Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 07:01 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Women who are set upon using the medical community to kill off the inconvenient life growing within them have no use for the truth or facts.
Perfectly legal medical procedure. Get over it. Don't want an abortion, don't have one, but don't tell other women what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 07:05 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Is it unreasonable to want them to just be honest?

Planned Parenthood logo should be, "if you want the pregnancy it is a baby, if you do not want the pregnancy it is a blob of tissue."

Old 03-17-2010, 07:07 PM

971 posts, read 1,294,709 times
The Catholic Church use to teach that that life began at the Quickening (4 or 5 months into the pregnancy when the mother starts to feel movement). Before that, they believed the mother was carrying a lifeless flesh vessel awaiting the breath of life from God. For a very large chuck of its existence, the Catholic Church allowed abortions to be performed prior to the Quickening.

My point: Things changes. Organizations alter their positions over time.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:09 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Perfectly legal medical procedure. Get over it. Don't want an abortion, don't have one, but don't tell other women what to do.
Do you propose it was a baby's life only when abortion was illegal but suddenly it is not a baby's life when the procedure is legal and Planned Parenthood has a vested financial interest to gain by providing the procedure?

Don't you think it is just a bid hypocritical for you to demand I not my express my opinion as you tell me what to do?

Old 03-17-2010, 07:09 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

The leftists see moral courage in the killing of a helpless baby, but are cowards when it comes to the killing of Muslim militants.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:10 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
So let Planned Parenthood change it's stance. Science now says it is a baby and can even show pictures and hear a heartbeat at 10 days. So get with the updated times.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Do you propose it was a baby's life only when abortion was illegal but suddenly it is not a baby's life when the procedure is legal and Planned Parenthood has a vested financial interest to gain by providing the procedure?
I never made any such proposal. The fact is is that abortion in a legal medical procedure and regardless of your views, a woman can choose to have one if she wishes.

Quote:
Don't you think it is just a bid hypocritical for you to demand I not my express my opinion as you tell me what to do?
Did I tell you to go out and get an abortion? No. But since you need me to spell it out for you . . .

Quote:
Women who are set upon using the medical community to kill off the inconvenient life growing within them have no use for the truth or facts.
The truth is is that abortion is legal, and fact is that the law does not recognize a fetus, especially in the first trimester when most abortions are preformed, as a human being with rights. Those are the facts. Those are the truths. So get over it, and stop forcing your beliefs on others. Don't want an abortion? Don't have one.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:24 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,114 times
http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab264/Dragging_Canoe/Planned-Parenthood-Abortions-Adopti.gif (broken link)

How is making women feel like abortion is the only option they have advocating choice?

Old 03-17-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post

How is making women feel like abortion is the only option they have advocating choice?
Statistics in the hands of people who don't understand them can be a dangerous and moronic thing. Out of that total population, how many went to Planned Parenthood for the express purpose of getting an abortion? How many were undecided when they went to Planned Parenthood? How many had already decided upon adoption and wanted a referral when they went to Planned Parenthood? We don't know those things and thus those numbers are meaningless, other than to show the most basic information. And they certainly do not support what you insinuate in the least.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:33 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
interesting. i was born in oct 1952. i am ten mos younger than my brother born dec 1951. thanks Mom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies