Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 09:38 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I wouldnt tell you what I *think* she said -- Im not one of you people who cant even find quotes. After this learn to look stuff up for yourself.

Sarah Palin sees eye-to-eye with Albertans in Calgary speech - The Globe and Mail

I'm not up in arms about it, Wapasha. I came on this morning to remind you that she told the story in the first place in order to score political points. The story may well not even be true.
Oh i found the quotes, and better ones then you supplied, but I do not see any where to justify your position on the matter:

"My first five years of life we spent in Skagway, Alaska, right there by Whitehorse. Believe it or not -- this was in the '60s -- we used to hustle on over the border for health care that we would receive in Whitehorse. I remember my brother, he burned his ankle in some little kid accident thing and my parents had to put him on a train and rush him over to Whitehorse and I think, isn't that kind of ironic now. Zooming over the border, getting health care from Canada," Palin said a speech Saturday night

44 - Palin says her family went to Canada for health care when she was young

To me the irony is that Palin's parents took her across the border to Canada for medical care when she was a little girl, but today Sarah Palin, "believe it or not", would not take her own daughters across the same border for care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 09:42 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
No, Wapasha, for about the 18th time Im reminding you that she is a 50 year old grown up adult politician telling a story on which she can hang a particular punchline in order to elicit a particular response.

"How low will some people go...." lol, another "tear-stained middle schooler" attempt at diversion.
Heaven forbid someone use their own life experiences to relate to other people. BTW, she is not an elected politician, so how is anything she says political? You calling her a politician is.... making **** up... again.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:43 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Oh i found the quotes, and better ones then you supplied, but I do not see any where to justify your position on the matter:

"My first five years of life we spent in Skagway, Alaska, right there by Whitehorse. Believe it or not -- this was in the '60s -- we used to hustle on over the border for health care that we would receive in Whitehorse. I remember my brother, he burned his ankle in some little kid accident thing and my parents had to put him on a train and rush him over to Whitehorse and I think, isn't that kind of ironic now. Zooming over the border, getting health care from Canada," Palin said a speech Saturday night

To me the irony is that Palin's parents took her across the border to Canada for medical care when she was a little girl, but today Sarah Palin, "believe it or not", would not take her own daughters across the same border for care.
But in another version of the same story they had to travel to Juneau for the same burned ankle.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:51 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:

Our conflict started here, at post 63.

Palin : Availed of Canadian Healthcare Services

Old 03-15-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Heaven forbid someone use their own life experiences to relate to other people. BTW, she is not an elected politician, so how is anything she says political? You calling her a politician is.... making **** up... again.
"how is anything she says political"?!

Also, I really have to ask you to quote anything I said that is "making **** up."

Old 03-15-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
But in another version of the same story they had to travel to Juneau for the same burned ankle.
Hmmm.....
Palin drew from her Skagway past to illustrate her point. Her brother burned his foot badly jumping through a fire, and her mother had to take him down to Juneau on the ferry to the hospital. “All these years later, that’s still what people have to rely on here in some instances,” she said.
Governor Palin Visits Skagway 5-11-07

Old 03-15-2010, 11:35 AM

247 posts, read 379,839 times
Quote:
No, Wapasha, for about the 18th time Im reminding you that she is a 50 year old grown up adult politician telling a story on which she can hang a particular punchline in order to elicit a particular response.
Sarah Palin: born on Feb. 11, 1964 (do the math, she just turned 46 not 50).

Old 03-15-2010, 11:36 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Hmmm.....
Palin drew from her Skagway past to illustrate her point. Her brother burned his foot badly jumping through a fire, and her mother had to take him down to Juneau on the ferry to the hospital. “All these years later, that’s still what people have to rely on here in some instances,” she said.
Governor Palin Visits Skagway 5-11-07
I think the point is that her believers have their eyes and ears covered at this point. Mere facts will never convince them

Old 03-16-2010, 09:40 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Ho View Post
I don't get what the big f'ing deal is. She was 6 years old for crying out loud. At 6, I'm really sure she was politically savvy enough to say "Dad, we can't take little Chuck to Canada to get treatment for his burns because this will come back and bite me on the a$$ later when I'm an adult." <rolls eyes>.
I agree. This is as idiotic as people who say that Obama claimed to be Indonesian as that was what was written on his school document. as if an 8 year old boy can sign up for a school in a foregn country not speaking their language.... his stepfather did the paperwork, not Obama.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:44 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,631,833 times
I think you people in the colonies need to focus on why Palin and her ilk want to deny you the rights to healthcare, which she and her family availed of, albeit in another jurisdiction.

As ever Palin says one thing but always does another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies