political way, then I wish them well in that too!

back to our argument.
my personal coffee habits do not indicate that I am a liberal big spender because it is MY MONEY.

I am biased
Well, amen and hallelujah!

Yes you are a liberal big spender on coffee beans. That was my point in the first place.
Gads.
To wish folger's sewage on anyone is just plain mean and apparently partisan in your case. That's just sad.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies