Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 02:59 PM

31 posts, read 73,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
That seems to be the number #1 argument against the health care bill.

"Communists!!!"
Whether you are in agreement with the Teabaggers or not, you must agree Omama is the most agreeable to communist-like propositions, ideas, legislation, tactics, etc. Shall I stop now?

He's flaming Red and you know it. If you deny it, you are too.

Notice at the end of the vid. It was a "progressive" work, not Columbus Dispatch, although there may be no difference.

Isn't 'progressive' such a nice sounding term? They're for progress, I am sure...listen to what they're name says!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 03:07 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Sure, everyone who disagrees with you is wrong and a commie. Right-o.

So, now the Columbus Dispatch is some kind of lefty biased paper too?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Columbus_Dispatch
The paper is seen as having a conservative slant.[4][5][6] The paper's last endorsement of a Democrat as a Presidential candidate, was for the reelection of Woodrow Wilson in 1916.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:12 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyAxles View Post
Whether you are in agreement with the Teabaggers or not, you must agree Omama is the most agreeable to communist-like propositions, ideas, legislation, tactics, etc. Shall I stop now?
No, you can start. Start by giving examples of these "Communist-like propositions, ideas, legislation, and tactics". I'll give you a pass on the "etc".

Old 03-18-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Post #50 has the full version as it was filmed by a local news media. The man with Parkinson's was part of a group of pro-health care reform supporters who were on the other side of the street from the tea baggers. And, yes, disabled people will go out of their way to support a pass-the-bill group like that, especially on something that effects the quality of their lives so much.
Yeah, most disableds have the time to participate in rallies and protests. They often do not contribute to the full potential of the capabilities they have remaining.

We do let them off easy. Many deserve it, many don't. Those of us pulling the weight for them (and many of you here, by the sounds of it) don't have time to take a "political protest" vacation. Cripe, many of us hardly take the time to take an R & R vacation. Yet we OWE them somehow.

Maybe I have disabilities I have managed to overcome, yet I choose to not become a kept *****. Would the word prostitute fit better?

I could; I won't.

Last edited by MuddyAxles; 03-18-2010 at 03:23 PM..

Old 03-18-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Sure, everyone who disagrees with you is wrong and a commie. Right-o.

So, now the Columbus Dispatch is some kind of lefty biased paper too?

The Columbus Dispatch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The paper is seen as having a conservative slant.[4][5][6] The paper's last endorsement of a Democrat as a Presidential candidate, was for the reelection of Woodrow Wilson in 1916.
No, everyone who embraces the kinds and types of things the leftists and progressives are embracing now are very nearly, if not totally, communist in practice or sympathy.

Didn't say anything about the Columbus Dispatch, db...I really don't know. Most papers are biased left. Most are failing You do the math. I was commenting on Progress Ohio. Did I forget to include that?

Thomas Woodrow Wilson, huh? They were wrong once upon a time!

Old 03-18-2010, 03:18 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Yeah, most disableds have the time to participate in rallies and protests. They often do not contribute to the full potential of the capabilities they have remaining.

We do let them off easy. Many deserve it, many don't. Those of us pulling the weight for them (and many of you here, by the sounds of it) don't have time to take a "political protest" vacation. Cripe, many of us hardly take the time to take an R & R vacation. Yet we OWE them somehow.

Maybe I have disabilities I have managed to overcome, yet I choose to not become a kept *****.

I could; I won't.
You can't overcome Parkinson's Disease.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
No, you can start. Start by giving examples of these "Communist-like propositions, ideas, legislation, and tactics". I'll give you a pass on the "etc".
Nationalized Health Care

Old 03-18-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You can't overcome Parkinson's Disease.
Michael Fox has done well for himself. While you can't be free of the affliction, many people with horrendous disabilities lead substantially normal lives and take care of their own needs. But those are the kinds of things some people choose to ignore.

If you care to go back, the voice said the person "apparently" suffered from Parkinson's. There was nothing apparent about it. He sat there, said nothing. How would YOU know the truth better than anyone else?

Old 03-18-2010, 03:28 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Quote:
Nationalized Health Care
Wrong. They are debating a public insurance option. It's not even close to Communism.

In a communist health care system, the hospitals would be government owned ran by government paid employees.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:29 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
What was done to this man was appalling.
It is however,typical of radical, racist groups such as the tea partiers who are just a bunch of middle aged-rednecks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies