Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 09:31 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,809,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Just as soon as my present position is ended, I am one of the 1/3 who is gone.
Good Bye, and Good Luck!

Anybody who believes this non-sense doesn't deserve to be in the position anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 09:51 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,634,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Good Bye, and Good Luck!

Anybody who believes this non-sense doesn't deserve to be in the position anyway.

I deserve it, I just don't want it. And to be able to walk away from this mess, yes, I am indeed in a very good position.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Question Nearly One-Third of Doctors Could Leave Medicine if Health-Care Reform Bill Passes, According to NEJM Survey

Is it possible that something like 1/3 of practicing physicians are approaching retirement age and will be leaving regardless of the health care legislation?

Old 03-22-2010, 10:14 AM

600 posts, read 1,608,958 times
Oh booo hooo - poor overpaid doctors won't be able to take advantage of sick people anymore. Well, hey, you don't want to be a doctor? Like others have said - you can try to pay off your school loan by working at McDonald's. I'm sure THEY offer AWESOME health insurance!

Old 03-22-2010, 10:17 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,474,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
Oh booo hooo - poor overpaid doctors won't be able to take advantage of sick people anymore. Well, hey, you don't want to be a doctor? Like others have said - you can try to pay off your school loan by working at McDonald's. I'm sure THEY offer AWESOME health insurance!
overpaid doctors????? maybe in Beverly hills

what do you do??? are you overpaid too????

maybe if you actually were willing to pay for a service rendered , you wouldnt be saying such stupid remarks

Old 03-22-2010, 10:20 AM

600 posts, read 1,608,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

maybe if you actually were willing to pay for a service rendered , you wouldnt be saying such stupid remarks
LOL right.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:28 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
Quote:
One of the few sensible posts on this thread. The bright kids are not applying, especially to the primary care specialties, as the income disparity is great compared to that of cardiologist or anesthesiologist, etc. Wait til the Nutjob in the WH tries to equivocate a cardiologist income to that of a primary care provider!! Let the games begin. Who knows what all is in that "historic" bill to further devalue those who spent years and years of hard work and money to become part of what was once held as an esteemed and noble profession.... Anyway, no matter which specialty, it comes down to less income and more patients, the future of those in medicine is merely a grueling thankless existence. And I have no interest in staying on for that lifestyle. I suspect the whole of medical care will come down to the level of the VA (and worse), a very cumbersome and inefficient system of healthcare. No doubt the bulk of the healthcare "professionals" who appear on the scene to take up the slack will be culled from overseas. You know, the ones who reuse needles and think nothing of it....

Just as soon as my present position is ended, I am one of the 1/3 who is gone. (Off to start a much less stressful and more yielding business proposition.) The future of medicine now is whatever medical school applicants out there can be recruited, many of whom most assuredly will not give a damn about patients. The "new medicine" is all about big business. And now, big government business more aptly. Have worked with these "new" doctors, patients shun them, they know the difference in care. Let the foolish and naive who support this travesty of a bill have at it...those who support the new math of LESS qualified physicians available and the ADDITION of 32 MILLION more patients. Best of luck in your brave new world of noncare.
Some of us will miss you and we know what we face and it is heartbreaking. We will be forced to accept delays in care, poorly trained doctors and nurses. I think I will bring my own needles from now on. I joke, but I know a person whose husband became very ill while on a trip to Africa and the hospital conditions were deplorable and yes they tried to reuse a needle on him and she came uncorked. She found one English speaking doctor trained in the US and he said that this was common practice along with the blood being kept in open hallways full of flies. Not sure I love the future here.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:29 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,809,596 times
Quote:
I deserve it, I just don't want it. And to be able to walk away from this mess, yes, I am indeed in a very good position.
Then stop whining.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:31 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

Do we fool ourselves into thinking these clods actually would be willing to spend 8 years in a classroom/internship for a living that should pay more than a store clerk? I just sat in the ER with my 94 year old mom and there were endless clods approaching the front desk all not willing to pay a single dime that night and did not have insurance. They will still stiff the hospital for the amount that even they will be responsible for with this plan.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:34 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,335 times
I doubt many doctors will be going anywhere. So they are gonna quit and do what???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies