Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 08:47 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I really can't read through this thread. I will not pollute my brain with such stupdity. Call it playing the race card all you want, there is no other explanation for such foolishness day in and day out.

There should be a separate internet for the mentally challenged.
Thank you! Unfortunately, I'm afraid my poor wittle bwain's already been polluted. Southernin' soccotash!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
There was some merit, at least, to the "Bush bashing" some of it was based on some fact. Some of the Obama bashing is legit, based on perception or suggestion, but most is just, for a lack of a better term, made up.

I mean, how or why not wearing a tie/jacket in HIS (Oval) office an issue? Hello? Birthers? Hello? On and on.
I agree that most of the bashing against Obama is unmerited and just plain childish, which is what I've expressed over and over ad nauseum on CD. What I take issue with is the expressed opinions that all conservatives AGREE with such bashing and that is simply untrue. Those who disagree with the Obama bashing are, unfortunately, not as vocal as the ignoramuses who persist in engaging in 3rd grader name calling tactics.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:07 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
has anyone ever noticed pbo's 2 handed nut salute when the american flag goes by?

Old 03-14-2010, 10:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I agree that most of the bashing against Obama is unmerited and just plain childish, which is what I've expressed over and over ad nauseum on CD. What I take issue with is the expressed opinions that all conservatives AGREE with such bashing and that is simply untrue. Those who disagree with the Obama bashing are, unfortunately, not as vocal as the ignoramuses who persist in engaging in 3rd grader name calling tactics.
Explain what you mean by the name ignoramus. Somehow I see me being called that since I want to get rid of Obama any way that will work. How does that make me ignorant? I guess not agreeing with you of the supporter class is being an ignoramus. I think just the opposite is the truth.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
has anyone ever noticed pbo's 2 handed nut salute when the american flag goes by?
Do you mean holding his nuts? Yep, he does that now and then. Supporting that flag could mean that he isn't a progressive and I don't believe that at all.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It might be nice if Laura and you would learn to provide the entire quote. Since you didn't here is what Obama said:

"................as radical as I think people tried to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn’t that radical. It didn’t break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution — at least as it’s been interpreted, and Warren Court interpreted it in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties: [It] says what the states can’t do to you, says what the federal government can’t do to you, but it doesn’t say what the federal government or the state government must do on your behalf."

What you and Laura have done here is deliberately edit the quote to distort the fact that Obama was talking about the Warren Court interpretation. You can disagree with the supreme court ruling but you can't condemn a president whose own opinion agrees or disagrees with a ruling that you obviously don't understand.
Since you seem to be so excited about the negative parts of the Constitution maybe you could talk about the method provided for the making of law by the founders. You can find it in Article 1, Section 7, I think. There is nothing there that allows what the Dems want to do with the Slaughter rule but somehow I think they will try it. It is totally unConstitutional and if that abortion of a law is passed with it I think that the courts will be overcome with all the lawsuits against the Congress. How about you telling me how negative that part of the document is. I ask because it seems that Dems just aren't going to allow the allowed system to be used but will get that thing passed one way or another.

Do you manage to see that passage with that pile of Pelosi will result in pure martial law and there will be more bullets flying than it could ever be worth? If you don't then I wonder what you think will happen.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It'd be funny/sad, what sheep they are, if it werent so damn destructive.
Is that more destructive than the Slaughter rule I asked you about? It was done through freedom of speech and that foul rule is not done from any freedom, at all. Let me know what you think about that thing.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Entertainment?
Then why don't you laugh instead of all of the name calling and whining?

Old 03-14-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Explain what you mean by the name ignoramus. Somehow I see me being called that since I want to get rid of Obama any way that will work. How does that make me ignorant? I guess not agreeing with you of the supporter class is being an ignoramus. I think just the opposite is the truth.
Voicing your dissent about the direction a president is taking the country and the policies that he enacts is perfectly fine. The ignoramuses are the ones irrationally calling him "hussein obama" and other childish names that they can come up with and not offering any valid, coherent complaint about Obama except that his name sounds funny or that he relies too much on a teleprompter or that he failed to wear a tie to an event. By engaging in such name calling and blind partisanship, the poster is demonstrating a level of immaturity that is befitting a 3rd-grader.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
this is a hilarious thread! So A President (Obama) who happens to be a Constitutional scholar hates the Constitution?
He says he thinks that it is outdated since it doesn't allow him to do so many things he wants to do. Also, he has agreed that he will go along with the Slaughter rule to get Health Care Reform passed since they can't get it passed any other way. I think that many here should Google that Slaughter rule because most don't have any idea what it is. Hell, it is a manner of passing this thing through the House without a vote. They are saying that the thing can be passed through the House by the leadership voting for it and not allowing the membership to vote. That is one of the most unconstitutional things of the past few years and it would result in the end of the US of A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies