Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 07:54 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
One way or another, the government is going to FORCE you to incur a monetary loss.
You could die in a car wreck tomorrow and all the money they forced you to spend on something you never needed in your life.

Freedom & Liberty will have totally different meanings after this crap passes.
You mean like Car Insurance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 07:56 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,445,432 times
Quote:
You could die in a car wreck tomorrow and all the money they forced you to spend on something you never needed in your life.
I have car insurance, and I'd rather not collect a dime.

I have home owner's insurance, and I'd rather not collect a dime.

I have life insurance, and I know I will never collect a dime.

I have health insurance, and many times I have seen some of my money come back to me - when our children were born, with annual physicals, with shots, and medications, and tests, and durable medical equipment. I know I will never go bankrupt paying medical bills, and the peace of mind that brings means a great deal to me.

But personally, I would rather never collect a dime on my health insurance, because that would mean I had perfect health right up to the day I die. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
You mean like Car Insurance?
If you don't have a car...

Not EVERYONE is forced to pay for car insurance.

Driving is a privilege.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:17 AM

Your talking material things. They want to tax your life.

Do you see a difference?

Old 03-14-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
If you don't have a car...

Not EVERYONE is forced to pay for car insurance.

Driving is a privilege.
You don't have a car?

Those who don't have income won't pay

Old 03-14-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
One way or another, the government is going to FORCE you to incur a monetary loss.

You don't really understand Car Insurance do you?
The liability insurer of the truck that hit them has to pay for the injuries caused by it's client. It wouldn't matter if the reids had insurance at all

Old 03-14-2010, 08:31 AM

I'm given privilege to drive a vehicle in public provided road. It is mandated by each STATE what I have to have, to drive on their publicly maintained roads.
I'm not given a right to. Rights are not given, unless your under dictator rule.

So it will become a privilege the government gives you, by the taxes they withhold.
I don't need to drive.
If I own it outright, I don't need to have a mortgage on a home, to have a mortgage company mandate I have insurance on the home. It ain't government, it is a private mortgage company that owns your home, stating if you live there you have insurance so they are not left holding a worthless property. It is not a right to own a home.
That is taxing things you don't need to live. They are luxury use taxes.
Taxing survival is not freedom.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:54 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:

The same is true of private insurance. You are making a choice to spend this money that you might never need.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The same is true of private insurance. You are making a choice to spend this money that you might never need.

You guys and gals with the blinders are so focused on the insurance companies, like the government wants you to be. They in no way want you to focus on the real reason cost are rising so dramatically. They want you to loath the insurance companies, so the government can step in to control human life, after they get choked.

What they won't tell you is the reason cost are skyrocketing and insurance has to raise their rates to cover those cost, is the government entitlements for healthcare. Medicaid, Medicare & Tri-Care. They do not pay for the service provided. If doctors relied on entitlement payments alone, they would not be able to pay their overhead to run a business, let alone make a profit. They would be in business to lose money.

The doctors must charge those with insurance, to make up for the loss they occur from servicing entitlement patients. The cost goes up for those insured. that make insurance have to go up, or they to would not make what they need to pay their overhead cost.

Notice the 21% cut in Medicaid, Medicare and Tri-care recently? Funny how the insurance companies had to raise their premiums 21% to make up the increased cost on the insured, to pay for those that are on entitlements.
(in the voice of scolding the dog)Bad insurance companies, bad companies.

It is time to face reality, people.

It is not the insurance companies, making cost rise. It is the lack of funding from entitlements, that get passed on to those that have.

You really want to be Like the UK, where 75% of your earnings go to taxes for government.
Clue: They are still underfunded and going broke! Quality & Service are suffering from it. Their government is talking about a 90% tax on earnings to make it work... Can you say slavery!

Old 03-14-2010, 09:28 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Just wondering if she is on government health care... Is Hairy going to make it happen for everybody else?
Are you serious thinking Prince Harry and Miss Windtunnel are going to share the same health care as they have with you....wake up they are above the crowd...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies