Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 01:08 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
I do believe in some states sodomy is still illegal.
The remaining sodomy laws in the U.S. were struck down by the Supreme Court in 2003.

Sodomy laws in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oral and anal sex (both heterosexual and homosexual) are completely legal in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 01:11 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times
Quote:
Homosexuality ...should be done away with period!
This will never happen. Go to sleep at night knowing that homosexuality will never go away, whether they're given rights or not. It has always existed and always will.

We are all equal and deserve equal rights!!! Unfortunately for you, we are getting there!

Old 03-17-2010, 03:19 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,125,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
Few issues animate me more that civil rights for gays and lesbians. That people would discriminate against others because of whom they sleep with is the height of ignorance and prejudice. The fact that gays and lesbians do not have federal protection from discrimination is a national disgrace.

As many have heard, a lesbian couple in a Mississippi high school recently sought to go to prom together (one of them wearing a tux). Rather than allowing the couple to attend the prom, the school canceled the big dance. In honor of those courageous gals in the Magnolia State who simply wanted to go to prom together, a neat web site has been set up of photos of lesbian couples' prom photos. Add yours if you have 'em!

Check it out and pass it along as a means of ending prejudice against gays and lesbians.
So now we should let people in unnatural relationships take their partners to prom?

Seriously?

That website disgusts me.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:20 PM

536 posts, read 413,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The remaining sodomy laws in the U.S. were struck down by the Supreme Court in 2003.

Sodomy laws in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oral and anal sex (both heterosexual and homosexual) are completely legal in the U.S.
Ah ok. Well that takes care of FEDERAL LAW but as we have seen states can and will enact their own laws.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
This will never happen. Go to sleep at night knowing that homosexuality will never go away, whether they're given rights or not. It has always existed and always will.

We are all equal and deserve equal rights!!! Unfortunately for you, we are getting there!
If we were all equal wouldn't we all look the same,act the same,have the same IQ etc etc etc I can go on and on and on so right their you destroyed any credibility you had when you say we are all equal because we are not equal.I know for a fact I am much smarter than most people here and I sure in the hell have more morals.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:23 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,302 times
A website for "lesbian prom photos" sounds a lot more interesting than it actually is.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then what should the government do? Make it a law requiring video cameras be set up in your home and everybody else's to make sure that people don't get by with sexually misbehaving before God Almighty?
Nope. Leave them be. But STOP PUSHING YOUR DISGUSTING AGENDA ON AMERICA! It is un natural and its immoral! We do not care what you do in YOUR HOME! They insist on making everything equal when we are not all equal its very simple. God will deal with homosexuals when the time comes but as a Christian hear on earth it is my duty to make sure they do not destroy my country and brainwash my kids minds with their disgusting agenda.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:27 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Ah ok. Well that takes care of FEDERAL LAW but as we have seen states can and will enact their own laws.
Ah, that doesn't take care of Federal Law, it takes care all laws which proscribe oral sex between consenting adults. State law does not trump the Constitution.

Why do I feel like I'm in a 4th grade civics classroom (no insult intended towards 4th graders).

Old 03-17-2010, 03:28 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is wrong legally and morally and should be done away with period!

Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:42 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times

Last edited by helenejen; 04-25-2013 at 09:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies