Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 05:12 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times

Advertisements

1) I oppose the war in Iraq and think we should bring our troops home immediately! Not because of sympathy to Iraqi insurgents, but because of concern to our troops.
2) I couldn't care less what Matt Damon, Tom Hanks or Sean Penn think, but good for them that they are not afraid to express their opinions.
3) Actor Jon Voight is a right wing supporter. Don't care that as well and still like his movies.
4) I am only interested in is their acting and they are all great.

5) Similarly, I don't follow Harry Reid , Nancy Pelosi, or John Boehner acting careers.
6) If I am uncomfortable with a movie, I will simply avoid it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 05:20 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I didn't plan on seeing this movie till it came out on DVD. Hollywood has the power to uplift the nation during this time. In fact, during WW2 Hollywood rallied behind our military and put out very pro military hero type films. But not this time. Hollywood isn't what it used to be that's for sure, and as sad and ridiculous as it may seem, they do have the power to sway impressionable minds in this country away from positive messages about people, cultures, causes, nations and leave a very sour taste in everyone's mouth.

I get so sick of actors/actresses/musicians using their clout as propaganda for a political cause.
Sure...unless it's Chuck Norris, James Woods, or Ted Nugent just for a few examples...then it's okay right?

Too funny.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:22 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
GE, they bring technology to Iran to kill our soliders. Mr. Damon is nothing if not a hypocrit. So glad I don't patronize Hollywood.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:29 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
GE, they bring technology to Iran to kill our soliders. Mr. Damon is nothing if not a hypocrit. So glad I don't patronize Hollywood.
Hmmm just like Halliburton? Or maybe HP? Or Alcatel? Or Caterpillar? Or Conoco Phillips? Or Exxon Mobil? Or Honeywell? Or Ingersoll-Rand? Or Itron*(specifically for electric power usage) Or Tyson Foods?

You mean like those to name a few?

Old 03-12-2010, 05:41 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Conservatives complaining about Hollywood (or any creative industry) is nothing new. They don't like any ideas that challenge their views of how the world should be.

I suggest they go watch some stimulating old movies starring Ronald Reagan. Maybe that'll be boring enough for them.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:57 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Hmmm just like Halliburton? Or maybe HP? Or Alcatel? Or Caterpillar? Or Conoco Phillips? Or Exxon Mobil? Or Honeywell? Or Ingersoll-Rand? Or Itron*(specifically for electric power usage) Or Tyson Foods?

You mean like those to name a few?
Did Mr. Damon make money by film studios owned by those corporations too?

Old 03-12-2010, 06:04 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Matt is quite a good actor, and I enjoy his movies. But when he opens his mouth and talks about politics his lack of common sense shines. He turns into a complete idiot. The same can be said of (forgot his name)...Jack in FOX's 24. He is another complete idiot, except when acting on that TV series.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Conservatives complaining about Hollywood (or any creative industry) is nothing new. They don't like any ideas that challenge their views of how the world should be.

I suggest they go watch some stimulating old movies starring Ronald Reagan. Maybe that'll be boring enough for them.
That's not the point. Take for example Bob Dillan. He may be a communist, liberal, whatever....(don't really know), but he keeps his mouth shut when it comes to politics. I can respect that. Not so with some actors and singers. That's when I feel like screaming, "shut off and sing," or just "shut off and act. I don't want to hear your views about politics or religion."

Old 03-12-2010, 06:19 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Matt Damon, like Tom Hanks, is just as clueless as he can be.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Matt Damon, like Tom Hanks, is just as clueless as he can be.
And Mr. Pinhead tops them all:
The Associated Press: Chavez thanks Sean Penn for slamming his critics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies