U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 10:44 AM

5,393 posts, read 4,364,859 times
haha, really? really? this is going to be far more costly than they anticipate.

I'll be sitting in my chair with popcorn come next November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 10:45 AM

11 posts, read 1,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If at least 1/3 of doctors retire when this thing passes and it puts
You keep sucking in that propaganda you're liable to lose sleep and develop an ulcer or a stroke.

2 years 'til the world ends, eat, drink and be merry.

30,962 posts, read 12,550,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Golly!!!! Going to cut the deficit $100 billion in 10 years. That looks like $10 billion per year and they are taking $50 billion per year from Medicare. Where will the other $40 billion from Medicare be going?
Please don't propagate lies. And if you don't believe it is, then educate yourself on the subject. But then, you just might be one of those self-labeling conservatives who hates reduction in wasteful spending.

And I'm not going to repeat myself ad infinitum on this subject.

44,931 posts, read 12,709,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanman View Post
Overall, the numbers are getting better as they will continue to do. 'Tis the nature of the beast.

Take a pill. Get over it.
I didn't see any mention of the $50 billion they will be cutting from Medicare every year for that 10 year span. Have you or any of the left leaners ever stopped to think that to get at the $50 billion that is stolen each year in the Medicare usage only one year is needed and yet, they plan to take that same amount each year for 10 and although CBO has told them that you just can't take it and spend it on another entitlement, which is what they are planning, but for some reason nobody seems to be understanding that.

How much is spent on Medicare each year? Is it enough that the total $500 billion won't about finish Medicare by year 10? Seemingly you know the answers to these questions so I would appreciate seeing them.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:46 AM

29,990 posts, read 20,089,083 times
Hey Eintstein! There is no CBO estimate yet. The "amendments" are still not in writing and have not been submitted to the CBO.

The James "I'm giddy over the score" Clyborne press conference was a dog & pony show of smoke and mirrors.

Whose lying?

Old 03-18-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanman View Post
You keep sucking in that propaganda you're liable to lose sleep and develop an ulcer or a stroke.

2 years 'til the world ends, eat, drink and be merry.
I see that you think those doctors are liars. Do you have any proof that they are? I won't accept the words of Obama as proof of anything.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:48 AM

4,988 posts, read 5,454,950 times
This bill creates dozens of new bureaucracies and administrations - employing hundreds if not thousands of new government workers - each likely getting paid $100k or more per year - all with lifetime government pensions. All paid for by you and me. HOW ON EARTH DOES THIS POSSIBLY SAVE MONEY?

Old 03-18-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Please don't propagate lies. And if you don't believe it is, then educate yourself on the subject. But then, you just might be one of those self-labeling conservatives who hates reduction in wasteful spending.

And I'm not going to repeat myself ad infinitum on this subject.
I don't know what you said here so I don't think you need to repeat yourself.

Do you have something that shows they don't plan to take $500 billion from Medicare in the next 10 years.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:50 AM

19,219 posts, read 6,416,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
This bill creates dozens of new bureaucracies and administrations, employing hundreds, if not thousands of new government workers, each likely getting paid $100k or more per year, all with a lifetime government pension. All paid for by you and me. HOW ON EARTH DOES THIS POSSIBLY SAVE MONEY?
It creates good jobs - but you're mentioning it prematurely.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:52 AM

2,785 posts, read 3,680,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
too bad that's because they'll be collecting taxes on the bill for four years before it's enacted

you can call it whatever you want, don't call it health care reform
exactly. no s**t it's going to cut the defecit. Well at least the first 4 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies