Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Hawaii ignore requests for President Obama's birth certificate?
Yes 31 62.00%
No 17 34.00%
Not sure 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 06:08 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
They can't produce a copy, because it doesn't exist. Obama was merely deemed to have been born.
Good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 06:14 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,947,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
They can't produce a copy, because it doesn't exist. Obama was merely deemed to have been born.
His birth certificate has his place of birth on it. The same one that he released to the public. If you question the authenticity, too bad, you don't matter. He won the election and no matter how much delusional birthers whine about it, he is the president. Get over it.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:50 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
I'm ok with it. It's time to stop trying to get Obama declared ineligible and time to figure out who the heck even comes close to being qualified to be POTUS next time around.

I feel bad for all those office clerks in Hawaii having to deal with all this.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:55 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,015,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
His birth certificate has his place of birth on it. The same one that he released to the public. If you question the authenticity, too bad, you don't matter. He won the election and no matter how much delusional birthers whine about it, he is the president. Get over it.
This country will be strong enough to "get over" the disaster of Obama. However this democracy cannot survive given the uninformed voters that put him there in the first place.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the only thing I found strange about pbo's beirt certificate was the fact that when he was born, the worth negro was used for race, not the word african american.

to me it suggests that the birth certificate was made when it was asked for, not when he was born.

This has been my argument ever since I saw the fake document that was going around.

Race: African.... LOL! Seriously???? In 1961, seriously? You have someone of the clueless, younger generation, fabricating a document.

My birth certificate has My doctor that delivered me, signature. Along with several other signatures. My mom & dad, also signed it.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:07 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,947,956 times
It does not say "negro" on his birth certificate. The race is what the parents put on the certificate and his father was African. Every state is different so just because it doesn't look like yours does not make it fake. Seriously, if the president of the USA had a fake birth certificate, and this was part of some vast conspiracy, don't you think they'd have the ability to make it look real?

snopes.com: Barack Obama Birth Certificate

If you can't find a legitimate gripe with the president, perhaps you should sit down somewhere and put a sock in it rather then spewing this foolishness. What a waste of time.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:36 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,424,316 times
Quote:
Should Hawaii ignore requests for President Obama's birth certificate?
Yes.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:52 PM

11,755 posts, read 14,643,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Let me be perfectly clear, (pregnant pause): If Hawaii just produced the vault copy of Obama's birth certificate the requests would end and this never would have been an issue for conversation.
I don't believe that for a second, and I'm betting that neither do you.

First of, what's this "vault copy" business? Is that the new wacky title that you guys cooked up when "long form" stopped working for you?

Second, you are undoubtedly aware that birther queen Orly Taitz and others have a litany of other bogus arguments that have nothing to do with where Obama was born. So, as you know, it wouldn't make a bit of difference to you or your birther buddies.

What I can't figure out is why Hawaii ever responded to those nuts.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:09 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,380,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I voted yes because Hawaii is wasting both money and man hours responding to people who should know that personal information such as birth records are protected by privacy laws and Hawaii cannot legally release that information without the person's permission. Genealogists run into this all the time when trying to get birth/marriage/death/etc. records.
I completely agree.

And one thing I don't understand - wouldn't there be fact checkers of all sorts for anyone even campaigning so that illegals wouldn't even make it to the campaign stage of the game? Do the birthers really believe that Obama just "slipped through"? And that the state of Hawai'i should waste their time responding to their ridiculous requests? I support Hawai'i in ignoring the birthers COMPLETELY. Birthers, shut up already.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:39 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You saw the wrong BC. The one I saw said African. These are self-reported, you realize and many Africans, even now, like to distinguish themselves from African-Americans.

I just remember the one they showed on communist news network, and it said african american, not negro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies