Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 02:00 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times

Advertisements

I don't mind paying additional taxes for health care. I do mind paying taxes to wage unnecessary wars at politicians' whim. Paying taxes to subsidize businesses. I do mind paying premiums to fat cats and their laborers who do nothing but sit between the patient and doctors.

The HCR should help small businesses a lot more than the current system does. I hope it goes far enough to help some elderly realize that they do not have to be employed until they are eligible for Medicare just so they can have health insurance. That, itself, should open up a few more jobs for the younger folks, at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 02:03 PM

25,719 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
I love all the right wingers still fighting a lost war...
As long as the constitution is still in effect, it's not a losing battle. Once the constitution has been deemed no longer valid, then it will be a loosing battle. Then you, I, and everyone else will be zoo animals at the mercy of our keepers--then again, we're pretty much there now. But no... it's not quite to that point yet, but almost.

When the a**holes who are supposed to be looking out for We The People vote for something that is not only unconstitutional, but is clearly not in the interests or desires of We The People, you know it's time for heads to roll. Vote EVERY last one of them out--a group of disenfranchised circus clowns would do a better job. Once they are out of office, charge each and every one who voted for this illegal travesty with high treason.

Quote: I don't mind paying additional taxes for health care

Good, then you go ahead and pay my 'share,' because I won't be paying it. I hope you don't mind funding my room and board in the GULAG for doing nothing wrong, as well. I'd like filet mignon on Wednesday's... if you don't mind.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
As long as the constitution is still in effect, it's not a losing battle...
And it ain't going anywhere. The delusional, however, often see themselves as the saviors of the constitution, when it belongs to ALL. If you think they are right, I'm sure they can prove it in the courts.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:12 PM

89,004 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee99ta View Post
Are you all really that f'in stupid. Where do you think they are going to get the money to treat the millions not covered now? Tax hikes are coming, big ones. All they did was expand medicare in a sense, and then stuck the states with a big portion of the bill. I wanted healthcare reform, that would reduce costs.
Government has never lowered the cost of anything, EVER!
Are we still going to pay for tons of illegal immigrant births, medical care. Yup!
Did we change the fact that a person can sue a doctor at a moments notice for any mistake. NOPE!
Are doctors still going to run tests, scans, etc to cover their but because they know you will sue them if you didn't order that one test that might have caught your issue, even if there is a 0.1% chance. YUP!
Are doctors, hospitals, other facilities insurance rates going down. NOPE! Don't blame insurance, their profit margin is proven to be around 2%.

TAXES are going UP, UP, UP! It has to come from somewhere. So let me ask you, when we raise the corporate tax rate, you really think they are going to hire another american worker? pfff. not when you have the slaves in China.....
Why, yes... they are that f'in stupid.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And it ain't going anywhere. The delusional, however, often see themselves as the saviors of the constitution, when it belongs to ALL. If you think they are right, I'm sure they can prove it in the courts.
And did you notice the attorney generals in seventeen states and counting are filing suit because they feel the 'health care law' is unconstitutional? They know more about it than you or I do, I would presume--so don't just take my word on it. Based on that, would you consider in the least that... yes, Virginia, it may well have some unconstitutional aspects hidden within the flaps of pork? Attorney generals usually don't engage in materbatory lawsuits. They act if they think they have a case--and there are seventeen of them so far.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And did you notice the attorney generals in seventeen states and counting are filing suit because they feel the 'health care law' is unconstitutional? They know more about it than you or I do, I would presume--so don't just take my word on it. Based on that, would you consider in the least that... yes, Virginia, it may well have some unconstitutional aspects hidden within the flaps of pork? Attorney generals usually don't engage in materbatory lawsuits. They act if they think they have a case--and there are seventeen of them so far.
What does it take to file lawsuits? Lawyers are pretty good at it, aren't they?

While at it, they should declare Medicare unconstitutional at it, and "conservatives" use "kill Medicare entitlement" rhetoric as their platform. Will be fun to watch.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What does it take to file lawsuits? Lawyers are pretty good at it, aren't they?

While at it, they should declare Medicare unconstitutional at it, and "conservatives" use "kill Medicare entitlement" rhetoric as their platform. Will be fun to watch.
But the thing is, if you feel the government forcing everyone to purchase goods or services is constitutional, I really don't know which constitution you are looking at. Until now, I haven't been forced to purchase anything from a private company; yes, I've been paying the taxes in a system I was born into. But that's not the same as this scheme. How is it any different that the government forcing everyone to buy an I-Pod? Or a government... I mean general motors car? Or a box of tampons?

Not to mention the fact that the right to refuse medical care or procedure has been upheld in the courts countless times. Don't you see any problem with any of that? Going to jail because you can't afford insurance? That's okay with you? Being charged because you refuse to let a doctor violate your body against your will?

How far do we let the weasels in the henhouse go before we say enough is enough? Should we just go ahead and repeal the thirteenth amendment right now and get it over with?

Old 03-23-2010, 09:05 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,046,385 times
No one is required to buy Health Insurance... that was taken off the Bill.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:45 AM

1,313 posts, read 1,550,918 times
Question Really?

Quote:
When?

By whom?

Old 03-23-2010, 10:00 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
The bill will require all Americans to have health coverage or pay a penalty, thus extending health coverage to 32 million Americans by 2014.

See full article from DailyFinance: How Health Care Overhaul Will Affect You - DailyFinance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies