Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 01:15 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Republicans do not care squat about the country. There was a time when they did care but those days are long gone. There are no more Dwight Eisenhower types in the Republican party. People who loved their country and served it in war and in peace. As I drive on the interstate highways and I see those signs that say "Eisenhower Interstate System", I think to myself what a great man Ike was. He dared to stand up and say "we CAN do this" and built the greatest highway system in the world.
Even Nixon made some good and positive changes for America including stronger civil rights enforcement and the introduction of Affirmative Action programs to bring the Negro into the American mainstream. He actually would have been a pretty decent President if he was not a criminal.
Reagan was a daring President who led our nation out of the dark years of rampant inflation, a dark economy and the hostages in Iran. He changed the trajectory of the country in a way not seen since the days of FDR.
And then I look at the pathetic limp Republican party of today. The "party of no". The only changes they want to see are to take the country back to the dark ages of racism, homophobia and no rights for women. They want to run the country as a Christian theocracy much like Iran. They only seek to serve the corporate class and the rest of us can all go to hell. They give us pathetic bird brains like Palin and try to pass them off as "brilliant" people.
They seek to have ever lasting wars but none of them nor their sons have ever put on a uniform and picked up a rifle (exception McCain) and served the country they seek to lead. I guess war is good for OUR kids (yes I served in the USAF and my oldest son is now in the Navy) but certainly not good enough for their kids.
They have the best health care money can buy but would deny even basic health care to the working people in this country. They send their kids to the best private schools but would deny even basic education to our kids if they could.
This is why the Republicans must be smashed and destroyed. And any Democrat that colludes with them should get the same treatment (read Blanche Lincoln and Joe Liberman). These people are worse than Ben laden and the terrorist. The terrorist attacked us for one day. The Republicans attack us EVERY day.

Typical left winger hysteria
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 01:28 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
If this thread is BS, it's no more or less BS than any number of right-wing worshipping threads on here.

What half of you bird brains don't get is that partisanship in itself is stupid. This is not football, where it always makes sense to root for the home team. In the real world, truth is not entirely partisan and real progress on complex issues generally requires a multitude of viewpoints that work together.

But nobody ever gets that on here... it's always "I'm a Republican; everything the Republicans ever say, do, or think is always RIGHT!" Or, "I'm a Democrat; the Democrats are always the best!"

These kinds of mentalities are precisely why we have no intelligent progress in this country. It's all just like a football match.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:02 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
The Eisenhauer presidency had no push or want for legalized abortion, no gay rights and did not want universal healthcare. He also was for aiding any country that was threatened by communism. And you (as a lib) want to go back to his day?

Sounds like he is the liberals worst nightmare.

Personally, I think he was a great president
I would take Ike over ANY of these rat Republicans we have today. Abortion was not an issue when Ike was in office. In fact it probably had not even been invented then as a common medical procedure. Neither had the pill. I don't think homosexuality was much of a deal either. I did not know of any gays until the 1970s.
Ike started some real good things including the highway system and expanding Social Security. He also appointed Earl Warren to the Supreme Court and sent the Army to Little Rock to let the racist know their days were coming to an end. Was he perfect? No but he is 10 times better than the Republicans are now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies