Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2010, 11:10 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,035,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
it wont lower rates

SHOW ME one thing...JUST ONE THING in the bill that will make rates go down.....show me ONE THING that will make health CARE cost go down........

you cant...because it wont
There will be a national public option where those costs will be more regulated to prevent price gouging on Health Care... and not be able to charge whatever they feel like when they go through private health insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 11:14 AM

1,313 posts, read 1,547,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
If you have more than 50 employees it shouldn't make a difference.
Why?
Link me.....provide a quote of the bill....something..... ANYthing.... to prove your position

More than 50 employees translates in to even MORE money than if I had only 15.
Maybe I can terminate 35 people and save some money.
With today's never-ending UEC, they'd still get a check

Old 03-21-2010, 11:16 AM

29,978 posts, read 18,549,838 times
Quote:
Once it passes companies will have more resources for hiring new employees.
Yes, I see. I diverts attention from 10% unemployment so that people can focus on reversing the healthcare bill instead.

You do realize, don't you, that the healthcare bill critics point out that the bill will INCREASE unemployment by increasing tax burdens on small buisness? Further the bill will be transferring the burden of prescription drugs from the medicare prescription plan back to the insurance plans of major corporataions. This is why large corporations, such as Catepillar have stated that the bill would reduce thier profits 20%, thus reducing thier ability to add new jobs. This was from an article in the weekend issue of the Wall Street Journal.

This is crazy. I actually thought that liberals understood that this bill would INCREASE unemployment, but did not care, as they thought that the passage of the bill was more important. Libs are strange, self destructive beasts.

Quote:
There will be a national public option where those costs will be more regulated to prevent price gouging on Health Care... and not be able to charge whatever they feel like when they go through private health insurance.
I thought the public option was taken out.

Like I said...link it or quote it, or shuush

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
Why?
Link me.....provide a quote of the bill....something..... ANYthing.... to prove your position

More than 50 employees translates in to even MORE money than if I had only 15.
Maybe I can terminate 35 people and save some money.
With today's never-ending UEC, they'd still get a check
If you have 49 employees or less you will not be required to provide Health Insurance.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:17 AM

88,680 posts, read 44,457,584 times
Quote:
Since when has somebody not paid for your Health Insurance... Would you ever take a job that didn't provide benefits and Health Insurance?
Employers do not provide benefits for contract workers... also known as NOT employees. You seem to have NO idea how widespread this is, and how exponentially the use of contract workers in lieu of employees is rising.

Now Hiring: Contract Workers? - BusinessWeek
How Government Adds To Ranks of Uninsured - WSJ.com
BMW hiring 700 contract workers at Spartanburg Plant
Contract workers swelling ranks - ABC News

"And so-called contingent workers can cost up to 30% less than regular employees because they typically don't receive benefits such as health insurance or unemployment – a key selling point in a fragile economy."
Quarter of workforce could become temps as contract work grows - USATODAY.com

Old 03-21-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
If you have 49 employees or less you will not be required to provide Health Insurance.
So I only have to terminate approx. 28 people, then

Old 03-21-2010, 11:19 AM

88,680 posts, read 44,457,584 times
Quote:
That's the dilemna IT workers have... Employers have been using IT staffing companies and contract labor so they won't have to provide Health Insurance to their IT departments... With the National public option there will be more choices.
Sure... just cough up ~15-20% of your annual income.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Employers do not provide benefits for contract workers... also known as NOT employees. You seem to have NO idea how widespread this is, and how exponentially the use of contract workers in lieu of employees is rising.

Now Hiring: Contract Workers? - BusinessWeek
How Government Adds To Ranks of Uninsured - WSJ.com
BMW hiring 700 contract workers at Spartanburg Plant
Contract workers swelling ranks - ABC News

"And so-called contingent workers can cost up to 30% less than regular employees because they typically don't receive benefits such as health insurance or unemployment – a key selling point in a fragile economy."
Quarter of workforce could become temps as contract work grows - USATODAY.com
Simple... Don't accept contract work... Don't be a temp unless you're in school.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
So I only have to terminate approx. 28 people, then

With a national public option you won't have that problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies