Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 02:05 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
So i guess that logic includes listening to Obama, Pelosi and his wife..not his constituents.

The same logic means voting yes on a trillion dollar mistake, just to move it off the table.

Integrity? Not an ounce. It's called a sell out.
Have you seen his wife?she is a red headed babe I would rate her a 9.Too bad she did not give him good advice and said"Dennis grow a pair and stand behind what you believe in"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 02:08 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Now he says he will vote for the HC bill in congress. Boy, that musta been one hell of a ride on Air Force One!
I admire Kucinch no end, and agree with his basic assesment, but I am very happy that he has developed a bit of pragmatism around this issue. . . baby steps. . . that's the only way real reform will happen.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:08 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
Your definition of integrity is different then mine,integrity to me is standing on the principles that you believe in.Listen to what Kucinich said :

Translation: he traded his integrity for Obama's legacy and to legitimize the POTUS.And this was after he said the bill was a gift to the insurance companies.So he goes along with the bill that is everything that he is against and you call that integrity?What happened to his principle?it flew out the window.I call him a coward.
You can spin this upside down, inside out, backwards, forwards and every which way that you choose. I supported Kucinich during the primaries and I well continue to support him. His stance on every issue has been on the money. He is still objecting to the war in Afgahnistan as I write this. He sees the Republicans for the obstructionists that they are and made the decision to have this move forward in spite of their desire to have this issue be his Obama's "Waterloo" as they have made no bones about lusting after Obama's failing on any and every issue that might place him in a admirable light with the average American people. Kucinich is a smart cookie and what you call cowardice, many call integrity...by placing his constituents ahead of his own persnal agenda. I defy you to show me one issue whre Kucunich has not shown that he is a true Statesman. I'll wait.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
Have you seen his wife?she is a red headed babe I would rate her a 9.Too bad she did not give him good advice and said"Dennis grow a pair and stand behind what you believe in"
A ride on Air Force One so he could be railed at by Obama seems to be all it takes for Kucinich to change his mind. I guess he is one of those people who thinks like the Dems keep saying we all feel, you know, that we do need some changes and this is just the beginning. He sold out and I will have to wait to see what the Ohio price really was.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haymaker View Post
Well, first of all Pelosi isn't even in the same league as Kuci. She's a solid liberal, he's far out to the extreme left. Kinda hangs out there by himself.

Secondly, I always knew that SF was a leftist base so I understand how Pelosi makes it. But Cleveland?? There must be a hotbed of radicals there somewhere that keeps this kooky ideologue in congress.
The San Francisco lefties are what Pelosi depends on. Her desire to get this thing passed may well go beyond most of their thinking but she is very far left, or at least has always seemed that way to me. Now Cleveland does have a strong union base to operate with and that seems to me to be what Kucinich operates on. He may be the farthest left bugger in the House, but he did a real flip flop after a plane ride? I think he got something more than that from the man who has passed out all those goodies, Obama.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
KUCINICH: I lived in twenty-one different places by the time I was seventeen, including a couple cars. I understand the connection between poverty and poor health care…I struggled with Crohn’s disease for much of my adult life. [...] I have doubts about the bill. I do not think it a step towards anything I supported in the past. This is not the bill I wanted to support, even as I continued efforts until the last minute to try to modify the bill. However, after careful discussions with President Obama, Speaker Pelosi, my wife Elizabeth, and close friends, I’ve decided to cast a vote in favor of the legislation. If my vote is to be counted, let it count now for passage of the bill — hopefully in the direction of comprehensive health care reform.

Kucinich explained his “real desire” see “our President succeed.” He added, “We have to look at what’s going on in this country. One of the things that’s bothered me is the attempt to delegitimize his presidency. That hurts the nation, when that happens. He was elected. Even though I’ve had some serious differences of opinion with the administration, this is a defining moment for whether or not we’ll have any opportunity to move off of square one on the issue of health care.”

Think Progress » Kucinich will vote for health care bill, says he’s bothered by ‘the attempt to delegitimize Obama’s presidency.’

Kucinich is a man of integrity. His decision was based on logic and he obviously will not give up on getting the kind of health care reform that he has advocated for in the past.
Do you and Think Progress think that there is any chance that any changes will be made in the direction that Kucinich wanted, in the first place? I see no chance that there will be any changes made after this abortion is passed through "deeming" it passed. Is it not obvious that the Congress becomes totally irrelevant with the passage of this bill? Somehow I just can't see how anyone changes his mind from Nay to Aye if he can see this happening.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Another Dem. that will be out of a job in November!
I don't think any union leader will tell his people to vote for Kucinich's opponent, therefore he is now safe when he may not have been without this switch.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:29 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
Kucinich was one of the few Dems that I actually respected even though I have always disagreed with most of his views. He always seemed honest. Now, he has sold his soul to Obama and agreed to vote for something he doesn't like or agree with. Pathetic.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:58 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,891 times
I have a feeling that, if this is passed, Kucinich may have a larger piece of legislation to roll into this.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:39 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
More from Kucinich...

I want to thank those who have supported me personally and politically as I have struggled with this decision. I ask for your continued support in our ongoing efforts to bring about meaningful change. As this bill passes I will renew my efforts to help those state organizations which are aimed at stirring a single payer movement which eliminates the predatory role of private insurers who make money not providing health care. I have taken a detour through supporting this bill, but I know the destination I will continue to lead, for as long as it takes, whatever it takes to an America where health care will be firmly established as a civil right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies