Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 12:06 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
First, assertions without back up are devoid of value. Of course, you can back it up later, but there's a dim chance of that.

The term "life" does not appear in Medterms. It does however, in Medilexicon, where it is defined as:

1. Vitality, the essential condition of being alive; the state of existence characterized by such functions as metabolism, growth, reproduction, adaptation, and response to stimuli.
2. Living organisms such as animals and plants.

Don't see anything about "once born" there!
Disconnect it from the mother and you'll see a parasitic relationship; it will die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 12:24 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it is very simple not everyone is you, nor do they share your values in life. you can't make people tow the line. education would go a long way in making people more responsible. as would wide spread free birth control. but the facts remain, pregnancy happens, protected or not, responsible or not. you want a 14 yr. old raising a baby? you think "she made her bed now she can lay in it" you willing to support the child w/your taxes till it is 18 as the mom is too scattered to feed and house the baby?

actually yeah...the 14 year old should raise the kid....or put it up for adoption. I would rather support the kid with my taxes than to support the killing of the kid

Old 03-17-2010, 12:25 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
TMI baby.

But maybe you should be trying to get other guys to emulate you if abortion bothers you that much. I'm guessing a 26 year old male virgin can't really get into the mind of a 15 year old sexually active female.

Maybe not but maybe i had urges growing up when i hit puberty... i have pics up on my page if u wanna see... i could have given into sex because i know im attractive ...at least a lil bit ...lol...but i decided to make a decision with my body no matter what situation "popped up"...lol....oh and i never said guys werent pigs either man..i just disagree with the killing of any living human baby in any form whether they are a fetus or newborn

Old 03-17-2010, 01:20 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
in this case at least the child has a "chance" that someone will love him

keep your legs closed if u yourself cant handle the ability God gave you to create a child inside of u..women are lucky in that aspect...they have an ability to say when and who they want to open thier legs for to become tha father of their child..
surely, the flaw in your sentence does not need to be pointed out
Quote:
Men dont have that ability so a woman should be more responsible knowing how her biology works...no one is saying that there aren't duesch bag dead beat dads out here...im saying a woman has control of her body
Well done!!! let's keep it that way

Old 03-17-2010, 01:36 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Maybe not but maybe i had urges growing up when i hit puberty... i have pics up on my page if u wanna see... i could have given into sex because i know im attractive ...at least a lil bit ...lol...but i decided to make a decision with my body no matter what situation "popped up"...lol....oh and i never said guys werent pigs either man..i just disagree with the killing of any living human baby in any form whether they are a fetus or newborn
No...I don't "wanna see" anything. You seem more concerned about people beliving you could have had sex than you ought.

You can disagree with anything you like, but as long as you don't impregnate anyone abortion will never be something you have to worry about. Other peope will live with their own decisions and mistakes.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:44 AM

241 posts, read 267,325 times
I find it funny how so many "pro-lifers" are very much into wars of aggression or even just for resources. Apparently, only fetal life is sacred...because it involves chastizing women for having sex.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:16 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,116,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Disconnect it from the mother and you'll see a parasitic relationship; it will die.
Yes. And that's precisely why abortion should be illegal. Because it kills human life (parasitic is irrelevant to the question...and even born babies and young children have virtually the same relationship to their parents, always needing them around).

Old 03-17-2010, 08:22 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,116,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirriam View Post
I find it funny how so many "pro-lifers" are very much into wars of aggression or even just for resources. Apparently, only fetal life is sacred...because it involves chastizing women for having sex.
I wonder how people can think this. It's now about chastising women's sexual activity. In fact, a lot of men actually are the ones pressuring their pregnant mates to have abortions. It's about human life. And studies have shown that women are equally, or even more pro-life than men.

Unfortunately, the party in the US representing the pro-life element also represents the pro-war element, so I think that is why many pro-lifers also tend to be bellicose. However, war isn't necessarily morally evil; whether or not a country should go to war can often be disagreed on by right-thinking people. Abortion, however, because it kills an innocent infant in the womb, is a certain evil.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:42 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Yes. And that's precisely why abortion should be illegal. Because it kills human life (parasitic is irrelevant to the question...and even born babies and young children have virtually the same relationship to their parents, always needing them around).
Nope, a baby can survive with the support of any person. A baby can survive with the support of artificial nutrition. A FETUS cannot survive without being attached to one woman only.

Just because you believe it to be a life, doesn't make that a fact. If you believe a fetus to be a human life, then I suggest you don't have an abortion. Until it can survive outside of the womb, it is a part of an already living woman's body, and it is her choice to decide how to handle the pregnancy.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:06 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, the party in the US representing the pro-life element also represents the pro-war element, so I think that is why many pro-lifers also tend to be bellicose. However, war isn't necessarily morally evil; whether or not a country should go to war can often be disagreed on by right-thinking people. Abortion, however, because it kills an innocent infant in the womb, is a certain evil.
I find it very hard to understand how you can believe that abortion is so evil, but the loss of innocent lives during war is justifiable. Makes no sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies