Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2010, 01:56 PM

20 posts, read 29,049 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]America did not learn from the Nazi atrocities, or did they[/SIZE]? this is taken from a blog: SICK HELL

Operation Paperclip. Importation of Nazis to United States. No conspiracy entertainment to gaze at and suppliment your TV veiwing. It is a horrendous reality. There is limited scholarly work on this horrid aspect of US military / intelligence history, but Linda Hunt has written material on this historic reality that should cause anyone to do some thinking about what is hidden in unsolved mysteries, ethical misconduct, human experimentation in the US.

Linda Hunt:

article: US Cover Up of Nazi Scientist ( Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, Dec1985, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p67-67, 2/3p; (AN 11019190))

Book: Secret Agenda: The United States Government, Nazi Scientists, and Project Paperclip, 1945 to 1990. by Linda Hunt. (http://www.yamaguchy.netfirms.com/miscell/clip_00.html ).

Also see namebase.org: Nazi / Recruiting: http://www.namebase.org/books43.html; Hubertus Strughold, US School of Aviation Medicine. A Nazi scientist who headed divisions in Nazi Germany that conducted horrific and gruesome human experimentations: http://www.adl.org/presrele/holna_52/2533_52.asp:

quote: Hubertus Strughold was a German Nazi aviation medicine scientist who knowingly supervised the murderous experiments at Dachau concentration camp during 1941 and 1942 into the reactions of the human body to low pressure, cold, hypothermia and re-warming using prisoners – many of whom died unnecessarily. Not surprisingly, Strughold was never convicted of his war crimes and after the Second World War like many other Nazi scientists he joined the USAAF to work as a scientist, his research being end quote. READ MORE: http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/cgi-bin/res.pl?keyword=Hubertus+Strughold&offset=0

John Pilger (http://www.johnpilger.com/) estimates that about 1 million Iraqis have been killed as a direct result of, as well as fall out from (sectarian violence) the US invasion of Iraq. Is this not GENOCIDE? Are we like the Germans of Nazi German, killing people who are different? It is ok to bomb these people, kill innocence, for they do not look like us. They have different values, customs, economies, histories. I would say that there is a huge moral deficit in the ethos of America. That is my arguement.

What are the numbers? As Americans eat popcorn and sat on couches, glued to the first night of bombing of Bagdad in 2003, did they ever think of what it might be like to have this happen to one of their own cities?

Are we thoughtless, cruel, crippled morally? Does Hollywood desensitize us to violence thousands of miles away, but bought and paid for by our defense budget (tax payer dollars)?

What is going on? A people fed lies, pacified by television, consumerism, and never taugh to think critically.

Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, seem to become literature for a cultivated sector that considers itself liberal leaning, and critically postured, their words are isolated in a nitch market of readership. Bill Moyers is another important figure in this equation that I would see as the amorality of the ethos of America.

To quote:

"War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. In the World War [World War I] a mere handful garnered the profits of the conflict. At least 21,000 new millionaires and billionaires were made in the United States during the World War. That many admitted huge gains in their income tax returns. How many other war millionaires falsified their tax returns no one knows. [Please note these are 1935 U.S. dollars. To adjust for inflation, multiply all figures X 10 or more]"-read more: http://www.wanttoknow.info/warcoverup

Last edited by Kabor; 03-13-2010 at 02:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 03:17 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,707,597 times
I was strongly against going into Iraq. Now that we are there I think it will be very hard to leave.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:56 AM

20 posts, read 29,049 times
The media controls the opinions of people, in very furtive ways, though I mean not to offend anyone who has an opinion. What I mean is that things become simplified and reduced in scope. I say this echoing to some extent Ross Douthat's words in today's NYT op-ed section text 'Hollywood's Political Fiction'.

Hollywood and the media all portray a non-reality. Cultivated is a narrow view. Editors cater to the Pentagon, in a non-direct way, and sensationalism draws emotions.

Ever imagine foreign troops walking in the streets of your city or town, having communications disrupted and services disrupted. Hearing that a family member has died in a bombing, or by gun fire.

It is not a matter of peace. It is a matter of human respect, human rights, and on the other hand domination, destruction, and profits.

The DoD is no different than crack dealers, only they deal in big bucks (heavy financing) from government dollars, and the king pins live in Mansions. Also, they never risk arrest, as thousands die from the reach of their weapons systems, policies, and power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies