Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 07:19 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,064,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Nothing to tie up in courts, that's just right wing babble.
Right.. If you dont think there are lines of individuals, states, corporations all preparing their lawsuit documents as we speak, you are nieve..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 07:25 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,110 times
"The healthcare bill really does pay for itself"....

because it doesn't include the 'doctor fix'. Pelosi deliberately left it out because she couldn't make the numbers work with it. Remember, the CBO can only score what is given to them in the proposed bill.

So without the fix, Doctor's reimbursement will be cut. Think 'No Medicare patients accepted'.

With the fix, the score comes in at $59 billion in the red.

Smoke and mirrors from the Dems. Again.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:32 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,339,632 times
I read in wsj that they are supposed to extend the 2.9% medicare tax to unearned income (i.e. investment income, dividends, rents, annuities) etc. No one knows about this yet, they are hiding it probably. It will affect all filers with incomes over $250,000 (joint).

Old 03-20-2010, 07:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,419,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
I read in wsj that they are supposed to extend the 2.9% medicare tax to unearned income (i.e. investment income, dividends, rents, annuities) etc. No one knows about this yet, they are hiding it probably. It will affect all filers with incomes over $250,000 (joint).
Yes, there is a new tax on passive income now..income earned from your investments.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:53 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,375,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The CBO has a new score of the final Senate healthcare bill, with all its amendments included, and it hasn't changed much. Over the next decade they estimate that it would lower the federal deficit by $118 billion.

But isn't this just smoke and mirrors because the bill raises taxes for ten years but only spends money for six? Nope. It also reduces the federal deficit in the full decade after 2019.
Yes, the Healthcare Bill Really Does Pay for Itself | Mother Jones

The March 11, 2010 CBO report, http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/113xx/doc...ter_HR3590.pdf:
CBO expects that the proposal would generate a reduction in the federal budgetary commitment to health care during the decade following 2019; that judgment is unchanged from CBO’s previous assessment.
ha ha ha, mother jones? seriously?

I believe Ms. Cleo is calling you on the other line.. drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 03-20-2010, 08:43 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,655,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Look Republicans/Conservatives/Tea Party...whatever you call yourselves....this will pass. You will have to live and deal with it just like you had to deal with Obama being elected President.

It's incredible that people don't get it. Stop drinking that kool-aid Hannity, Rush, Beck and company are serving you!
You know, I had similar thoughts about the bold. I think what will happen is there will be a new spate of Obama hate threads on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And why am I entitled to free healthcare at someone elses expense who has less money than I do just because I'm better at manipulating the tax code than most?
You are describing a situation that exists in areas other than health care, too. There is nothing unique about it. Go hire a tax lawyer.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:57 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,919,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
i read in wsj that they are supposed to extend the 2.9% medicare tax to unearned income (i.e. Investment income, dividends, rents, annuities) etc. No one knows about this yet, they are hiding it probably. It will affect all filers with incomes over $250,000 (joint).
3.8%. Plus .9% added on to Medicare tax.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:03 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,419,094 times
The bill has all these penalties going into the Treasury as "miscellaneus receipts".
Does that mean this money will NOT be put towards healthcare insurance ?
Supposedly there is a separate account for the healthcare money.

This wording is throughout the bill when penalties are discussed..by both employer and employee and individuals:

(F) DEPOSIT OF PENALTY COLLECTED.— Any amount of penalty collected under this paragraph shall be deposited as miscellaneous receipts in the Treasury of the United States.’

Old 03-20-2010, 09:03 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,064,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You are describing a situation that exists in areas other than health care, too. There is nothing unique about it. Go hire a tax lawyer.
You must have not followed my postings very closely because I aleady have one..

Or was this your effort to ignore the facts, that I will get FREE healthcare because I can better manipulate the tax code, while those who make much less than I do, PAY FOR IT..

I thank all of you who support this, but why dont we discuss the fact that those who can manipulate the tax code because they have more writeoffs etc but much more able to afford paying for their own care, will get it for free on the backs of those who cant afford added expenses in their budgets?

Old 03-20-2010, 10:12 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,655,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You must have not followed my postings very closely because I aleady have one..

Or was this your effort to ignore the facts, that I will get FREE healthcare because I can better manipulate the tax code, while those who make much less than I do, PAY FOR IT..

I thank all of you who support this, but why dont we discuss the fact that those who can manipulate the tax code because they have more writeoffs etc but much more able to afford paying for their own care, will get it for free on the backs of those who cant afford added expenses in their budgets?
I will thank YOU to not impugn my motives! I do not remember some random post of yours about your tax lawyer.

I do know of people with more assets than our family who qualified for more college financial aid by the same methods. It happens! I do not think there are very many people with tons of assets but lots of write-offs who will be getting health care for "free". AFIK, the only ones who will get it essentially for free are the people on medicaid. There are always scammers who will try to manipulate the tax code in their favor. That is a different issue than health care reform, and no reason not to support health care reform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies